[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is best Iron Man and why is it Hulkbuster? https://www.y

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 131
Thread images: 32

File: Hulkbuster.png (692KB, 741x536px) Image search: [Google]
Hulkbuster.png
692KB, 741x536px
Who is best Iron Man and why is it Hulkbuster?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJKpV47RuEw
>>
Hulkbuster is always too little for what he's fighting against. I'd rather have a ton of guns than "big power armor that does silly punches".
>>
File: veronica.jpg (2MB, 1400x1494px) Image search: [Google]
veronica.jpg
2MB, 1400x1494px
>>15074625
I dunno, MCU Hulkbuster was about two times the size of Banner
>>
>>15074625
The concept is that Stark could never actually build anything that could outright beat Hulk. He's done the math and he knows he just can't put out enough damage to defeat an unstoppable magic green monster. The best he can do is attract and hold his attention long enough to force him away from population centers so he can calm down on his own.
>>
File: Screenshot_142[1].png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142[1].png
936KB, 644x644px
>>15074625
>I'd rather have a ton of guns than "big power armor that does silly punches".
>>
File: Hasselhoff - thanx.jpg (121KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
Hasselhoff - thanx.jpg
121KB, 525x700px
>>15074610

Damn. That was really impressive. Thanx for the link!

My one complaint, really, is the same as with all modern action movies:
1. The camera must always be moving. ALWAYS.
2. Everything makes the camera shake. (God forbid the audience actually be able to clearly see what's happening.)
>>
Iron Man is best man
>>
>>15076047
I think shaky cam is done to hide the weaknesses in the CGI.
>>
>>15076499
but war machine rox
>>
File: 1426049877736.jpg (942KB, 1155x1533px) Image search: [Google]
1426049877736.jpg
942KB, 1155x1533px
>>15076047
I liked his Mark Z short better, but I'm a sucker for complex suit-up sequences and I've been wanting the MCU to give us a car gantry for awhile now.

That said, Extremis will always be bae
>>
Do they really have to cause all of that collateral damage?
Sure hulk is a giant raging asshole and he doesn't care, but Tony is throwing cars like he doesn't give a fuck.
>hello insurance company iron man just trashed my car
>>
>a suit on top of a suit
whoa
>>
>>15076914
When you're up against the Hulk it's really not possible to take precautions. It's the Godzilla Threshold, where whatever you do to stop the threat outweighs the damage said threat will do on his own. A few cars being busted up are acceptable losses compared to a city leveled and thousands dead at the hands of the Hulk
>>
File: 1395249335614.jpg (449KB, 655x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1395249335614.jpg
449KB, 655x1107px
Tony has built suits to go up against the Pheonix and even Galactus
Of course they fail, as usual, but still
>>
>>15076923

The Hulk has never killed anyone. He always hits soft enough to ensure he doesn't kill, with Banner's brain doing calculations to ensure his alter ego doesn't do something he doesn't approve of.

Yes, that really was a thing Marvel went with. Not even too long ago. I think it came up around the time of World War Hulk.
>>
If Veronica is for dealing with the black-haired one does he have one named Betty to deal with the blonde?
>>
>>15076929

Ah John Romita Jr. I take it? His art style is fairly unique. It works well for mechanical stuff though. The actual design ain't that great, but his art is pretty good there.
>>
File: Captain Sides.jpg (63KB, 676x720px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Sides.jpg
63KB, 676x720px
>>15076937
>Hero whos gimmick is he looses controll
>But normal him is so smart there's some calculation bullshit that keeps him from hitting things hard enough to kill

