[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that ample time has passed since this series ended, I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Punished Inaho.png (168KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Inaho.png
168KB, 500x366px
Now that ample time has passed since this series ended, I'd like to discuss a question that's been on my mind for a long time.

Was Inaho autistic? And I'm serious, I don't mean it in the insulting way. His robotic behavior was just so unusual to me.
>>
He never felt the warm embrace of parents, his sister was only 6 when they are orphaned and he barely knew who his parents are or hell their names. If Inaho had even at least one parent his personality would have been interesting.

Twin Gemini is if Inaho and Yuki had a least a father to look after them, not an orphanage that didn't give a rats ass about Inaho and threw them out to the city to live by themselves
>>
Speaking as an autist: no. He didn't have sensory problems.

It doesn't matter how "autistic" a character seems - if their hearing/sight/sense of touch/smell/taste isn't overworking to the point of mild to severe discomfort, they're not autistic.

Inaho just didn't have parents and grew up in a fucked up environment from infanthood.

Haru from Free's a good example of antisocial character I *could* consider autistic - because in addition to the way he acts, he spends as much time with water against his skin as possible. He starts every morning just chilling in his bath for hours because it feels good.

So you'd expect weird sensory-based behaviours like that from autistic characters.
>>
>>15113469
>if their hearing/sight/sense of touch/smell/taste isn't overworking to the point of mild to severe discomfort, they're not autistic.
that's... not how autism works
>>
>>15113469
Doesn't that actually apply to Inaho though? Hence his fetish for his Sleipnir.
>>
>>15113407
>Was Inaho autistic?
No. He was Japanese.
>>
>>15113469
>It doesn't matter how "autistic" a character seems - if their hearing/sight/sense of touch/smell/taste isn't overworking to the point of mild to severe discomfort, they're not autistic.

Did DSM-V introduce new stuff? This is news to me.

Then again I'm on the HFA/Aspergers track, which DSM-V sorta dismisses in favor of the overall spectrum if I remember right.
>>
>>15113469
My little brother is/was so autistic that the state paid for years of intensive in-home therapy, and he's never had any of this shit.

I also asked him why the sky was blue while Aldnoah was airing and he gave whatever the non-Rayleigh Scattering answer is.
>>
>>15114043
Keep your cultural insensitivity out of this discussion, please.
>>
>>15113407
Aspergers, perhaps but not full debilitating autism. Really, it could just be introversion and a habitual poker face.

Sometimes you get people that just don't know how to express their emotions or get flustered in social situations and don't know what to do.
>>
File: 1478123700320.jpg (58KB, 567x693px) Image search: [Google]
1478123700320.jpg
58KB, 567x693px
>>15113407
hi delusional slainefag, How are you?
>>
>>15114236
yeah retards rewrote autism so instead of being an obsessive hyperloud/hyperquiet werido it means omegaPTSD or some shit
>>
>>15113407
He's a robot

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME THINK OTHERWISE
TRY IT I DARE YOU!!!
>>
Its 2017 and there are two Aldnoah Zero threads on the first page

What went wrong?
>>
>>15118395
He's a shoujo bishounen and a non-action character focused on shoujo drama and extensive knowledge about Birds and flowers.

YOU CAN'T MAKE ME THINK OTHERWISE
TRY IT I DARE YOU!!!
>>
>>15118399
To be fair, the disorders within ASD's umbrella can be very difficult to differentiate from one another (which supports DSM-5 just identifying the spectrum disorder rather than trying to isolate a particular flavor like Aspergers or PDD-NOS), and honestly one of the big problems with ASD itself is that it's quite the ambiguous condition, overlapping with other potential diagnoses and making a trained psych's job more involved than the accusations of autism we fling at each other on the internet.

At the end of the day, ASD does represent its own microcosm of behavioral diversity, you can get people of all kinds from cripplingly retarded outside of their niche all the way to borderline normal if you didn't know what to look for.
>>
>>15113407

As someone who has ASD, the first few episodes make Inaho seem like he has Aspergers. He doesn't know how to functional socially so he just shuts down, his obsessiveness for certain topics and his total dedication to routine, such that he is home cooking dinner even as the city is being evacuated.

It wouldn't have taken much at all for him to have been officially autistic, its certainly as close to the condition as Japan has ever managed to put onscreen, and the differences can easily be explained as Japan simply not know much about Autism (they are kind of in the dark about most mental health issues, since their culture doesn't like to recognize them or talk about them).

After episode 3, though, he is just stoic MC #4550. Any personality traits he had other than his poker face sort of get left behind.
>>
>>15113407
He's just supposed to be a take on the stoic MC, too bad he's hilariously badly written to the point where he's barely even a character.
>>
the manga story thingy that takes place in his childhood made things worse

he was using strategy and shit to hurt other kids that bullied him
>>
>>15122692
That makes him even more a Mary Sue than he was already.
>>
>>15114963
Calling him autistic is sign of cultural insensitivity.
I am pointing out how he embodies the ideals of Yamato Damshii.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.