[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well you got your wish "Gee Wonners". You got a bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 14

File: transformers devestation.png (272KB, 493x418px) Image search: [Google]
transformers devestation.png
272KB, 493x418px
Well you got your wish "Gee Wonners". You got a bit of media that does nothing but pander to you. G1 designs, same voice actors (aside those who died), same composer as the 1986 movie.

And for the sales? Completely mediocre. You guys have no one to blame but yourself for the lack of G1 content. You guys keep proving that you're not a big enough democraphic to pander to. This was probably the last chance at any kind of multi-million G1 production.

I'm really upset there's no sequel or DLC expansion. Would have loved to play as the Decpticons in a campaign.
>>
>>15080325

Not a G1er, barely even a Transformers fan, but I didn't buy it mostly because the enemies and area design in the trailer looked suspiciously identical, making the game look like it had about 10 different designs and would only last an hour or two. Chat from people who've played it make that sound right.
>>
>>15080328

It was a little short, but it was on sale for like 10 dollars for a MONTH. Ten dollars. That's the price of a small lunch. That's the perfect price for it.
>>
>>15080328

It's basically Bayonetta with a Transformers skin and a little simplified. Worth it if you like that kind of 3D action game.
>>
>>15080332

It was on sale on PC/Steam. Even if I had a PC I felt could comfortably run it I'd still prefer to play it on console, since it's just more comfortable to do so on a bigger screen. If I see it going cheap I'll nab it, like the Korra game.

>>15080334

I doubt it, if only because I doubt it has the breatdth of locations and enemies Bayonetta had. It's unlikely to have the sheer idiotic over designed sexuality of Bayonetta either. If it's bosses felt as fun though it'd be nice.
>>
>>15080325
Sorry dude, but i'm from the "Monkey not Trukk" generation.
>>
How did this game sell OVERALL, for all systems? I assume DMC-style action games are more of a consolefag staple than a PC mustard kart racer one.
>>
>>15080343

I think it's free for PSN+ users. Or it was for a while.
>>
>>15080349

I liked Beast Wars itself because of the characters, drama and writing. It was cool to have a show with a lot of continuity. But I still prefer vehicles to animals. Also the Trans-metal designs are a step down from the original animal designs.
>>
>>15080343
>It's unlikely to have the sheer idiotic over designed sexuality of Bayonetta either.
I WROTE A BLOG POST ABOUT THIS.
>>
>>15080360
The 90s CG TV show visuals also aged pretty badly. People were too concerned with how new and shiny 3D looked to worry much about aesthetics.
>>
>>15080343
>the sheer idiotic over designed sexuality of Bayonetta
>over designed
Stop using this retarded cancerous term that means nothing 90% of the time it's used
>>
>>15080378

Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy the over designed sexuality. That doesn't mean it isn't there though.
>>
>>15080325
this. pokemon sells millions thanks to pandering to genwunners with a bunch of incompetent developers while transformers does the exact same shit with actually component developers but fails to sell well.
>>
>>15080382

The actual character models are fine. But I do agree that the environments can be pretty shitty looking.
>>
File: lolwhat.png (782KB, 951x531px) Image search: [Google]
lolwhat.png
782KB, 951x531px
>>15080388
Watching random parts on Youtube now, some of the robots look pretty good but the animals are hilariously aged and look like something out of one of those bizarre ironically-made (or made by actual mentally ill people) 3D animated Youtube videos.

I guess the reason is that the animals don't really have designs and are just an antiquated attempt to model a semi-realistic animal but the robots do have designs.
>>
File: 300px-Megatronbwspidersgame.jpg (22KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Megatronbwspidersgame.jpg
22KB, 300x228px
>>15080401
Megatron actually looks pretty cool given the budget & technology of the time; but oh god that transformation animation what the hell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87czytavZ74#t=6m8s

None of this looked particularly silly in the 90s but it feels so weird in retrospect
>>
>>15080401

Wonder if that's why they went with Transmetals because they couldn't quite pull off fully organic creatures?
>>
>>15080414
Understandable, given that Mainframe (now Rainmaker) previously made a show set within a computer before this.
>>
I remember Beast Wars they said that the high Energon levels on Earth overwelms their systems, so they needed a more protected mode. So they went with earth animals... for some reason.