That's kind of stupid, unless it took some effort and time for Banner to get to that point.
>>
>>15076937
Yeah, normally. But before Banner ever gained control of the Hulk, it was a very real risk that Hulk would slaughter people. Like in Age of Ultron, where Scarlet Witch made Hulk lose all control. That Hulk would have slaughtered people, not even on purpose, just as a side effect of his rampage.
>>
Why do Tony Stark and Mr. Fantastic insist on developing their own tech when they could just ask Dr. Strange or somebody to help them borrow superior Alien tech?
Western Comics will forever be retarded as long as they insist on shoving all heroes into the same universe
>>
>>15075649
It was also the only time the Hulkbuster ever actually beat the Hulk.
Every other time Tony's tried that it always just gets ripped apart.
>>
>>15077308
>hey pete quill I have a shopping list could you grab these for me and anything else cool?
etc
>>
>terrible sound work, hits don't sound like hits
>even a fanfilm won't let Hulk talk
>>
>>15076940
>MCU Thorbuster
Might be cool.
>>
File: INTIRONMAN_03_SKAN.jpg (166KB, 1596x2258px) Image search: [Google]
INTIRONMAN_03_SKAN.jpg
166KB, 1596x2258px
>>15077308
They have before, when they needed it.

They just usually build their own because their own tech is more advanced (more often than not,anyway.)
>>
>>15076929

Tell me more about this Galactibuster.
>>
>>15076914
Nobody died anyway.
>>
>>15077308
same reason Tony doesn't give iron man suits to the rest of the avengers
>>
>>15074610
>ironman-holdthefuckup.png
>>
>>15075761
>>15074625
>>15077366
>>15076929
The best thing about the fight in AoU was that Robert Downy Jr. did a fantastic job of showing how fucking pants-shittingly scared Tony was during the whole thing.
>>
>>15077723
Y'know, I used to hate that suit, but it's growing on me.

I especially like Sentinel's version of it even though it shamelessly uses parts from their Bleeding Edge figurine.
>>
File: CyBDom_UAAA35gM.jpg (41KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
CyBDom_UAAA35gM.jpg
41KB, 620x620px
>>15079769
I especially like the mask.

That said, Bendis is still horrible and I hope he gets fired from Marvel forever.
>>
>>15079562
I really like Stark's characterization in the movies, he feels the most developed out of all the Avengers.
I suppose that isn't too hard when three of them don't have their own movies, but Thor and Cap just seem bland in comparison. Cap's third movie also might as well just be an avengers movie anyways.
>>
File: 1479937867233.jpg (36KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1479937867233.jpg
36KB, 540x405px
>>15074610
>That face
>>
>Hulkbuster
>Doesn't bust any hulks

Anybody here from /co/?
Did Tony eventually create a suit that could match the Hulk?
>>
File: Iron Acguy.jpg (541KB, 1077x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Acguy.jpg
541KB, 1077x1536px
>>15074610
>Not posting the best Iron Guy
>>
>>15079772
>>15079769
I like the look of this figure but I GUARANTEE the actual item will have that fuck-ugly two-tone red thing Sentinel always does with their Iron Man figures
>>
>>15075649
>bruce's love interest is betty
>bulkbuster is called veronica
pure pottery.
>>
File: mj133sentinelhp-650x475.png (512KB, 650x475px) Image search: [Google]
mj133sentinelhp-650x475.png
512KB, 650x475px
>>15080657
AND I WAS RIGHT
>>
>>15079820

He defeats the Hulk with it the movie though.
>>
>>15076937
True for comics hulk, but also stupid. Like >>15076953 said, Hulk's killed people in the MCU even as of AoU. Remember Thor telling him how his foes were in hell?
>>15076947
Nah. It was... I think Greg Pak who made that shit up. No one else pays attention to it, largely because he did so so that his OC could win an argument with Reed Richards.

>You shouldn't've shot the Hulk into space, he was your friend
>Hulk is too dangerous.
>Nuh-uh. No one's ever died because of Hulk. I figured it out and he's a math genius who plots out every last bit of rubble before making a move

And then Reed doesn't immediately point out that the reason they made the decision to shoot the Hulk into space at that time was because he killed sixty-four people and a dog in a rampage near Vegas.
>>
>>15076940
Nah. Betty is Hulk's love interest from the Norton flick.
>>15077308
Because Reed's tech is better than alien tech.
>>
>>15079820
None of Tony's -buster suits have ever actually worked, except Veronica in the MCU.

