/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the pinnacle of mecha anime. It peaked at TTGL and there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

This is the pinnacle of mecha anime. It peaked at TTGL and there will never be anything better.
>>
>>15098992
Question. If TTGL is the pinnacle of the genre, and so revolutionary, where are the shows that imitate TTGL? Like what Gundam, Mazinger and Eva got?
>>
File: masterpiece.jpg (3MB, 2614x1639px) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece.jpg
3MB, 2614x1639px
>>15098992
>t. newcuck fresh off the boat from reddit
Plebs like you could never possibly grasp the utter perfection that is New Century Evangelion, but that's expected of a casual, it's simply 2D4U

When the day comes that you finally understand, you will kiss Anno's feet as nature intended as your brain is finally enlightened by all the philosophy, literature, and pontifications on human relationships that you were simply too stupid to understand before.
>>
>>15098992

This is why nobody likes you fags
>>
>>15098997
No one in the industry can imitate it.
>>
File: ttgl.jpg (851KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
ttgl.jpg
851KB, 2016x1512px
>>15098992
I'm going to do it.

I'm going to complete my collection this year.
>>
File: talk about epic.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
talk about epic.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>15098992
wrong and wrong again, Evageeks
>>
>>15098992

Nah, Its not even the best Gainax Mecha show.
>>
File: getter trio.jpg (132KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
getter trio.jpg
132KB, 1440x1080px
>>15098992
>This is the pinnacle of mecha anime. It peaked at TTGL and there will never be anything getter.

FTFY
>>
>>15099097
>>15099359
Stop kidding yourselves. Eva, Gunbuster and Getter are okay, but mecha peaked with TTGL. There will NEVER be anything better.
>>
File: tvmaga-crop.png (1MB, 962x754px) Image search: [Google]
tvmaga-crop.png
1MB, 962x754px
This is the pinnacle of mecha anime. It peaked at KNT and there will never be anything better.
>>
>>15099359
All the Getter anime are shit. The Getter Manga is pretty good though.

Either way, TTGL is the best mecha anime of all time and there's literally nothing you can do to prove me wrong.
>>
>>15100143
What if I liked GaoGaiGar, Tetsujin 28-gou, Turn A Gundam, Ideon, War in the pocket, Fafner, New Getter Robo, Gunbuster, Diebuster, FLCL, J-decker, Neo Ranga, Eva, Cross ange, Giant robo, Macross, Plus, DYRL, and kuromukuro more than TTGL
>>
>>15098992
Oh great this thread again. Let false flagging and poor trolling attempts begin again, I guess. Makes sense since we are in a cycle of the same exact targeted shitposting, and since the Nagai shitposting from last week didn't rile many reactions guess it's back to TTGL.

>>15100230
>Maybe, but even with their nonsencal plot
None of the Getter OVAs are nonsensical
>>
>>15100249
armageddon is pretty no sensical sometimes

but for the most part you right
>>
>>15100266
>armageddon is pretty no sensical sometimes
Everything in Armageddon is explained or implicitly stated. The only point that it can be considered "confusing" is the beginning due to the break neck pace, but nothing unexplained needed to be said at that time anger Kawagoe explained everything as the series went on. Considering Imagawa's directing style it clould have been actually incoherent but fortunately the first three episodes have enough that you can piece it together.

Armageddon just doesn't feel the need to spoon feed it's viewer at all times which I found refreshing.
>>
>>15100230
>ttgl's second season snooze fest
Watching something that doesn't exist is pretty boring, yeah.
>>
It was the pinnacle of shounen. I don't mean that in a derogatory way since I really enjoyed it but it definitely catered to that demographic. Still a good watch.
>>
>>15098992
>This is the pinnacle of mecha anime. It peaked at TTGL and there will never be anything better.
Isn't that against the whole point of Gurren Lagann though?
>>
If Imashi's next anime is mecha, It'll be interesting to see if the fans will turn on TTGL, or the new show.