Is there any such excuse for the alt-modes for G1? They didn't seem to be affected by large amounts of Energon at all (they'd handle it and stack it with no problems). And do the G1 have Alt-modes on Cybertron?
>>
Transformers Devestation is "free" on PSN+ btw.
>>
>>15080325
>Graphics look good for all about 10m, after that, you noticed problems
>Same enemies all over the place
>repeated everything in the game (enemies, areas, designs, etc)
>combat even gets repetitive
>the game is completed in about an hour and a half to two and a half hours
>the only replay value is in harder difficulty
>has the absolute balls to charge 50$ at launch

Dont kid yourself. Publishers rarely look at the 'long term' unless its a long term investment game (ie, mmos, etc) or has a history of long term sales (hl series and its spinoffs, RTS's like starcraft, warcraft and the earlier C&C's, games with extreme multiplayer bases like CoD or BF1) and focus solely on the first few weeks and maybe the first month and a half as a total. If the first week sales are lower than expectations by any margin, they start to worry.

If its off by 1-15%, they start to look at feedback, other released games (for excused/reasons) and continue to watch sales for a few more weeks.
If its 16-20% with no history behind it (previous titles, etc) they write it off unless proven otherwise
Anything above 20% is instantly a dud. It could EVENTUALLY sell 5 million units and they wont care. You will never see a sequel .
>>
>>15080432
So that they can blend in with humanity to fight the war and not worry them as much
>>
>>15080442

Do Cybertronians on Cybertron have Alt-Modes? Or is it only on Earth?
>>
File: 220px-Cybertronsoundwave.jpg (8KB, 220x172px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Cybertronsoundwave.jpg
8KB, 220x172px
>>15080446
Yes. For example, Soundwave was a lamp.
>>
>>15080449

Are you serious or just joking on bad animation?
>>
File: file.png (184KB, 1667x239px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
184KB, 1667x239px
>>15080451
I've never been more serious in my life.
>>
File: Bumblebee-CyberToon.jpg (24KB, 331x225px) Image search: [Google]
Bumblebee-CyberToon.jpg
24KB, 331x225px
If you want a non-Soundwave example then here's Bumblebee's Cybertron altmode
>>
>length = quality
>amount of content = quality
Nice meme.
Game should have launched at $40 though.
>>
>>15080454
iirc the TF Universe bios that Marvel did had some Cybertron modes too, like I think Wheeljack was a spacecar like how Kup was a spacetruck
>>
>>15080457

> quantity is not a quality

Nice meme.
>>
>>15080325
Eh, I liked the game. I mean I suck at vidya so it took me a while to beat it but I enjoyed it a lot. Great music, fun, punchy gameplay, pretty good voicework, a cool graphical style...I dunno, I thought it was cool. But then I adore basically everything Platinum does.
>>
>>15080483
I'd rather Star Fox 64 over and over again for the rest of my life than force myself to slog through the entirety Assassin's Creed II again. Some modern games have actually managed to hurt themselves by being too long.
>>
>>15080457
Game should have been 25-30$.
It would have sold like hotcakes.
>>
>>15080492

Wow, you've worked out that too much of one quality above any others is a bad thing. What a stunning revelation. That does not mean that quantity has no value of its own.
>>
Whatever happened to the WfC and FpC games universe? Are we never going to see what happened after Fall?
>>
>>15080512

I think the Prime cartoon was supposed to be a continuation of them. Not that it seems like a good one, but that's what you're getting by the looks of it.
>>
>>15080512
Probably not because High Moon went bankrupt.
>>
>>15080325
Meanwhile the fitfh bayformer movie is about to come out and there are 2 more in the making right now.

