[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're bitch slaps like a regular, everyday greeting, back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (94KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 960x640px
We're bitch slaps like a regular, everyday greeting, back in the day?

I swear that this poor gal gets slapped, every time he opens his mouth.
>>
Kamille was an impulsive, autistic idiot who constantly insulted and antagonized people. Of course he was gotta get five across the eyes a lot.
>>
File: 1480982669705.gif (1008KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
1480982669705.gif
1008KB, 500x326px
>>15082757
come on its common knowledge if someone is being a bitch you gotta slap the bitchness outta them hence why its called the bitch slap.
>>
>We're
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_kFgOWyez0
>>
>>15083318
Spellcheck.
>>
Tomino anime is full of face-slapping because Tomino doesn't know what a human being is.
>>
>>15083297
>hence why its called the bitch slap.
No sir, this is not a bitch slap, this here is a Bright slap.
>>
>>15083404
Yeah, I'm 10 episodes into zeta, and I have seen more slaps here, than in a Spanish sope opera.

I wonder, should I start a drinking game?
>>
>>15082757
>this poor gal
What the hell happened to camille? He started out as a fun character, but he has been the most unlikable jerk for a while now.
>>
>>15083412
Depends. Do you intend to survive Zeta?

It's actually a dramatic reversal and significant pivot point for character development when Kamille slaps somebody else for a change.
>>
>>15083415
No worries, he'll mellow out eventually, somewhat.

>>15083404
You'd think Sunrise would have given him more shows not involving Earth, since L-Gaim technically had a cast full of aliens (Xabungle doesn't quite count, for plot reasons).
>>
>>15083155
Kamille was a free man, he doesn't care about the opinions of others, his independence is a sign of maturity.
>>
>>15083297
>tfw Bright won't ever bitch slap you
>>
I decided to test this meme with episode 9.

Hory shitto.

Like okay I can see someone slapping him if he whines, but Kamille just went "Okay" when he was told to go the meeting and then immediately after got slapped- As if he had answered with "No FUCK YOU."

And then there's this purple suit guy who just...fucking goes to town on him.
>>
>>15082757
>Emma
soft hair
>>
>>15083404

This. His shows are as fucked up as he is mentally.
>>
>>15083779
Its meant to reflect that he's not being respectful as adults think he should be, I know my dad got angry when I would respond with ok, not to the point of hitting me, but would angrily tell me its more respectful to answer with yes sir
>>
>>15083479
Man I know she wanted Bright to commit adultery but she didn't deserve to die
>>
>>15083779

He got slapped because he complained about not being in the military and said he didn't have to follow orders.

Then he got beat up because he held up an important meeting about an urgent situation because he thought what he was doing was more important.
>>
>>15083325
The squeaky shoes get me every time.
>>
>>15083779

Its important to remember that in Japanese, HOW you speak is as important as what you say.

Their equivalent of calling someone out as a bastard is to just say 'you' really aggressively. Talking to your boss is basically speaking a different language than talking to your friend or subordinate. Us the wrong language speaking to a superior will probably get you fired for being incredibly disrespectful, and talking like the boss to your equals makes you look like an asshole.

Kamille is being a little shit in ways that don't easily translate.
>>
>>15083896

Pretty much this. It's hard to directly translate, but Kamille's "okay" probably came off more like an "ugh, fine" instead of a "yes ma'am."

Same with the guy in purple. As he's asking the guy why he's beating him up, Kamille's tone is of a whiny, disrespectful brat. Less "why are you doing this, I don't understand" and more "what the hell is your problem, asshole." Again, it's hard to accurately portray in English and get the same tone and meaning.
>>
>>15083814
>>15083896
>>15083920
Of course, none of this means it's normal for people to regularly attack him physically, and for that suit in particular to beat the living shit out of him.