The Hulkbusters always get trashed, though he does sometimes achieve his goal of distracting the Hulk.

The Thorbuster got its shit wrecked so bad Tony never tried to build another.

And immediately after he told She-Hulk that every suit he wore was a She-Hulkbuster, she kicked his ass.

Hilariously, he's won a fight with the Hulk in his regular armor and he's shithoused She-Hulk tier villains in regular armor too. I think that, as soon as he designates something as a "buster" suit, it instantly turns into tin foil.
>>
>>15079562
>Hulk spits out a tooth
>smiles
>RDJ "....I'm sorry"
Kek

>>15079787
This. Iron Man was the first movie of the whole movie universe thing, also, RDJ performs much better his character than anyone else in all the movies they have released. I think Cumberbatch also did quite well in the Dr. Strange movie, but it doesn't seems he will be that much of a major player for the next Avengers movie to wrap things up.
Anyways, if they plan to ends this cycle with the next 2 Avengers films, I bet RDJ will be the one to give the closure.

>>15080657
mmm the promo shots made it look really good, especially the face but in >>15080682 looks kinda uguuu.
Glad I didn't preorder it, but I do plan to get that bleeding edge armor restock this month.
>>
>>15079820
How many Hulks could a Hulkbuster bust if a Hulkbuster could bust Hulks?
>>
>>15080913
Just one, from the looks of it.
>>
>>15080918
Each gay fag hero has their quirks and unfortunately with the hulk he has almost limitless stamina and what hes going up against has to be built to last, starky boy is going to need like maybe 2 more suits before that green shit turd is tired.
>>
>>15081154
All these people talking shit without seeing Age of Ultron...
>>
>>15080827

Even if Marvel wanted to retcon those deaths to never happen Reed could point out that it doesn't really matter that he never killed anyone, since that doesn't mean no-one ever died because of his actions, since he could easily cause indirect deaths and even if he was so super smart and capable he never caused any indirect death by gamma magic it still doesn't matter since his rampages cause massive property damage, still traumatically injure people and destroy lives even if they don't end them and terrify the shit out of people. Just because you're not a murderer doesn't mean you're not a danger, and the sheer terror he inspires is reason enough on it's own to sequester him.

Pak's run is good from what I recall, mostly because it made Hulk in to Gamma Conan and gave him an all new supporting cast, plot and even setting for a large chunk of it rather than using the at times sparse ones the Hulk normally has. That bit from Cho was dumb as hell though.
>>
>>15074610
The only good scene of that movie.
>>
>>15081622
yeah, age of ultron felt really underwhelming

I guess the next avengers film will end with them getting BTFO? Thanos at least has to kill Vision for the gem
>>
>>15081637
There was talk of making it a two-parter, but that's changed.
>>
>>15082004
It still more or less is, just the movies are said to have their own unique plots instead of one leading into another two part-style. Both still involve Thanos as the primary villain.
>>
>>15084392
Thanos better not be shit with how much they're teasing him.
>>
>>15081154
Comics hulk has
>Limitless strength
>Near limitless stamina See WW Hulks
>Emits Gama radiation

So inorder to win Iron Man must
>Absorb all the gama radiation
>Be strong enough to hold off Hulk while absorbing
>Have a way to stop banner from re hulking out
>
>>
File: liu-haifan-hulkbuster6.jpg (369KB, 1920x1061px) Image search: [Google]
liu-haifan-hulkbuster6.jpg
369KB, 1920x1061px
>>15081154
>starky boy is going to need like maybe 2 more suits before that green shit turd is tired.
That's more or less what he did with Veronica. He could jettison broken limbs and parts away from the suit and the floating station would send new ones flying into their place Mark 42-style, sometimes armed with a completely new loadout, so he more or less CAN keep up with the Hulk's ridiculous stamina and combat longevity and continue to pummel Banner into the dirt.

