[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about Blake's 7? I've watched a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: blakes-7.jpg (41KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
blakes-7.jpg
41KB, 1032x774px
What do you think about Blake's 7? I've watched a few episodes in Youtube and I like it. It's very low-budget and the episode in Cygnus alpha was kind of dumb, but I like that there's a story instead of just being episodic, and the Liberator is a cool design. Does the rest of the show stay good?
>>
In my opinion, the series does get weaker once Blake more or less becomes a guest character. Your mileage might vary on that one though, depending on how much you like the idea of Avon taking on the leadership role.

Still, it's a series that I think is very much worth the watch. That is, despite some of the questionable special effects.
>>
Blake drops out of the picture? That's a pity, considering everything revolves around him. I like Avon, but right now I don't see him as a leader. We'll see.
>>
Prepare for Kerr Avon awesomeness in Seasons 3 and 4! And question: who watches Blake's 7 for Roj Blake?
>>
>>15089882
I think what's interesting is that without Blake there actually wasn't that much direction for the crew.

>>15089905
I did, sort of. One of my favorite parts of the first two series was watching Blake and Avon butt heads on what to do next. A clash of ideologies I guess.
>>
I feel it DOES stay good, but the reasons for WHY it's good change.

The earlier seasons have some pretty solid plot arcs, and some really great implied grittiness that makes the setting as a whole feel really intimate. Great recurring characters, solid cast, solid, tangible direction that the cast is moving toward.

Then in later seasons, while you don't have as many really dynamite (and dynamic) plot arcs going on, you DO get some really, really great one-off episodes. I remember one episode later on in particular which is basically an archetypal "Big Heist" episode that gets absolutely everything right.

The character dynamics in the later seasons remain pretty solid, though the changed status-quo does take getting used to.

Still super highly recommend Blakes 7. The quality may yo-yo from time to time, but it's a consistently enjoyable experience.
>>
Blake's 7 really started the trend of serialized sci-fi. Previously it'd all been anthology shows (Twilight Zone), separate stories (Doctor Who), or monster-of-the-week type stuff; seldom overarcing plot tying a season or multiple seasons together.

also avon a best
>>
File: nana.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nana.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>15089398
Love it to pieces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWuTeR7xCU4
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.