[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i went through my huge backlog, and found a lot of mecha shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Mecha.png (860KB, 675x638px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha.png
860KB, 675x638px
So i went through my huge backlog, and found a lot of mecha shows there, and then i thought that /m/ might know about the more obscure mecha shows. So, can you guys please help me out? Please point out some pros and cons about these shows, so i can see if it is worth watching.

Zoids
Shinkon Gattai Godannar!!
Sidonia no Kishi
Tetsujin 28-gou (1980)
Yatterman (2008)
Vandread
Uchuu Taitei God Sigma
Uchuu Senshi Baldios
Neo Ranga
Kenzen Robo Daimidaler
Kikou Kantai Dairugger XV
Kikou Souseiki Mospeada
Kishin Houkou Demonbane (TV)
Koutetsushin Jeeg
Kurogane no Linebarrels
Ginga Senpuu Braiger
Haja Kyosei G Dangaiou
Heroic Age
Generator Gawl
Akihabara Dennou-gumi
Asura Cryin'
Break Blade
Buddy Complex
Getter Robo: Armageddon
Chikyuu Bouei Kigyou Dai-Guard
DT Eightron
Eureka Seven
Flag
Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu
Gasaraki
Taiyou no Kiba Dagram
Aura Battler Dunbine
Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner
Soukou Kihei Votoms
Juusenki L-Gaim
Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam
>>
Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam
Soukou Kihei Votoms
Koutetsushin Jeeg

watch these, also Gravion.

junk the rest.
>>
>>15073849 is wrong.
Watch Layzner, L-gaim, Dunbine, and Dougram as well.
>>
>>15073834
Watch them all else you're a faggot.
>>
Dougram is a very good series- a rather compelling or at least entertaining story. You get things from a lot of angles, you could easily root for both sides, and you get loads of good characters and development.

Mileage may vary on actual mecha fights (I loved them but a lot of other guys are less hot on them), as well as the plot armor the FoTS seems to have- the Dougram doesn't get critically damaged super often besides losing an arm. The length is also a turnoff for some at 75 episodes.

VOTOMs is fun and considered by some a spiritual sequel to Dougram. It is decidedly less political in nature and focuses more just on the personal adventure of Chirico and co. rather than various background events to boot. It also may get weird towards the end- nothing anyone can't handle but perhaps odd considering how the series goes. VOTOMs also has sequels and extras, something Dougram didn't get.

L-Gaim is a weaker show, but still okay. It develops from an oddball adventure to a more generic space war, though it still has some very interesting developments and events. Fights, animation, designs etc are all fine but the actual rip and sub quality may diminish your enjoyment of the show. Great soundtrack, mecha are also nice.
It's also a great sampler for both Zeta and ZZ Gundam- you can easily see aspects of both in the show as it goes on, right down to the similarity of the L-Gaim Mark II to the Zeta Gundam.
>>
>>15073875
Oh yeah, and also seconding >>15073868
Watch 'em all!
>>
>>15073834

These are the ones I've seen and enjoyed.

Vandread
Koutetsushin Jeeg
Heroic Age
Break Blade
Chikyuu Bouei Kigyou Dai-Guard
Eureka Seven
Gasaraki
Aura Battler Dunbine
Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner
Soukou Kihei Votoms
Juusenki L-Gaim
>>
>>15073878
>>15073868
I dont have the time or the energy to go through mediocre shows. All i want is the best of the best.
>>
>>15074281
then you should move on from mecha altogether
>>
Watch Dunbine.
Very interesting and unique setting and sometimes very dramatic.
>>
>>15074929
Nah, i like mecha. Im almost done with UC gundam, and it has been a blast.
>>
>>15075147
>and it has been a blast.
A laser blast?
>>
>>15073868
Do this.

>>15074281
Unless you're on death row or something, you have plenty of time to watch them. It's not like you're intending to die anytime soon.
>>
>>15075340
>Unless you're on death row or something, you have plenty of time to watch them. It's not like you're intending to die anytime soon.
It's not about that, i just dont want to waste time on shows that i would rate below 7/10. I see no reason to waste my precious time on shows that i will not love. That is the reason i have about 200 dropped titles in my list.
>>
>>15075469
Most people here haven't seen Bryger/Braiger, but I loved the shit out of it

It's one of the only episodic shows I've seen where it didn't feel like the writers completely ran out of ideas and started pissing in the wind. Every single episode was solid and the dialogue felt a lot more down to Earth than most robot shows. There were no hotblooded macho badasses or autistic child soldiers, just a cheeky group of friends working together as mercenaries.
>>
File: FuckYeahRobots Mazinger.jpg (132KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
FuckYeahRobots Mazinger.jpg
132KB, 640x480px
>>15073834

WATCH THEM ALL
>>
>>15073834
>Sidonia
Great setting with potential for a good survival story but don't watch it if you don't like teen drama. I haven't read the manga

>Dougram
Pros: great politics, lots of strategy in its battles featuring combined arms, treats its mecha like millitary machines that need resupplying and maintenance, keikakus, occasional moments of funny sillyshit

cons: insane plot armour, occasional sillyshit.

>Votoms
Great show, absolutely worth watching. Honestly can't think of many cons. Just don't expect a traditional war story

>Layzner
Pros: fantastic 80s animation, intriguing premise, wonderful aesthetics, 10/10 opening, zippy mecha battles

Cons: occasionally characters can be annoying, some may dislike Eijis early no kill rule, shows ending is rushed like crazy and there's a massive time skip in the middle, though personally I didn't mind that.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.