I gotta hand it to Joss, he turns Stark into a quip machine, but he knows how to use Iron Man in a fight.
>>
>>15087341
So how does the hulkbuster work controls-wise? I thought maybe he would move around in the suit itself but it seems a bit too small in the chest to make certain motions, so now I think he uses that weird mind-reading thing he made in the third movie to control it.
>>
>We will never see Marvel Studios' version of the Modular Armor
>>
>>15087636
It's either reading his nerves or he's got a little cockpit in the chest that he sticks around in.
>>
Man, Civil War really lacked a Thorbot.

That would have been cool.
>>
>>15076937
>>15076953
>>15080827
Actually, I think Hulk's rampage in Las Vegas ended up killing people. It was the last straw for the Illuminati, they used it as an excuse to launch him into space.

>>15075885
What I mean is that the Hulkbuster rarely has guns, it's just "big suit that punches". I mean, it's not like the guns would do anything to Hulk either, but having a big suit with Iron Man's tiny head on top looks kind of dumb. Kinda like Lex Luthor's Power Armor. I mean, why don't they just punch his fucking head off? It's exposed!

(I think he has a force field...?)
>>
>>15087688
Would've been impossible to explain.

They needed an Infinity Stone to make Vision work. Replicating Thor would've required the MCU to invent cloning and a way to replicate the Mind Stone.
>>15087693
Yeah, like I said. Sixty-plus people and a dog.

Lex's suit is generally excused as having a force field strong enough to reflect heat vision. And Superman's no-kill policy.
>>
>>15087698
I think it was excused as the force field using too much energy, so he only keeps it active around his head (instead of the whole suit). He said it was so his vision wasn't impaired, but... can't he just make a helmet with a vision of 360º?
>>
File: All-NewLB4.jpg (207KB, 680x637px) Image search: [Google]
All-NewLB4.jpg
207KB, 680x637px
>>15087706
Funnily enough, previous artists had done that before.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5_3q5Et1jY
>>
>>15080849
Pretty sure thats what the Buster suits are for, stalling. As far as I know all his buster suits are designed to hold whatever they are targeting at bay long enough for the other heroes to regroup, plan a counter attack, or call in people who CAN hurt whatever they are fighting, the Buster class suits are pretty much just walls. If anything, the Buster suits should automatically come installed with a phone that rings up Dr. Strange, Nova and Ghost Rider, since whatever requires a Buster will probably need one or all of those fuckers to fight.
>>
>>15087883
Nah. They're meant to outright defeat whoever they're going up against. It's just that Tony tends to design Buster suits without a full understanding of what they people they're busting are capable of.

Shit, Thor's shattered planets and Tony still thinks he can punch the guy into submission.
>>
File: Steel_Vol_2_40.jpg (80KB, 400x614px) Image search: [Google]
Steel_Vol_2_40.jpg
80KB, 400x614px
But does he have a hammer and a cape?

Didn't think so.
>>
>>15079820
Nah.
Hulk always ends up smashing them.
>>
>>15088493
It's also the whole "the plan always has to go wrong" thing.

If Tony designs a suit and says "this suit was specifically designed in advance to let me beat X", then you know it's not going to beat X because that's not interesting. What's interesting is if Tony comes up against X and has to devise a solution to beat it, which usually means coming up with a creative application of his existing armor instead of building a new dedicated one. That's why Tony can sometimes beat the Hulk in his regular armor, but a Hulkbuster is almost never going to work unless the author is banking on subverting audience expectations.
>>
>>15092326
Yeah. The "Beating the Hulk in the regular armor" thing basically involved punching the Hulk so hard that he used up all of his armor's power, leading to the next big emergency being getting Tony out of the armor without revealing his identity before his emergency air supply ran out.
>>
>>15092326

