[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is /m/ right? Which Guyver anime is best to start with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.png (169KB, 225x316px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
169KB, 225x316px
This is /m/ right? Which Guyver anime is best to start with? I can't find a discussion about this anywhere. Thank you.
>>
>>15073805

Bump.
>>
>>15073805
Personally, I started with the 2006 Anime and thought it was great. Have you watched the Live Action movie? Dark Hero was a cheesy B movie, but worth it for the suits.
>>
>>15073805
this looks kinda cool
>>
The 1986 movie doesn't have much going for it aside from the infamous tentacle rape scene and strays from the manga pretty quickly.

The 1989 OVA is a classic, even though it only covers the first six (I think) volumes of the manga and ends on a massive cliffhanger.

The 2005 anime is a pretty solid adaptation and goes a little further than the OVA, but still ends on a cliffhanger.

The American movies are pretty bad. The second one is better, but is only worth it for the novelty of seeing pre-MGS David Hayter try to act.

You can only get the manga up to a certain point because Guyver Advocacy has that shit on total lockdown and subninjas anyone else who tries to scanlate it.
>>
>>15073805
OVA
>>
>>15074292
>The 1986 movie doesn't have much going for it aside from the infamous tentacle rape scene and strays from the manga pretty quickly.

The scene where Sho is ripping shit up at the dock while this blasts was pretty great though. Aside from that it's total shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xANXsjce528
>>
>>15074292
How do they stop other people from scanning it or uploading their scans? It's not like they have a valid copyright claim or anything.
>>
What I wouldn't give for the 2005 anime to continue on.

Such an under appreciated series with such a cool mecha concept.
>>
>>15074661
Hell, if Jojo is able to get completely animated I don't think it's too farfetched to think Guyver can get animated all the way.
>>15074292
Whats stopping someone from buying all available shit from Guyver Advocacy and releasing it into the wild?
>>
>>15074726

GA watermarks the scanlations they give people with their IP then blacklists people when they're caught. Anyone who does that would only be able to do it once.
>>
>>15077232
Wait their entire bullshit can't deal with vpn? Ha ha ha holy shit.
>>
>>15074726
You don't even buy shit from Guyver Advocacy. You just prove to them you purchased the volumes.
>>
File: 1619165-05.png (630KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
1619165-05.png
630KB, 440x640px
>>15073805
I started with the original OVA since it was the first thing I found and I had never heard of Guyver before. It was fantastic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHPT-zE1hI
>>
>>15074726

You don't "buy" from them, at least not anymore. You have to buy the untranslated printed volume from wherever and prove to them that you purchased it legally, then they'll send you the translated scans with the hidden embedded watermarks. GA claims this is to ensure the official manga is supported.

They used to have the option to buy the scanlations from them for the price of the volume, but people gave them enough shit about it that they stopped.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.