This is NOT how normal people - Japanese or otherwise - behave.
>>
>>15083447

Even char had to sacrifice freedom for his goals. Would you say kamille was more mature than char? (I don't know yet and don't answer this cause I haven't finished zeta yet.)
>>
>>15083325
just finished zeta and holy balls my sides are aboard the jupitris bound for jupiter oh my
>>
>>15084354

Yeah, it is as if a war that killed off half of humanity affected people's personalities and social behavior in negative ways, strange.
>>
>>15084354

Correct.

Its often been said that Tomino's weird-ass writing comes from the fact that he writes like he is writing japanese stage plays. So everything is super dramatic, people go on long-winded monologues about their past and motivations rather than simply showing them, and everyone talks in a weird and stilted way. I could see the slaps being a part of that, because theater is full of very physical displays of emotion because subtlety doesn't reach the back row very well.
>>
>>15084468
With this writing I wonder why UC faggots hold his stuff up as the best shit ever though. It's honestly laughable, his dialogue is so bad it's unreal, only Nagai beats him.
>>
>>15082757
Admit it, if you hung out with Kamille long enough you'd find plenty of times that you just want to slap him for some stupid thing he said.
>>
>>15084478

Nostalgia, and buying into the hype that Gundam is good.
>>
>>15084515
>and buying into the hype that Gundam is good.

It makes it impossible to honestly critique Gundam. A few days ago there was a thread asking what people wanted to see in the next Gundam series after IBO, literally half the thread outright said they want a UC clone.

Because Tomino/UC Gundam is the best and you're not allowed to question that.
>>
>>15084657

The problem is that Gundam, by right of being Gundam, gets afforded a lot more leeway than most shows do.

Judged on their own merits, the 'great' gundam shows usually clock in as merely okay by average mecha standards, and the rest are usually deeply flawed.

I think War in the Pocket might be the one truly good Gundam Show, because while it has a simple story it tells it well and most importantly it successfully delivers the message that every single other Gundam show has consistently failed to make give any impact. Al crying over Bernie's death 5 feet away from his class mates, who don't know shit, that are still openly talking about how awesome mobilesuits are is the best ending any Gundam show has ever had.

Even 8th MS team requires you to give generous allowances when it comes to motivation and characterization to grease the wheels of the plot, and the entire final episode is downright baffling in how anyone thought this was a proper end to a show.
>>
>>15084918
Tbh, I can without a second thought say that 0079 is legitimately good on its own merit. It's not like future instalments actually explain Newtypes and space magic.
>>
>>15084923

0079 is one of the better Gundams, definitely. But that's a blessing and a curse.

0079 was pretty good for its time and broke some new ground, but because it was the first it hadn't figured out what it was doing yet so it made some missteps. Most of its flaws came from the shit the comes with being a toy commercial, like the white base kids and the toyetic design mobile armors of the week that are only in the show to pad the length and push toys. The storyline is okay, but if we are being honest nothing shocking (Amuro is a pretty standard heroes journey, Char is the classic Black Prince revenge story, etc) and the inclusion of Newtypes the way it was handled sort of comes off as them running out of ideas and having recently rewatched Star Wars.

But none of this makes 0079 BAD, just not perfect.

The problem was that Zeta took this fairly successful ball and establish that it was okay to not really change the story all that much. Newtype kid like Amuro but slightly different, new Gundam like the original but slightly different, Earth vs Colony conflict round 2. Bring back most of the same characters, even.

This did IRREPAIRABLE damage to the franchise. Because it established that they were allowed to stick to formula, and the fans didn't really need them to go beyond it. By the time Sunrise realized the creative hole they had dug for themselves, they were already 8 shows deep in it and otaku were actively rejecting any Gundam show that didn't follow the formula close enough. War is hell, kid falls into the cockpit of something that is always called a Gundam with some not-psychic power, masked rival in what is usually a red robot. Earth vs Space conflict backdrop.