I feel like "this suit I built to beat X isn't as great at beating X as I thought/hoped, how do I still manage it?" could be just as interesting as any other route.
>>
File: iron man full iron.jpg (506KB, 1988x2880px) Image search: [Google]
iron man full iron.jpg
506KB, 1988x2880px
>>15074610
>>
File: Adi Granov Extremis Suit.png (971KB, 828x1446px) Image search: [Google]
Adi Granov Extremis Suit.png
971KB, 828x1446px
When we gonna get Extremis Armor in the MCU?
>>
File: iron-manor.jpg (55KB, 310x640px) Image search: [Google]
iron-manor.jpg
55KB, 310x640px
Reason why Earth X rules no.2049284:
Crazy old man Tony secretly turned an abandoned old Stark Tech factory into a giant transforming "suit" called Iron Manor that he deploys as a last resort to fight fucking Celestials. Its fingers hide cannons that can shoot old armors out like bullets when he runs out of cannon shells.

"Leave it to the millionaire to buy the world some time."
>>
File: Thou-Art-No-Thor.jpg (333KB, 560x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Thou-Art-No-Thor.jpg
333KB, 560x1025px
>>15087688
That was one of CW Tony's stupidest ideas though (and he did a lot of dumb shit in that), all it did is bring meaningless death, get the actual Thor supremely pissed at him once he came back and learned about it, and admittedly give us a cool Herc moment
>>
>>15092326
This is something that Kamen Rider and Sentai do well. They introduce new suits and weapons and shit without it specifically being about beating that new, difficult enemy, it's just all around stronger. I think if Tony built a super Buster suit that was just all around strong, rather than being built specifically to beat a certain target, it could be more useful since it's not so niche.
>>
>>15095442
That's his normal suit, though. He only builds different armors when it's time to improve or when there's a specific situation he wants to handle. At any other point, his regular suit is pretty much your capebuster suit.

Honestly, I think they need to go back to how his suits were in the 80s and 90s. All-rounders that he sometimes equipped with add-ons. His newer suits, which basically create any weapon or two he wants as soon as he thinks about it just makes things lazy.
>>
>>15095486
I would personally prefer if they went with a different route, in that Tony has a lot of specialized suits, not cripplingly so, but suits for different uses, and he regularly swaps out. But then again, I like Kamen Rider, so that might be bias.
>>
>>15095556
See, I stopped watching Kamen Rider when they got to having more than two or three forms in a series.

Less is more, imo.
>>
So asking as someone who doesn't follow comics and I'm sure this has been asked before.

Why can't anyone kill Banner before he hulks out in order to take him out? Or is it just physically impossible? Does he just magically revive as the Hulk if you try to kill Banner without him noticing or something?
>>
>>15095710
I believe everytime someones tried to kill Banner the Hulk instantly takes over, preventing Banner from dying, I think Hulk even took over once when Banner actually died.
>>
>>15095710
Even in the movies you can't do that. There's a point where he mentions he tried to shoot himself, and when he did he hulked and spat out the bullet.

Unless it's dumb stuff like Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe. Or Civil War 2.
>>
>>15095710
>Does he just magically revive as the Hulk if you try to kill Banner without him noticing or something?

/co/-fag here. And, yeah, this is the most popular idea. Fans and Hulk haters have been pushing this idea for years, that the Hulk will just instantly pop out and heal any damage Banner took as soon as he's taken it. Unfortunately, even some of Marvel's writers have started to take this approach, though thankfully only a minority.

Banner's been shot, stabbed, slapped around, and knocked unconscious without the Hulk coming out. Recently, he took an arrow to the head and died (though doubtfully for good.) largely because the writer for the event didn't bother to read the current Hulk comics to find out that he'd been cured and someone else was the Hulk now.

If you were to hit Banner before he realized it, he'd be dead. Blow him up, shoot him, stab him, cut his head off, etc. The thing that activates the Hulk is Banner's elevated blood pressure and brain chemistry. When he undergoes stress, he gets smashy. It's just that his fans, who don't want to admit that their hero could be taken down without a fight, have tried to turn the Hulk into a spider-sense that comes out as soon as Banner's in danger. (Course, that didn't help him any when two gay guys tried to rape Bruce in a YMCA.) Shit, it wasn't even three years ago that someone shot him in the back of the head and turned him into someone that Forrest Gump would feel sorry for.

