[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.zimmerit.moe/when-gundam -came-to-hollywood/ >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: mead_gundam_opening.jpg (260KB, 1402x1050px) Image search: [Google]
mead_gundam_opening.jpg
260KB, 1402x1050px
http://www.zimmerit.moe/when-gundam-came-to-hollywood/

>There were plans for a live action hollywood Gundam back in the 80s

What do you think of this /m/?
>>
>>15095874
>Gundam by Lionsgate

Can you imagine a Gundam done ala Chronicle or Cloverfield?
>>
This script sounds absolutely bonkers.
Char and "Amaru" are brothers?
Gundam variants like the "Gungrenadier" and "Gunfighter?"
No Zeon at all?
>>
>>15095874
I like some of the concepts, honestly I mean yeah they changed it and such but some of it sounds neat, don't know if it would of been worth a shit, and not really much of an adaption as much as a reimagining, but sounds like it could of been cool, maybe not so much as Gundam but as something.
>>
>SARA: It couldn't be helped
>>
I wish, I wish Tomino would have commented on this.
>>
>>15095973
Yeah. Some bits sound a little odd (Tim Ray inventing giant robots AND an rogue AI corporation?), but it might have been a cool film. It could have been another Tron.

However, it seems so un-Gundam in parts that I wonder why they bothered tying it to Gundam. You don't need to use the name "Gundam" to make an anti-war movie about giant robots, even if one of the robots is red.
>>
File: Claudia laugh.png (751KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Claudia laugh.png
751KB, 768x576px
>>15095874
God, that story is awful. And the funniest thing is that it could pass as the story for new modern TV Gundam
>>
>>15095990
Yeah, allot of it is un-Gundam, but it's stand on it's own pretty good, fuck I wouldn't object to it being a Gundam thing either honestly (Yeah it's weird compared to the usual but shit I'd take it either way)
>>
I am very curious as to what the Gunfighter and Gungrenadier would look like.
>>
I wonder who could perform Zoe's role
>>
>Zeon is now a rogue AI because of course it fucking is
Goddamnit America, why does every sci-fi you make has to have a "technology is bad!" message and at least one rogue AI?
>>
>they are held tight to each other, kind of like a fighting fuck.
>as the Gundam RISES
>>
>>15096019
That's what they're paid for. We don't need robotized factories, they may rise against us. Let's invest into Asian sweatshops, even if they rise up, they won't be able to get here
>>
>>15096019
There seems to be a recurring idea that "the only good AI is one which sacrifices itself for humans" throughout mainstream SF (somewhat-)recently (off the top of my head: Doom 2016, Gargantia, ST: Nemesis, Terminator 2, Aliens (sort of)). If you want to find stories in which AI survival (or Butler-forbid growth!) is a driving force, you have to look at harder stuff like Neuromancer, or at the very least GitS or Armitage III.
>>
>>15095874
>Zaku with beam weapons
>Amuro's stupid unimotorad
>wrong kind of colony architecture
God I hate Syd Mead.
Thank goodness we got G-Saviour instead of this shit.
>>
>>15096056

:^)
>>
File: venuswars_shot03.jpg (78KB, 836x451px) Image search: [Google]
venuswars_shot03.jpg
78KB, 836x451px
>>15096056
What's wrong with unimotorads, dammit?
Architecture is wrong, but probably just as working.
>beam zakus
Might be the problem.
>>
>>15096050
There's also the very unique angle that The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy approaches AI from. Make AI capable of emotion and then wire them with read-only instructions that make it so that doing their job correctly makes them happy. You don't even need to program them much further than that, because they'll figure out how to get good at their job because it will make them happier.

Of course this method would make murderbots particularly scary, because if a robot was instructed to kill you it wouldn't just follow protocols, it would actually HATE you because your being alive would be the only thing preventing it from being happy. But I don't recall any particularly maleficent AI in the Hitchhiker's Guide series. There is that new edition of the Guide that actually destroys earth before Arthur can get off of it, but it wasn't acting on its own it was just doing what a Vogon told it to.
>>
>>15095874
obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJWV9-TRD1E
>>
Are you by any chance a member of that mecha facebook group OP ?
>>
File: literacy cat.jpg (123KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
literacy cat.jpg
123KB, 500x367px
>>15095973
>using "of" instead of "have"
>>
>>15095874
>mobile suits are 100 meters tall
>Gundam's cockpit is a "neural net"
>Amaru and Sha are brothers
>'Ziong' is a rouge AI

This sounds awesome.
>>
>>15100660
>I like some have the concepts, honestly I mean yeah they chainged it and such but some have it sounds neat,
>>
>>15100746
I think he means with the

>Could have been cool

Bit instead, but his picking at it, probably thinks that I give a shit, which I don't.
>>
>>15095990
I would be willing to bet the plan was to launch the movie and then dub the anime to push more toys.

It was the 80s afterall.
>>
>>15100803
That makes sense: blow a huge budget on experimental CGI, but don't worry about it because you have an entire franchise's worth of toys to fall back on for the cost of a few dubs. Without being called Gundam, the plan stops at "blow a huge budget".
>>
>>15096064
>What's wrong with unimotorads,
1. It's an engineering nightmare with no practical advantage over any iirl vehicle
2. If you wreck it, your legs will get ground into the road and there's no way to get out of it. This is EXACTLY why motorcycles do not have seatbelts. I can see the advertisements already:

"NOA Unimotorads: YOU'LL NEVER WALK AGAIN"

Mead is a shit engineer if he actually thinks this cripplemaker is a practical design.
>>
>>15100746
>actually being this illiterate
>>
>>15100792
>Bit instead

What did you mean by that?
>>
File: 1433636596696.gif (541KB, 352x198px) Image search: [Google]
1433636596696.gif
541KB, 352x198px
>>15095959
To think my first mech movie might have been gundam inspired rather then "robot jocks" I feel like I would have grown up even more betrayed.
>>
>>15095975
>It couldn't be helped
Once you have it pointed out you see it fucking everywhere in anything Japanese.

From the protag accidentally blowing up his school with a giant robot, to the military leader man who just lost half his men by falling into an enemy trap, to the hot wife cheating on her husband in an H-manga because the old fat business man has some indecent photos of her.

"It can't/couldn't be helped" and it's almost translated exactly like that, I guess it's better than people saying shit like "No sense crying over spilled milk" but the frequency in which you see that phrase is a bit much.
>>
>>15095874
G-Saviour
>>
>>15100850
Gundam isn't known for practical designs in the first place.
>>
>>15103491
Gor no
>>
>>15095993
I Love Misa
>>
>>15107295
Yes
>>
File: pg117_large_cropped.jpg (97KB, 1232x541px) Image search: [Google]
pg117_large_cropped.jpg
97KB, 1232x541px
>>15095874
>http://www.zimmerit.moe/when-gundam-came-to-hollywood/

o shit it's AGE ending
>>
>>15103491
Best gunfam
>>
>>15102070
Shikata ga nai.
>>
>>15100746
>>15100792

A retard like you should of been aborted.
>>
>>15118317
>should of
>>
>>15095874
The 80s artwork is sorta cool, but holy shit am I glad this got nipped in the bud. That's the worst premise I've read in a long time for something Gundam related.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.