Granted in /m/'s current condition, it'll get trolled relentlessly regardless if the show is good or not.
>>
Ah yes. My first mecha anime TTGL. Thanks for introducing me to a wonderful genre.
>>
>>15100298
>Armageddon just doesn't feel the need to spoon feed it's viewer at all times
It's pretty easy when there's not much to feed the auidence
>>
>>15101837
This. It's somewhat cryptic at times and tries to be subtle with its storytelling but you realise there's no point in this because the substance just isn't there. There's no message or meaningful theme, the direction lacked any impact for the majority of its run, and the characters were all terribly shallow in their “mysterious ambiguous plots” which led to nothing. What the fuck did they do to poor Saotome and Hayato?

This anime isn't even simple but well executed fun, it's just a boring barebones mess. I can't believe some of /m/ still think Gurren Lagann is any worse than any Getter anime.
>>
>>15100186
There is one thing I can say to prove you wrong.

Opinion.
>>
>>15101980
>It's somewhat cryptic at times and tries to be subtle with its storytelling but you realise there's no point in this because the substance just isn't there. There's no message or meaningful theme, the direction lacked any impact for the majority of its run, and the characters were all terribly shallow in their “mysterious ambiguous plots” which led to nothing. What the fuck did they do to poor Saotome and Hayato?
Mind sharing some examples with the class to prove your point?
>>
File: NGE thread 2 deep.png (83KB, 800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
NGE thread 2 deep.png
83KB, 800x3000px
>>15099011
>>
>>15098997
Every show made after TTGL.
>>
>>15103730
This
>>
>>15103730
Name examples
>>
>>15099011
>t. newcuck fresh off the boat from Cartoon Network
Plebs like you could never possibly grasp the utter perfection that is Kidou Senshi Gundam, but that's expected of a casual, it's simply 2D4U.

When the day comes that you finally understand, you will kiss Tomino's feet as nature intended as your brain is finally enlightened by all the history, politics and pontifications on human nature that you were simply too stupid to understand before.
>>
>>15099011
Reddit loves Eva you'll have to get better b8 m8
>>
>>15105764
this. I went there for a manga recommendation when I was just getting into that type stuff. I asked for something hard scifi and lo and behold, they told me to try NGE. Fuckers
>>
>>15098992
>posting one mecha anime /m/ hates
nice job OP
>>
I thought that peak was in the 80s with VOTOMS and Dougram
>>
Guys. The pinnacle of mecha anime is your opinion. There is no fact. This post is a opinion. No matter how much one may want it to be fact, it isn't, and it never will be.
>>
>>15106282

What a non committal pussy ass answer. Shove your "Let's all get along" shit up your ass you wuss. You're not cool for taking the high road. You're just a faggot.
>>
>>15106290
>implying hating literally everything makes you any cooler

w e w
e
w

l a d
a
d
>>
>>15106599
what a waste of dubs
>>15106290 was right, you are a pussy
>>
>>15106290
Where in any of my comments did I say to get along? My point was no matter how much you may wish it to be. The pinnacle of mecha anime is pure opinion, it is not a fact. You can't fight it.
>>
>>15099069
Is the final addition to your collection getting your ass drilled?
>>
>>15100222
I like TDKR more than TDK, but I can admit that TDK was objectively better film.
>>
>>15101430
Damn, you really got me there, didn't you?
>>
>>15098992
But that is not the 2017 anime of Full Metal Panic!
>>
File: 1474681600294.png (3MB, 1698x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474681600294.png
3MB, 1698x1080px
the great thing about starting the genre with TTGL is there are DOZENS of /m/ shows that are even better

Super robot shows kick ass
>pic very much related
>>
>>15110917
GaoGaiGar isn't better than TTGL
>>
>>15110980
That's your opinion.
>>
>>15111013
And your point is?
>>
>>15111019
GaoGaiGar is better than TTGL.
>>
>>15111021
That's your opinion.
>>
>>15111084
And your point is?
>>
>TTGL is popular in the States, meaning that I have to put up with shitposting and fanboys who compare everything to TTGL
>TTGL sold unremarkably well and has no lasting power in the industry other than setting a standard for what new "ore" types should be like
>end result is that I can't talk about a thing I like with people who speak the same language as me, nor can I play fun vidya or enjoy neat spinoff material aside from like five SRW games
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.