>>15095760
Nah, we saw that attempt. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3qN2rtfxpc

He's hulking out before firing a shot. And it's been established that he never remembers what he does as the Hulk in the MCU, so Banner just assumed that "the other guy" spat the bullet out when he never even got around to firing it.
>>
>>15080682
Worst part is, Sentinel arguably makes some of the best looking redesigns of comic armors, and their own original Bleeding Edge-inspired suit (Pic-related) is pretty damn great, but their final product when it arrives always has a really weird quirk that ruins the whole package (usually aformentioned two-tone red/gold)

The only thing two tone works for is giant robots, and it's not an in-universe stylistic choice so much as different parts of the armor bei g manufactured in different parts of the factory and thus use different batches of paint. It's crazy hard to make an entirely consistant pigment over and over again in massive batches, which is why some parts of a large machine might be "whiter" that other parts with white paint, provides they were manufactured in different locations. That's why a lot of real grades come in a lot of two-tone colors.

Iron Man has no reason for this to be a thing. Tony builds his suits all in one place, usually, and there's no reason for him to use more than one batch because Iron Man suits aren'tthat big.
>>
>>15095710
And now that he's no longer the hulk, he gets killed by Hawkeye
>>
>>15095766
>It's just that his fans, who don't want to admit that their hero could be taken down without a fight, have tried to turn the Hulk into a spider-sense that comes out as soon as Banner's in danger.
Sounds like a victim of it's own popularity amongst casual fans if he's gone from a really powerful minmaxed freak mutation into some kind of magical physics defying auto-rez possession.

I can't imagine comics having inconsistency out the ass exactly helping most of the problems and a irrational hatred against telling interesting stories help.

Does She-Hulk suffer from the same problem?
>>
>>15098200
She-Hulk is frequently just in Hulk form all the time because there's no reason for her not to be. Unlike the Hulk she doesn't have any disadvantages, she just also doesn't have Hulk's ridiculous power levels.
>>
>>15095766
Wait what, those previous Hulk movies are taken into account for the newer Marvel expanded movie vomitfest?
>>
>>15074610
I know they regularly go into how Iron Man's armor has a limited energy supply and has to recharge regularly. Have the comics ever talked about whether or not the Hulkbuster suit uses more energy? Since it's bigger and stuff... how long can he fight stuff before his armor dies in that?
>>
>>15098200
Comics are surprisingly poorly written. Especially Marvel in recent years
>>
File: she-hulk.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
she-hulk.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>15098258
Not the Aang Lee one, but the Norton Hulk movie is canon. Thunderbolt Ross is explicitly the same dude in Civil War and the reason that they sent Tony to him in the stinger was so Tony would piss him off so much he wouldn't go near the Avengers Initiative.

>>15098200
>>15098241
She might now, though. Her powers have changed and she's looking like she's going towards a more Savage She-Hulk with the grey musclegirl look and the horror themes they're trying for.

That said, she WAS more outgoing as regular ol' She-Hulk. They even made a plot point about how Jennifer Walters didn't sleep around and wasn't a party girl, but She-Hulk was. She-Hulk got around so much that WOLVERINE didn't want to dick her.
>>
>>15098354
Nah. Most of the Hulkbuster fights are short, brutal affairs that don't last longer than a few minutes. I don't recall a power supply being a major concern in any of them. Probably because he never expected a true slugfest with the Hulk to go beyond a ten or fifteen minutes.
>>
>>15098104
What's this thing, looks cool.
>>
>>15098354

I recall the ultron movie art book stated that Tony needed like 12 arc reactors to power Veronica. That's why you see so many glowing areas in the suit.
>>
>>15099278

> edgy She-Hulk

I guess she can't always be a 4th wall breaking comedy vehicle about but damn it's sad all the same. Guess it's good I don't read comics anymore.
>>
>>15099278
>That said, she WAS more outgoing as regular ol' She-Hulk.
But...that was the good She-Hulk?

