[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How gay/pro lgbt is turn A gundam? I mean, I want to watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
How gay/pro lgbt is turn A gundam?

I mean, I want to watch it, but shit like this causes some concern.
>>
Liking Laura is totally not gay, ok.
>>
There's nothing gay about wanting to fuck Loran.
>>
the guy who came up with the female name that lead to the crossdressing because they couldn't be fucked to correct it turns out to be a main villain in the end. he loses the power struggle when the good guys put an end to the war, but he lives and essentially goes unpunished. we last see him on a boat headed for another country in a shitty disguise
>>
Loran crossdresses twice on order for a total of about 10 minutes and that's about it. Trap fans just blow the hell out of it.
>>
>>15082707
Good. I'm gonna check it out. It's reputation precedes it, so it better live up to the hype.
>>
>>15082686
>>15082695
>>15082696
>>15082699
>>15082707
You all do know it was Tomino's way of screwing with Sunrise for being denied a female lead character.
Imagine what it would have been like had Tomino got his way?
>>
>>15082904

You do know that's a rumor with no substantial basis right? Even the earliest drawings of Loran look masculine, more masculine than what we got in the show really. No-one in the know has ever commented on it. It's just based on what fans want, not any kind of staff comment. It's about as valid "Gyunei was totally meant to be Kamille".
>>
>>15082686
>How gay/pro lgbt is turn A gundam?
It really isn't; the closest thing to a gay person (and not really even that close) is both evil by the end and kind of dumb.
>but shit like this causes some concern
Why do you even care?
>>
Why do you have concern
>>
Crossdressing is a Japanese tradition. Watch more anime, /pol/.
>>
>>15082917

I wouldn't say Guin is evil. He's probably one of Tomino's more morally grey villains really. He's also definitely gay, but no-one calls him out on it till the finale and it's not intrusive at any point. He just never shows any emotional or physical interest in any woman despite one quite nearly throwing herself at him and being his closest ally for much of the show, but making several pleas for "Laura" to join him, even though he gains nothing even if Loran joins him since he already has the Turn-A.
>>
File: m-recommendations.jpg (2MB, 1648x5208px) Image search: [Google]
m-recommendations.jpg
2MB, 1648x5208px
>>15082686
>How gay/pro lgbt is /m/echa in general?
Fixed that for you.
>>
File: Loran_Consept.jpg (722KB, 2743x3224px) Image search: [Google]
Loran_Consept.jpg
722KB, 2743x3224px
>>15082904
Why do people keep saying that?
>>
>>15082958
Seems she's quite the tomboy :)
>>
>>15082912
Now that would have been an interesting movie.
>>
File: Loran Facepalm.jpg (31KB, 316x319px) Image search: [Google]
Loran Facepalm.jpg
31KB, 316x319px
>>15082934
>Guin
>Throwing his lot in with Gym
>morally grey
>>
>>15083046

> allies with Gym
> spends a lot of the remaining 6 or so episodes trying to restrain Gym
> allying with someone is equivalent to being the same as them
>>
>>15082686
Not particularly. Loran only crossdresses in the one episode. There is a general trend of referring to him by a feminine name, though, driven largely by Guin being a closeted homosexual. It's fairly clear that Guin has to recontextualize Loran as counting as female so that he can accept his attraction for another man. But aside from Guin lusting after Loran, it's not a big thing in the plot. LGBT issues are not a theme that Turn A Gundam is addressing.
>>
>shit like this causes some concern

Someone's insecure about their sexuality.
>>
File: Guin tells it how it is.jpg (85KB, 652x446px) Image search: [Google]
Guin tells it how it is.jpg
85KB, 652x446px
>ho/m/o thread about Turn A
>No Guin reaction images
Ah shit, where's PHG when you need him.
Now I have to post this all by myself.
>>
Guin was gay as fuck and fell for Loran almost immediately. At first you think he's calling the kid "Laura" because he misheard the name. It spreads to the moon people, so they think the Turn A's pilot is some woman named Laura, which is how the crossdressing thing happened. Then Guin keeps calling him "Laura" long after that.

Then you realize Guin is attracted to Loran and kept calling him "Laura" because he was in denial about his faggotry, so projected "Laura" (the gussied up woman) onto Loran (the slightly feminine teenage boy) to reconcile that.
>>
>>15082686
It shoulda been gayer desu
>>
>>15083142

I think he cross dresses twice, not once. It's still only for a few minutes total though.
>>
>>15082686
Dont worry about it. He only does that in one episode and that's it.
>>
>>15082904
>Kihel/Diana pseudo-twincest (doppelcest?)
Absolutely delicious
>>
>>15082686
the story was tomino wanted female mc.
boss said no.
>>
>>15083357

The story was that fans made this up. Frankly, I'd think that the fact Dianna, Kihel and Sochie have almost as much importance as Loran and develop more as well as do more to move the plot throughout the show would serve as more proof that he wanted a female MC than Loran's designs if you were really looking to spread that rumor.
>>
>>15082686
>oh noooes da gheys!!!!
>I'm concerned!!!!!
Op, you are just a closeted sissyfag. Get on craigslist already, faggot.
>>
if you're not at least a little ho/m/o this isn't the genre for you, op
>>
>>15082686
If a show being pro-gay concerns you, there's no helping your autism.
>>
>>15082958
That short hair and sweater makes him look like a brown Shinji.
Yes, I fucking know about Nadia. Fuck off.
>>
>>15083728
This basically, /m/ shows are usually breddy homoerotic.
>>
>>15082686
>this causes some concern.
You'll see that seeing gays in fiction will cause you a lot less "concern" once you come out of the closet, OP.
>>
>>15082686

Jesus Christ OP go back to /pol/ or hurry up and suck a fat cock and come out of the closet. If the gays concern you that much then /m/ is not for you.
>>
>>15082695
Guin stop posting.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.