[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Majin Emperor G? Are you fine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

File: CwNFqjtXgAQVJ8Z.jpg (279KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CwNFqjtXgAQVJ8Z.jpg
279KB, 900x1200px
What are your thoughts on Majin Emperor G?

Are you fine or iffy with it?
>>
File: l_5861450464e12.jpg (73KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
l_5861450464e12.jpg
73KB, 426x640px
Terada thinks he did a good job.
>>
File: l_586145047c511.jpg (92KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
l_586145047c511.jpg
92KB, 640x426px
>>
File: l_586145046f21f (1).jpg (75KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
l_586145046f21f (1).jpg
75KB, 426x640px
>>
File: Kaiser.jpg (34KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiser.jpg
34KB, 320x320px
>>15089752
Its nice for SRW to give an upgrade to Tetsuya that isn't just Great Toeizinger

It being Great Toeikaiser isn't much better though, and it replacing a preexisting canon upgrade is a big nono.

I just really like Great Mazinkaiser's darker design, and the whole idea of Great Mazinger combining with the Great Booster is really cool.

Meanwhile with Emperor, aside from the goofier appearance (two pairs of upward horns? are we Grendizer now?), its own Scrander is nonsensical and it doesn't even have drill bladed arms. I will say that I like all the gold and black trim, at least.
>>
>>15089788
Mazin Emperor G seems to be on the Shin Mazinger side of things, not Toeizinger.

>I just really like Great Mazinkaiser's darker design
It just looks like an edger version of Great Mazinger to me, like ZERO. They're cool, but not different enough.

>two pairs of upward horns?
I agree that was unnecessary, but I really like the wings, and the gold trim as well. I'm just disappointed with the real proportions. If they choose to make an OVA out of this, it needs some redesign.

By the way, who designed Majin Emperor G?
I feel like Tsuyoshi Nonaka could have come up with a better design. I don't know, it feels rushed.
>>
Its awful, I get what they are hintng at, the proper warrior vis a vis to Z's 'brawler' but the adage of 'a knight in shining armor has yet to have his steel tested' reeks in the design. Great should be more of an operator guy, less frills.
>>
>>15089846
Are you saying it's awful because Tetsuya isn't allowed to be stylish? Original Tetsuya maybe, but Shin Tetsuya is a cool motherfucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c60abmS_AWo
>>
>>15089752
Ugly and lame as fuck.
>>
>>15089821
>Mazin Emperor G seems to be on the Shin Mazinger side of things
No Mazingers in Shin have had blue parts. That's something that is mostly only done by Toei, the only exceptions I can think of being original Mazinkaiser's pre-OVA appearances in SRW and the "True" Great Mazinger in the Mazinkaiser OVA.

>They're cool, but not different enough.
Well, when it comes down to it, most Mazingers are pretty similar. Our preferences are based on small differences like whether we like red eyeliner or now. That said, the variation in Mazinger designs over the years, especially with the original Mazinger Z is a fascinating case study in how seemingly small tweaks to a character design can give off a vastly different impression. Anyway, for my part, I just kinda like a Mazinkaiser that has a V-shaped chestplate. Not really a fan of the weird bat wings original and SKL looks better when it's using its chest as guns
>>
File: 500.png (269KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
500.png
269KB, 500x375px
>>15089885
But they're using Shin Tetsuya as the pilot.

>Our preferences are based on small differences
Great Mazinkaiser looks really obarified (or whatever you call it) and I'm exhausted on these kind of designs. It doesn't look like a new design to me, rather a redesign.

I personally don't care for V shaped chest plates, but the wings are definitely one of my favourite aspects of Mazinger and even Getter (A cloak works too)

>Not really a fan of the weird bat wings original and SKL
I thought that was genius especially since it was in the shape of Devilman.
>>
>>15089920
>But they're using Shin Tetsuya as the pilot.
Of course they are. That doesn't really say anything about the design itself. Toei Kouji got to be the pilot of Mazinkaiser for a time and it was the same deal then.