She-Hulk always struck me as a character more suited to a Sex in the City style comedy whilst holding down a day job than any serious drama shit.

>>15098619
I get the feeling almost all comics now are written by High School dropouts who got their start writing shitty LJ slashfics and browsing deviantart.
>>
File: C1wLutPVQAQlAff.jpg:orig.jpg (42KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
C1wLutPVQAQlAff.jpg:orig.jpg
42KB, 640x625px
>>
File: modern american media.jpg (159KB, 600x556px) Image search: [Google]
modern american media.jpg
159KB, 600x556px
>>15099745
I think I'd take edgy sonic tier deviantart shit over the tumblr shit.
>>
>>15099766
that Toki fig sucks what's with the real type coloring on his hair
>>
File: She Hulk Classic.jpg (169KB, 898x1396px) Image search: [Google]
She Hulk Classic.jpg
169KB, 898x1396px
>>15099745

She-Hulk was written as a Sex in the City style comedy for years. Presumably at least, since I've no idea what type of comedy that show went for, but She-Hulk was a single lawyer working for a superhero specializing firm who was rarely Jennifer Walters, slept around a fair bit and mostly fell in to troubles with a comedy focus rather than any drama. Dan Slott eventually segued more in to drama on that run, but it had a comedy focus for a long time, with all superheroes having their adventures documented in comic form and those comics stored in long boxes, with couriers on hire who were all speedsters but had a stipulation in their contract they wouldn't ever fight since they'd all bleed out at super speed if hurt and so on.

Even before Slott's run though she was mostly a comedy character, and John Byrne had a fairly iconic run on her character where there was a good bit of 4th wall comedy if I recall. She was at it even before Deadpool became famous for it, since that was back in the 80s. Ambush Bug and several others were probably doing it before She-Hulk however, though I'm not familiar with the dates for any of them. His run was fairly silly too however, and it was him had her stand trial before the Grand Tribunal (a set of cosmic entities) with a space trucker's testimony that she had the biggest cleavage in the universe somehow or other being the evidence that won her case.

She's been a bounty hunter with a Skrull or something in the last few years too I think, so using her for comedy wasn't completely abandoned. There must just be a new focus for her now going by the horror pic/comment posted. She'll probably be back to being a vehicle for comedy eventually though. It's what suits her best anyways, since unlike Bruce she has relatively stable powers she has some control over and little in the way of downsides, so drawing drama out of her is hard without changing that to make her in a gender swapped Hulk in every way instead of most.
>>
File: She Hulk Modern.jpg (863KB, 1245x1920px) Image search: [Google]
She Hulk Modern.jpg
863KB, 1245x1920px
>>15099793

I also found this pic on a quick GIS, so she still had a comedy focus at least relatively recently. Possibly while tooling around with Jazinda as a bounty hunter or something, I don't know.

I do like the design direction her character has had in the last decade/decade and a half, where she mostly wears jeans and trainers (sometimes with heels, which is nice) along with a t-shirt or whatever the thing she has in this is called. It's a nice, casual look that suits her more than the purple and white costume she sometimes has.
>>
>>15099769
What the flying fuck is this? Is this really what comics have become?

>>15099802
Whilst I'm cool with the design, anatomy is really off in all kinds of ways. Still She-Hulk is a good design that is hard to fuck up, just draw her as a well built confident alpha female with a bit of fashion sense.
>>
>>15099643
They dropped that aspect of her long ago, sadly. People kept complaining that she was stealing Deadpool's schtick.
>>
>>15099863
Yeah. Marvel decided not to hire the writer again after that series.

It's notable that the biggest comic she wrote beforehand was InSexts, about lesbians who laid eggs in each other's mouths, became superpowered bug people (but only when not being sexy) who decided to kill all men.
>>
>>15099863
>What the flying fuck is this? Is this really what comics have become?
Yes. They think that appealing to and not offending the sensitive tumblrina type who don't buy comic books will get them to buy comic books. Then they act surprised when sales aren't up because the people they're trying to appeal to aren't the type who buy comic books to begin with.
>>
>>15099884
It's notable that the YAAAAAAAAS SLAY QUEEEEEN Carol Corps folks was heavily marketed to, they did a ton of callouts, even forming a Carol Corps comic book and referring to the fans in-universe as the Carol Corps....