Geewunners' tears are just delicious
>>
>>15080510
No one's saying that more of a good thing is bad. The problem is "critical gamers" tend to react in a stupid way to games that are a purely video gamey experience and focus on densely packing in good mechanics and having no filler inbetween.

Idiots will even say an arcade game with an insanely high skill ceiling that people are raising more and more every day has "no replay value" after you've credit-spammed through the whole thing once.

I don't even know if this game is any good as I can't afford to play it but that's the real issue being brought up whenever people complain about "muh length, muh bang for my buck" comments.
>>
>>15080387
>>15080387
>pokemon sells millions thanks to pandering to genwunners
It was only one game anon. I also hated it but dont exagerate it.
>>
>>15080526

Yea, no, not really. People measure the replay value by what they get out of it, including in high skill games. Just because someone doesn't like tat style of game and only wants to play them once, rather than multiple times to garner everything doesn't actually mean they only take start to finish time and nothing else in to consideration.

The same people often like RPGs where replay cam be done using different classes and skillets, or action games with superficially different plots really just presented through vaguely different dialogue for instance. Yes I realise those don't have a high skill ceiling. The point is people like replay, a lot of the people who do just don't care for replay where the main difference in only in difficulty.
>>
>>15080536
It was a fucking sensation for a while though.

It's an issue of 90s nostalgia overtaking 80s nostalgia though.
>>
>>15080539
>doesn't actually mean they only take start to finish time and nothing else in to consideration.
First of all, I've read a ton of reviews specifically to understand how people feel about games and how they grasp their design and I've seen tons of user reviewers & professional critics that don't even consider things like combo systems and scoring in games.

Second, there's a huge difference between "this game has no replay value" and "this game's replay value doesn't appeal to me" (why didn't you research what kind of game it was before buying?).
>>
>>15080325
Isn't this just Steam sales? Everyone I know played it on PS4.
>>
If I like G1 stuff the most but wasn't born in the era, does that still make me a GeeWonner?
>>
>>15080668

yes
>>
This game is on consoles too
>>
>>15080325
G1 is the worst Transformers franchise, and I still bought this game because it's fucking amazing.

Activision didn't let go of the license like they did for Spider-Man and TMNT this year- so they must still have plans, so the sequel isn't deconfirmed yet.
>>
>>15080332
Fuck it was free on PS4 for awhile.

Only reason I have it desu, it was neat, but honestly would of never paid for it.
>>
>>15080325
I don't play videogames.
>>
>>15080520
G1 fan, love the movies, so I'm pretty happy!
>>
>>15080668
>GeeWonner
I'm seeing this term pop up more and more. What is it about this label that makes people so desperate to avoid it? I saw people pretend that the new Bionicle show was godlike, just because they didn't want to be like "geewonners" and "stifle new shows". Is it more than just a Transformers thing?
>>
>>15080325
Does /m/ even give a shit about Transformers?
>>
>>15080343
>sheer idiotic over designed sexuality of Bayonetta either.
Goddamn I fucking love Bayonetta. I wish I could play the sequel without having to buy a system I don't really want.
>>
>>15081279

You might be able to play it on Switch. That's my hope at least, since I loved the first one too.
>>
>>15081271
There are threads, on occasion. This was the only place to talk about Transformers GO!, until the show turned out to be lame.
>>
>>15081285
Oh that's right. Here's hoping, because I'm far more interested in the switch than any of the wiis. They said GameCube games right?
>>
>>15080325
>And for the sales? Completely mediocre.

