[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know what game I recently started thinking about? Gun Valkyrie.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: f497c24f410a23c644ac108b659d1c2b.jpg (576KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
f497c24f410a23c644ac108b659d1c2b.jpg
576KB, 1200x1200px
You know what game I recently started thinking about?

Gun Valkyrie.

It was an old original Xbox launch title but it was smacks of fun.

How come it never got any sequels, spin offs or whatever? It was just the one shot that disappeared into the void as soon as you looked away from it.

I think I only ever beat it once before I bought Phantasy Star Online and spent the next 9999 hours of my life in that. But now I kinda want to play it again, or read the manga if there is any.
>>
>>15101330
>Xbox

there's the problem
>>
>>15101341
Not at launch it wasn't. More people had Xboxes then PS3s where I lived cause of the whole "Five hundred ninety-nine US Dollars" pricepoint. That was practically the down payment on a Toyota.

Even so, it did quite well on the original Xbox. I have lotsa fond memories. There's one level that still sticks out in my mind. It's been, literally... 17 years since I last played it, but this still remains fresh.

There's like a bug monster at the top of this topsy turvy tower thing, and it's broadcasting the BBEG's speech on an infinite loop. Actually, I don't remember MUCH of it besides that, but just that level with it's canned broadcast repeating throughout as you ascended this tower to put an end to it was something's that stuck with me.
>>
>>15101341

Xbox 1...err original, fucking hate that name, Had a lot of sega support out the gate. Jet Set Radio Future and Panzer Dragoon alongside OP's game made the system pretty enticing especially for us Sega fags cross at sony
>>
This one has been on my playslist since I first saw it years ago. Somehow I never got around to obtain an xbox until recently. so I'll definitely give it a try.
>>
>>15101560
Sega did distribute their franchises equally to other systems, like Shinobi, Virtua Fighter and Virtual On to PS2, JRPGs like Skies of Arcadia to Gamecube etc.
I wonder how would it be if Sega exclusively support Microsoft making Xbox the actual Dreamcast successor.
>>
>>15101483
>More people had Xboxes then PS3s where I lived
XBOX is from the same generation as the PS2, not PS3. You're thinking of the XBOX360.
>>
>>15101330
>How come it never got any sequels, spin offs or whatever

It sold like shit, reviewed tepidly, and failed to create a niche audience to support it regardless of those facts.

Meanwhile, Japanese support of the Xbox dried up, and Sega had to continue downsizing, cutting a lot of the studios making weird, smaller-scope titles. After Sega merged with Sammy, the team that made GunValkyrie was shifted into a sports game team that now only pumps out Mario and Sonic at the Olympics titles.
>>
>>15101330
I loved that game. It was hard as fuck to get good with, though. I know you were supposed to use the L1 click to boost left right, back etc -- and if you kept doing it, you'd stay in the air forever. Someone said if you ever touched the ground in an outdoor fight you were doing it wrong. But I was never really able to do it. Always ended up hitting the ground.
>>
>>15101341
yup
>>
>>15101341
Not a problem
>>
>>15101330
You know for a society of what is basically British Victoria era that conquered the world with advance technology they found in a comet, the girl sure does wear some scandalous outfits by their standards
>>
>>15105174
I heard someone say once it was supposed to be some kind of Alice in Techno-Wonderland or something like that, that that had an inspiration.
>>
>>15101330
wuts an xbox
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.