...And the sales didn't rise even 10%.
>>
>>15099886

> YAAAAAAAAS SLAY QUEEEEEN

What reference am I missing?
>>
>>15099890
Tumblr stuff.
>>
File: MA Iron Man #8 021.jpg (273KB, 1280x1433px) Image search: [Google]
MA Iron Man #8 021.jpg
273KB, 1280x1433px
>>
>>15092326
Plans can work in fiction and be interesting, but they have to not be told beforehand to the reader/viewer.

>>15099884
Appealung to tumblrinas at the very works better than appealing to mcufags.
>>
>>15099914
Doesn't help that, when they tried to appeal to MCUfags with Guardians of the Galaxy, they lost their old audience pretty much instantly.

Bendis writing. Too many character personality changes. Getting rid of the beloved uniforms. Trying to turn Knowhere into Tatooine because that's how Bendis thought it'd be in the movie. Turning Groot from a jackass to a lovey hugbox. Trying to give Rocket Raccoon the catchphrase "BLAM! MURDERED YOU!" Turning Drax into Hercules. Rewriting the Thanos Imperative so that nothing they did there mattered...
>>
>>15099802
>dat spidey
kek
>>
>>15099900
Mk I is best armor
>>
>>15099927

That reminds me, didn't Marvel have an imprint for several years that had classic characters like Spidey in a more comedy focused, child friendly universe? They got canned after a couple of years if I recall, but I got a new external and suddenly have the urge to grab them and just cannot recall the name of the imprint.
>>
File: Reed seals his fate.jpg (374KB, 1012x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Reed seals his fate.jpg
374KB, 1012x1600px
>>15099936
Marvel Adventures
>>
>>15099922
Funniest thing is, Bendis GotG was practically nothing like the MCU GotG in the end, as much as people like to blame the movie for it. Result, no one liked it, neither the people who liked the previous run nor the ones who liked the movie.

People are finally noticing Bendis isn't very good at what he does, looks like.
>>
>>15099946
Well, the normies are finally noticing. Longtime readers have been complaining about him for a long, long time.

With the failure of Civil War II, to the point where even the dick-riding critics at IGN are bitching about it, Marvel might finally be seeing it as well.
>>
>>15099941

That's it, thanks.
>>
>>15099930
Silver centurion
>>
File: silver centurion.jpg (156KB, 680x994px) Image search: [Google]
silver centurion.jpg
156KB, 680x994px
>>15100630
This. MCU Silvie is a thing of beauty.
>>
File: IM200_13.jpg (263KB, 1000x1527px) Image search: [Google]
IM200_13.jpg
263KB, 1000x1527px
>>15100810
Could use more silver.
>>
File: silver-centurion-custom.jpg (293KB, 719x1080px) Image search: [Google]
silver-centurion-custom.jpg
293KB, 719x1080px
>>15100827
Got you, fampai
>>
>>15100844
That looks better!
>>
>>15100810
>>15100844
That goddamn segmented armor makes my dick so fucking hard. Definitely my favorite MCU Iron Man suit.
>>
>>15074610
That's not gemini
>>
>>15100928
I'm glad it got such focus int eh final fight, but every other suit was built for a specific purpose. What was its?
>>
>>15104255
Better reactor output, and also all it's weapons are energy based. No ammunition required.

Basically it's like Heartbreaker but more efficient and mobile. Plus vibranium snikts.
>>
>>15074610
why is the animation so fucking fast?

i'm not kidding, it felt like a normal movie played at 150%

slow it down and you'd have something watchable, otherwise the sense of scale is completely lost
>>
>>15074610
Disproportionate body
>>
>>15104495
fast scenes hide bad cgi. slowing it down will require more detail work.
Thread posts: 131
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.