Considering that the game was made by platinum on a shoestring budget and steam usually has shittier sales numbers than consoles(for those kinds of games anyways) they probably made out okay
>>
>>15080514
Hasbro was doing the whole aligned continuity thing with those games and the prime show, not sure where things stand now since RID and that darkspark game happened
>>
>>15081279
>>15081285
There's always emulation that is getting closer every month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5DjIHdQMic
>>
>>15080547

> Second, there's a huge difference between "this game has no replay value" and "this game's replay value doesn't appeal to me"

If you don't get value from a game on replay then chances are you can't see any value in it's, even for others, because it's generally hard to infer the existence of things you can't see. Like, if I'm playing a bullet hell game that rewards multiple replays, but I get bored part way through the second one and never find out that it has new weapons and ship models or whatever after that point then how am I supposed to differentiate between "I don't see any replay value" and "there's no replay that I like but still some others may enjoy"? Do I just assume it has it even though I haven't seen it?

> why didn't you research what kind of game it was before buying?

Critics don't get to pick and choose what games they get by and large, and have to review things of all stripes regardless of their feeling on them. Reviewers aren't professionally under such restrictions, but a lot of them are trying to be critics and operate under some of the same restrictions even if they're not bound by them.
>>
So which transformers series are actually worth a damn if I want to dive in deep? I only ever got into cybertron/galaxy force and really liked it.
>>
>>15081588
G1 is goofy 80s camp and often hilarious if you're into that sort of thing.

Beast Wars and Beast Machines are both solid shows in their own rights. Beast Machines has the better animation and the better running narrative, but not a single person in the cast acts anything like they did in Beast Wars save one, who acts like he did in a one-off episode. It's a good show, but a terrible sequel.

Animated gets frequent praise, though it's rather different from most in that it's basically a superhero show a lot of the time. If you like the style, there's a lot to like about it.

I don't know much about Prime, but it got a generally warm reception from what I remember.
>>
>tfw armada is your favorite and star screen is your favorite transformer.
I'll never be pandered to
>>
I don't give a shit about TF, I just like platinum games. This is by far their best licensed game. Damn shame TMNT couldn't have been as good.

Granted I played it on PS4.
>>
>>15081588

I'm >>15081639 and honestly the only one I've seen is Armada. Don't remember if it was good but Starscream was GOAT and I dug Sideways' whole "double agent" thing.
>>
>>15081588
My opinion is:

>God Tier
Beast Wars
>Top Tier
Prime, Animated
>Good Tier
G1, Armada, Rescue Bots, RiD
>Bad Tier
Energon, Cybertron
>Shit Tier
Beast Machines
>>
>>15081270
Yes. Far more than transformers.
>>
>>15081773

not him but I never really hear it used outside of TF and Pokemon.
>>
>>15080325
>2 hours long
>Repeated areas and enemies to a huge extent
>Most characters play the same
>Skill ceiling is incredibly low, which is just one of the factors limiting replay value
It's worth 5 dollars at most.
>>
File: poor_waspinator.jpg (60KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
poor_waspinator.jpg
60KB, 720x576px
>No War/Fall of Cybertron-style Beast Wars prequel game about the theft of the Golden Disk on Cybertron
Maybe not the best way to do it since so many of the characters are still protoforms at that point, but I want muh Beast Wars pandering dammit.
>>
>>15081785

Never understood why length is a complaint. The best games of all time can be beaten in like two hours. And if it's just a price thing then that's industry wide, I mean all the big AAA $60 GOTY candidates every year are lucky to break 8-10 hours generally speaking. It's all about that replay value.
>>
>>15081801
That's why I also mentioned replay value. Combat is easy to master, little variety in enemy encounters, customization is basic, characters are similar, etc. Add that with the short length and it ends up being a really lackluster experience in relation to cost.
>>
>>15081785
It's got the best transformations since the PS2 Armada game, so it's worth at least as much as- oh, wait, that goes for $5 USD now. Yeah, it's worth about 5 bucks.

