[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /m/ play card games? I ask because I got back into Vanguard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

File: TD12-001_(Sample).jpg (81KB, 350x510px) Image search: [Google]
TD12-001_(Sample).jpg
81KB, 350x510px
Does /m/ play card games?

I ask because I got back into Vanguard recently and noticed it's /m/ as fuck.
>>
>>15081925
Vanguard is neato.

Rogue-as-fuck player here, Dudley and Rex.
>>
File: 1453751088002.png (354KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1453751088002.png
354KB, 600x450px
>>15082040
I just finished my DRobo deck

>tfw Break Ride hits just right
>>
File: blogger-image-443151433.jpg (105KB, 335x480px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-443151433.jpg
105KB, 335x480px
>>15081925
Id be lying to myself if i legitimately believe that nova would be relevant again.
I just want victor to be good so i dont feel regret for buying all these fucking meteokaisers.
>>
>>15082300
Blau Grade 4 soon though.
>>
>>15081925
got into Vanguard exactly for them... sadly here in Italy we just started in April and are at booster-fucking-4, next month we get Twin Swords Awakening.
>>
>>15082549
>bt05
Oh boi nigga.
If youre a metafag invest in blasterblades for if you can wait 20 years for gbt09 support.
Otherwise invest in overlord the end since its hella relevant till early g era
>>
>>15082565
Good to know, than you.
I haven't actually started to build my deck, yet, and I generally don't bother with "meta" and all, just playing for fun with cards and tactics I like, but I know a couple people who'll appreciate.
>>
Keep the Blaster Blades, Luquiers and Alices for thousands of sheckels to be spent on /m/ development in the future. Also hoard Commander Laurels for great justice.
>>
>>15082572
Honestly up till the legion era its just 10k/12k rearguard beatsticks with vanguard gimmicks.
The powercreep is the worst between breakride and legion.
Stride era in the beginning is wonky till everyone gets their support/g guardians and the crazy fun combos start happening everywhere.
Also, dont invest in shadowpaladins till revengers come out.
>>
>>15082580
...I basically understood only your last line.

>>15082578
thanks
>>
>>15082586
Basically boosters 6 to 9 is limit break where theres no truly prevalent decks(overlords and blaster blade/dark was temporarily banned during this period), 10 to 15 is break ride(revengers were meta, then chaos breaker dragon, then the grade 4 variant of kagero), 16 and 17 are legion(novas, revengers+royal paladin legion, genesis, gold paladins), after that is stride.
>>
>>15082592
Eh, we get BT5 next month, good to know we'll have three boosters with no main meta
>>
>>15082615
Hoard some Majesty Lord Blasters and Dragonic Overlord the Ends. The former still has a niche following to this day and the The End won't be obsolete until the introduction of the G-Guardians. Overlord the Ends also fetch for some sweet vanguard cash.
>>
>>15082679
Good to know. thanks
>>
File: 1481546312870.png (692KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
1481546312870.png
692KB, 567x567px
I play Yugioh online.

Not really that good of a player yet though.
>>
>>15081925
I wanted to like Vanguard because the art and designs was amazing, but it is one of the most luck based care games I've ever seen. You can just instant win from draws, more so than any other card game.

I played Yu-Gi-Oh for ages but I fucking hate the state of the meta and haven't played in several months. With the new anime the will likely be ANOTHER summon method and considering how broken pendulum summoning is I can only imagine how much a new one will break the game.
>>
>>15082868
>pendulum
>broken
>>
>>15082870
Do you not remember Pepe? It's an innately broken summoning method that anything which can take full advantage of will be a top tier if not broken deck. It's just not as braindead in it's execution as XYZ which was the beginning of putting in no effort but getting massive results.
>>
I used to like cardgames as a kid but I developed social anxiety and also the even worse crippling disease of no cash so I can't really go to a shop and get into them anymore.

