[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished Super robot wars OG 1 last week. I liked the plot,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

Finished Super robot wars OG 1 last week.

I liked the plot, characters, music, and robots.
but I felt the game was pretty basic and not very interesting.

Does it get any better with later entries in the OG series?
>>
>>15101268
Same basic gameplay's the same in later games. OG2 has much better animations than OG1, the PS2 games add isometric maps with 3-D models, the twin unit system and voice acting. PS3/4 games are basically the same with shinier graphics.
>>
Every game has some new mechanic or other and changes the skills available and such. Sometimes the changes are good, sometimes they're bad. It can get pretty different when you get far into the series.
>>
>>15101268
>I liked the plot, characters, music, and robots.
>but I felt the game was pretty basic and not very interesting.
Welcome to SRW. It's all pretty much like that. The PS2 games (Alpha 2, 3 and SRW Z) have squad systems to liven things up a bit, at least.
>>
>>15101405
So do people just like it just for the animations and plot and not for the gameplay then?
>>
>>15101492
Depends. People who like tactical games like Fire Emblem of Final Fantasy Tactics usually like it. It's okay if you don't like that genre much. It's not for everyone.
>>
>>15101495
The funny thing is I do like tactics, but OG 1 didn't wow me, but hey it could get better with later entries
>>
>>15101545
OG2 is significantly more challenging, if the lack of difficulty was part of what bored you. But you're not getting much in terms of new mechanics, the core is still the same. SRW has changed a lot over the years but not so much since this game came out.
>>
By the way, OG1, OG2 and OG Endless Saga(spinoff RPG) are the only ones Atlus translated into English back then.
>>
>>15101671
Endless Frontier is neat, instead of a strategy game it's an action rpg with combo juggling. I really love the gameplay, even the forced evasion.

On the other hand the plot is strung together with boob jokes. It's like a game written by Excellen.
>>
>>15101680
>the plot is strung together with boob jokes.
There's nothing wrong with that. SRW is already fanservice incarnate so as long as you know what you're getting into it's fine. The writing is actually really funny though. I think I laughed out loud playing that game more than any other game.
>>
They're all pretty basic as far as SRPGs go, don't expect Advance Wars tier stuff.
>>
Half of the fun in the games is to see famous robots whacking out at each others and the energetic music, no? The gameplay is basic but it's not bad of any kind, and it's not really easy to come up with creative gimmicks for a series where each characters is important to the plot, and there's no kind of "creating your own characters in unlimited numbers" like in other series.
They could use some way to further divide the robots into "classes" though, more than the usual 3 Super, Real, and Support.
>>
>>15101658
Yeah it did feel really easy a lot of the time, and that's probably what bored me about it
>>
>>15101868
>don't expect Advance Wars tier stuff.
Wait what? Advance Wars really isn't more complex mechanically, probably less really.

It's just that AW having actual difficulty makes it actually interesting to play rather than a bore.
>>
>>15101868
>don't expect Advance Wars tier stuff.
Go figure out where Advance Wars fits in on complexity before you post again.
>>
>>15101268
yes
>>
>>15101680
As a note, if you like Haken and Aschen, they made it into the most recent OG game.
>>
I ran through OG1 once with only Kyosuke and Excellen so that I could just spam counterattack till everything's dead.
>>
>>15101268
wait for V soon
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.