[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Mobile Suit Gundam a metaphorical story about Japan's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Is Mobile Suit Gundam a metaphorical story about Japan's experience during WWII?
>>
In a lot of respects yes. This is why UC is supremely popular.

Hell, 0083 was a revenge fantasy about Japanese holdouts gathering together and managing to nuke the United States.
>>
>>15083191
That's what I was thinking the whole time when I was watching 0083. It felt like they were trying to show the horrors of nuclear warfare, was very humanizing.
>>
More like 3rd Reich.
EF were Soviets.
>>
>>15083191
>>15083198
Not really. It's completely lacking the whole Emperor-worshipping that defined Japan during the period and it doesn't have extensive scenes of common soldiers being forced into suicide attacks by their COs or being glad that their specific commander told them to farm so that they'd have supplies in the years to come.

The strongest methaphor for the WW2-experience in it are probably the colony drops, which on some level combine the experience of being on the recieving end of the bombing campaign with the forced suicide attacks, I guess. Also the Battle of Loum kind of is the decisive naval engagement japanese planners longed for and the fact that it doesn't do shit simply because the EF can out-produce them to hell and back could be read as another jab at Japanese issues.

The whole Newtype-stuff belongs to a completely different generation though.
>>
>>15083253
>EF were Soviets.

They're a corrupt green totalitarian global republic. They used their power to test all of humanity for serious genetic abberations that could become problematic under hard ratiation and then pushed everyone who's kids will probably survive growing up in space into colonies so that earth's enviroment could be regenerated for the rich and those that can't thrieve in space.

Something as wierd as that doesn't have any equivalent in RL.
>>
>>15083275
The EF's treatment of humanity is a bit like the Soviet's treatment of Russia and the Warsaw Pact in general.
>>
>>15083322
It's radically different. The Soviet Union would've turned the colonies of side six around and shot them into outer space while calling it a "long-distance space colonization project" on TV.
>>
File: 21124546336.jpg (100KB, 384x750px) Image search: [Google]
21124546336.jpg
100KB, 384x750px
>>15083260

>lacks the Emperor worshiping

I think you missed the point of Delaz' characterization.
>>
>>15083369
Emperor Worship included stuff like the idea that all of Japan should behave like they're part of a huge extended family, in which the main family was the imperial house and their original ancestors the gods, Anon.

That's really nothing like what we see from Zeon, who believe that the portion of humanity living in space is on a trajection towards genetic superiority over earthnoids and who're claiming to be fighting to wrest political control over the Earthsphere from the current earth-based institutions.
>>
>>15083275
>They used their power to test all of humanity for serious genetic abberations

Nigger fucking what, are you getting your news from the Jovians?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.