Man, Platinum was grinding out a lot of middling licensed tie-ins between that Korra game and Star Fox Zero. I hope they don't turn into the next Treasure Co.
>>
File: 6677.jpg (74KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
6677.jpg
74KB, 600x453px
>>15081655
I would honestly rank Beast Machines over Energon and Cybertron. At least BM tried to actually be good even thought it couldn't hold a candle to BW instead of being cringey "LOL SO ANIME XD" bullshit.
>>
File: 955.jpg (36KB, 468x357px) Image search: [Google]
955.jpg
36KB, 468x357px
>tfw no good Beast Wars games
>BW's 20th anniverasary went completely unnoticed
>Hasbro continues to wank G1 while forgetting everything else
>>
>>15082432
What, there was a MP Optimus Primal, MP Cheetor, and 20th anniversary versions of Rattrap, Rhinox, and Waspinator
>>
>>15080349
Aren't most of us?
Between the Beast duology and RiD, Armada really confused kid me when Megatron took a vehicle form
>>
>>15080439
By this logic the deus ex series is over
Newest game just came out and was 18$ physically on Amazon around xmas
>>
>>15081271
Do you lurk before you post? Apparently not
>>
>>15081610
>When you saw Armada first as a kid and got crushed to know Starscreams coward personality in every other show

Still a great character and one of Megs strongest, but not badass, sadly
>>
>>15082432
>>BW's 20th anniverasary went completely unnoticed
Haven't been on /toy/ in two years but isn't there Beast Wars MP figures now?
>>
File: 90s.png (6KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
90s.png
6KB, 294x171px
>>15080325
It actually scored really well, it seems.

Not the G1 fans' fault if non-G1 fans didn't pay money to play it.
>>
>>15080332
>Ten dollars. That's the price of a small lunch.

Only if you're used to regularly paying for overpriced meals or you're hamplanet.
>>
File: regret nothing.jpg (89KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
regret nothing.jpg
89KB, 625x626px
>>15081655
You had me until:
>>Shit Tier
>Beast Machines

Top bait.
>>
>>15080432
By the time the second season of Beat Wars came about, the excess Energon had already been detonated, and the remainder somehow transformed into more stable Energon cubes. So by the time the Auotbots and Decepticons wake up on Earth 4 million years later, it was no longer a problem.

>So they went with Earth animals... for some reason.
Supposedly, the DNA-based shells protected them from the excess Energon. Why? Dunno, that's how they wrote it.

>And do the G1 have Alt-modes on Cybertron?
Yes, but as far they showed, it was mostly vehicle modes.
>>
>>15081588

Transformers The Movie (1986) is a great place to start. Bakabt has a nice 1080p rip.

>>15081639
>Damn shame TMNT couldn't have been as good.

They're a small company and they were making WAY too many projects at once. Some of them, like TMNT got rushed with the B or C teams instead of the top talent.
>>
>>15081598
>I don't know much about Prime, but it got a generally warm reception from what I remember.

I'm still seeing immense love towards Prime. As with any TF show, I know there was a lot of bitching about it, but for the most part the reception was overwhelmingly positive in most corners of the fanbase. At least from what I saw.

I personally didn't like it, in fact the writing pissed me off quite a bit, but I'd still recommend it to newcomers because they might like it just fine.
>>
>>15081776
It's not a big fandom, but as other anon implied, Geewun namecalling was quite frequent in the Bionicle community. Fans who genuinely liked G1 better and gave good reasons for doing so were labeled as a close-minded Geewunners by many other people.

Basically, a lot of fans were sucking Lego's dick, praising mediocrity and antagonizing G1 fans, because they were convinced that only nostalgia-driven dumbfucks could prefer G1 over G2. Which is even more amusing in retrospect, since Bionicle G2 was such a big stinker that Lego canceled it halfway through their intended runtime.
>>
>>15080325

My computer actually cant handle the game but...I didn't especially like the look of this as a G1 fan.

Like I have the actual cartoon and comics off and on, why should I bother with a game that looks kinda lackluster?
>>
>>15082582
I blame Activision for pressuring them. At least it won't be difficult for them to make a good game for Taro Yoko under Square-Enix.
>>
>>15082503
No bait my friend, I just really don't like it.
>>
>>15080325

how much cpu power does this take? i got a laptop.
>>
Soundwave theme Superior
Constructicon theme Inferior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVZa2Rex1XA
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.