90+% of Gundam shows fall into that mold, and the remaining 10% didn't sell.
>>
>>15084657
>Because Tomino/UC Gundam is the best and you're not allowed to question that.
Honestly, I love UC. I got into gundam this year, and I watched all of UC in the chronological order (origin > movie 1 > 08th ms team > movie 2 > thunderbolt > war in pocket > movie 3 > stardust memories > zeta > CCA > unicorn). It was a really fun ride, and it almost felt like watching a lesser LOGH. About 100 episodes, with a continuous story and recurring characters. I didn't even watch it for the mechas/fun/action, but for the war drama. UC is the only one that delivers all the good stuff. I tried some AU shows, but they just didn't have the same greatness to them.
>>
>>15085207
>chronological order

Be prepared to be burned by the Cult of Production Order Only (POO).

Because God forbid somebody wants to try the wild ride that is chronological UC.

Also

>movies but not series
>Thunderbolt
>no ZZ
>no Victory
>"all of UC"
>>
>>15085215

Also

>no F91
>>
>>15085215
It's too late now, I got a wonderful expirience, and POO can't ruin that.
>movies but not the series
Yes, I was told that the movies are the real deal, not the show.
>thunderbolt
What's wrong with that? Also, I watched december sky.
>no ZZ/Victory/f91
I was told that both are not worth watching, because they are either bad, or unimportant.
I might watch ZZ one day tho.
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (45KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
45KB, 720x480px
>>15083479
>Bright won't ever bitch slap you
Consider it a compliment. People only get Brightslapped when they're acting like enough of a punk-ass bitch to deserve it.
>>
File: 1469174883581.png (35KB, 645x552px) Image search: [Google]
1469174883581.png
35KB, 645x552px
>>15085231
The movies are the real deal, honestly. There's a reason the original series wasn't well-received if you ask me.

Also, I wouldn't discount something just because somebody else said it was bad. Personally, I couldn't watch ZZ because I couldn't stomach the tone whiplash - the beginning of the series is a comedy, while the end of Zeta is pretty dark. That's not to say it's bad, just that I couldn't enjoy it at the time - I might try again soon.

Victory is sort of necessary to appreciating Unicorn. Unicorn's entire ending is "We don't know if we're going to make the future anybody - maybe we won't accomplish anything, but at least we have to try." It would be a somber way to end the timeline IF that was where it ended, but F91 follows some decades later and is a very fast and very brutal start to a new war with a new faction, leading to Victory. Unicorn was made with the understanding that F91/Victory follow it - it changes the meaning of Unicorn compared to having it be the capstone of the timeline.

Also F91 fucking rocks - lots of people shit on it, but I get the feeling it's more frustration about what F91 could have been. It was originally going to be a whole series, but kept getting chopped down until it was just a movie. Obviously some aspects of the story weren't properly handled in the downsizing, but I think people overplay its problems.

Honestly, /m/ tends to get super frustrated with a product that doesn't live up to hype/expectations. A lot of us lose the ability to analyze it critically and just sort of resent it for not being everything it could be. Just look at Valvrave - a show that had a lot of high expectations and failed to meet just about all of them, but still is nowhere near deserving of the shit-storm is caused on /m/. It's bad, but not as bad as Valvrager pretends it is.

>tfw you realize Valvrager actually just put unrealistic expectations on Valvrave and just can't take the pain of knowing his god was a mortal all along
>>
>>15085294
F91 always just bored me. I've tried watching it 3 times and never made it more than half way through. Which is a shame because the animation is absolutely top notch.
>>
File: 1476048415360.gif (321KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1476048415360.gif
321KB, 400x300px
>>15085301
How dare you have a different opinion from me on an old cartoon movie about giant samurai robots fighting laser buzzsaws and Mecha-Biollante.

How.

Dare.

You.
>>
>>15085294
>>>15085231 (You) #
>The movies are the real deal, honestly. There's a reason the original series wasn't well-received if you ask me.
How different are the movies and the series? Do they have different endings or something?
>>
>>15085458
Both versions tell the same story, but the movies convey it much more effectively. The movies trim out all (or most) of the fat while also expanding on the end if I recall.

The original Gundam just works better as three 90 minute movies than as a complete series in my opinion.
>>
>>15083819
fuck you for spoiling me you retarded nigger
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.