I play Shadowverse online though. It's like Hearthstone but with cute anime girls and a more back-and-forth, exciting mood. Also slightly less bullshit.
>>
File: file.png (317KB, 300x440px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
317KB, 300x440px
I play Yu-Gi-Oh on and off

Been playing Wind-Ups lately, HERO will always be my favorites though
>>
>>15082910
>Been playing Wind-Ups lately
Is it 2010 where you live?
>>
>>15082924
no it's 2013
>>
>>15082868
Pendulum is fucking shit man. if anything is broken, it's synchro
>>
>>15082931
My mistake I associate them with the release of XYZ but they really hit their stride 2-3 years later. Didn't the loop get banned in 2012 though?

>>15082937
When was the last time you played this game? And synchro inherently cannot be described as more broken than XYZ because XYZ are synchro without needing designated tuners and usually have much more powerful effects since they have limited uses.
>>
been playing demise inzektors surprisingly capable still
>>
File: SD32-X02.jpg (472KB, 814x1186px) Image search: [Google]
SD32-X02.jpg
472KB, 814x1186px
Never see it mentioned in threads but I really like some of the mech design in Battle Spirits.
>>
I do, though I know I shouldn't since they contributed greaty to the death of good /m/ shows.
>>
>>15082615
>good to know we'll have three boosters with no main meta
The end and majesty lord blaster is the main meta that couldve easily persisted without trouble in the LB era.
>>
I used to Vanguard, but my local scene was essentially me and one other guy. Now I just Pokémon.
>>
File: G-CHB02-006-RRR_(Sample).png (464KB, 348x508px) Image search: [Google]
G-CHB02-006-RRR_(Sample).png
464KB, 348x508px
You think they just tie obari to a chair sometimes to design shit for them?
>>
File: G-FC01-016EN-RRR.png (1MB, 544x800px) Image search: [Google]
G-FC01-016EN-RRR.png
1MB, 544x800px
I play the 3ds vanguard games.
Dimension Police is fucking broken.
>>
>>15082868
To me, the whole "vanguard is the most luck based" meme is the sign of a bad player. I've literally only heard that out of salty newcomers that try to excuse their losses before going back to whatever card game they came from.

Most TCG's already have an element of chance just due to being decks of cards you shuffle. It is possible for a wild trigger to pop out and completely swing things around, but it's the same odds for everyone.

That's why you learn to plan and play around it. You know each deck only has 16 triggers. Pay attention to what your opponent plays and their drive checks.
>>
>>15086603
>To me, the whole "vanguard is the most luck based" meme is the sign of a bad player. I've literally only heard that out of salty newcomers that try to excuse their losses before going back to whatever card game they came from.

Maybe he just went against a Daikaiser laurel deck and was raped to high hell
>>
File: ABCDragonBuster-SDKS-EN-UR-1E.png (881KB, 477x695px) Image search: [Google]
ABCDragonBuster-SDKS-EN-UR-1E.png
881KB, 477x695px
Now if only they'd release the Getter Roids from the GX manga and make them good.
>>
>>15086850
>mfw the computer lets a break ridden 3 crit great daiyusha through when I have laurel+3 rear guards when he's at 2 damage
>check a crit
>he gets a last minute heal but it doesn't matter because laurel restood the now 4 crit massive vanguard
>metalborgs prevent opponents from blocking with PGs while being able to consistently swing for 30K
>every single subclan can get to huge as fuck power.
Dimension Police was a mistake.
>>
There might a /tg/ vs /vg/ tournament. You guys should join.
>>
>>15082549
>only on booster 5 next month
Nigga you can check the archives and be prepared for what decks are going to be the best way ahead of time.
Pick up 4 commander laurels immediately if you haven't. And maybe even more for trade fodder because that fucker's price will spike in a few years.
>>
>>15086603
>>15086850
Actually no, I only played it a handful of times when it was brand new and win every time. I didn't put any effort in and I would just suddenly top deck an ending turn, I felt really uninvolved in the game.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.