>It doesn't look like a new design to me, rather a redesign.
It is. It's basically just Mazinkaiser with a different chestplate and Scrander and then some slight differences elsewhere like the blades on the thighs and the arm drill blades being meatier and the shoulder bits pointing up a bit more and so on. Its differences from the original Mazinkaiser mirror the differences between Great Mazinger and Mazinger Z. You gotta remember that that was a very small change too. Different chestplate, horns point up, blades on the thighs and biceps, somewhat taller and slimmer, built-in scrander, and that's it.

To clarify, I actually do like most of SKL's design elements; I just think it looks better with the chestplate off. Otherwise, it'd be my favorite Mazinkaiser if not for Great.
>>
>>15089920

I'm curious to see the design in action more, also wondering if the cape becomes wings due to there being obvious scrander thrusters on ihe back.

As for the two pairs of upward horns, I think it's supposed to be a nod to Grendizer.
>>
The important question is will Emperor get its own theme like Banpresto Mazinkaiser did?
>>
>>15090096
I think Aniki may be getting a little old for that, m8
>>
>>15090096
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI54oVraZ8E
>>
>>15089862

Not that kind of style, the Royal regalia fits better with Grendeizer. Great should invoke the feeling of a seasoned veteran.
>>
Tetsuya is my favorite Mazinger pilot, so I'm happy he's got a souped-up God machine to go with ZERO and Kaiser.

It looks really cool in motion so far, and I'm legitimately hyped for seeing it in action. Especially since having 3D maps again means we're (Hopefully) gonna have a cool map event where Great and Z get transformed into Emperor G and ZERO.
>>
>>15090349
>yfw when crazy map event where Zeus and Hades duke it out before giving their energy to Great and Mazinger respectively

It would never happen, but still
>>
>>15089752
Looks kinda weird but I'm fine with it. I like it more than the tryhard shit from Zero.
>>
>>15090399

Said map event, if there will be one, will probably just be "LOL, bombarded by Getter Rays from Shin Dragon".
>>
>>15090427
That is true, which both lowers the hype and only makes Z3 look worse
>>
>>15090427
Pretty much what everyone would expect, honestly.
>>
Too much color, it looks like a clown
>>
>>15089788
>two pairs of upward horns? are we Grendizer now?

How else is it meant to EMPEROR THUNDER BREAK?

>>15090476
It's not that much more colorful than the original Great.
>>
>>15090476

It's less colorful than Grendizer and not really much more colorful than Great.
>>
>>15089788
Great Mazinkaiser is a mistake
>>
>>15089752
I have to see it in motion more, but I like it so far.

I also kinda see what they were possibly going for here using Emperor G instead of Great Kaiser. While it's promoting a figure, it also takes care of the fact that if Kouji gets an upgrade, Tetsuya doesn't get left behind because they can't use Great Kaiser
>>
>>15089752
Feels like Tetsuya's overcompensating for something.
>>
>>15089885
>No Mazingers in Shin have had blue parts.
Thats not exclusive to TOEI, specially when Great Mazinger is the Great from Shin Mazinger. Mazin Emperor G is paying homage to the classic colors you dumbfuck
>>
>>15091830
he didn't get Shin Mazinger treatment?
>>
>>15091830
He's a clone baby? :)
>>
File: 807338202_bcc6ae46df_o.jpg (23KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
807338202_bcc6ae46df_o.jpg
23KB, 500x353px
>>15089752
I'm a massive Mazinger fan. But Mazin Emperor G, besides having a silly name, looks absolutely hideous. The only aspects of its design that are good are just leftovers from the original Great Mazinger design while every new addition is just a step further into terribleness. That said, the sprite looks better than the illustration, probably because of the proportions and I wouldn't be surprised if it was initially designed with SD proportions first and foremost.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.