[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen arguements about the best Gundam pilot, but what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 14

File: Ms-06f.jpg (167KB, 349x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ms-06f.jpg
167KB, 349x600px
I've seen arguements about the best Gundam pilot, but what about the best Zaku pilot? Surely we can come to an agreement about that, right?
>>
>>15070988
JOHHNY
RIDDEN
>>
Ramba Ral
>>
Char
>>
>>15070988
Hahaha it's going to be Johnny Ridden vs Char bullshit.
>>
Mash obviously.
>>
Cucuruz Doan. Motherfucker destroyed a missile with a rock
>>
>>15070988
Bernie defeated a gundam in a zaku

Char blew up a super duper prototype to destroy a gundam.
>>
>>15071917
preptime tho
>>
>>15071019
This. This is fucking accurate as fuck.
>>
>>15071917
>Zaku with preptime fighting a Gundam with a shitty pilot destroying both suits counts as a victory
>>
>>15072102
This, Bernie was a bitch, as expected of Zeek scum.
>>
>>15070988
Johnny Ridden, probably. Dude actually had the highest kill count of any Zeon pilot, even if he wasn't as famous as the others, and he did it all in Zakus. Some really strong upgraded Zakus, towards the end, but still Zakus.
>>
>>15070994
Oh, the great crimson lightning... char aznable
>>
File: image.png (673KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
673KB, 1920x1080px
Tatsuya Yuuki, pre-meijin.

Undefeated.
>>
File: ackchyually.png (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>15072896
According to Return of Johhny Ridden, towards the end of the war he exclusively flew Gelgoogs.
>>
>>15072896
>all in Zaku's
>His second most famous suit is his Gelgoog
>Even had a Gelgoog cannon

I mean you're probably right that in terms of Zaku's (of which he used a fuck ton even compared to other Zeke aces) he might be the best, but he didn't have the highest kill count this guy that no one talks about does.
>>
File: Brenev.jpg (73KB, 331x290px) Image search: [Google]
Brenev.jpg
73KB, 331x290px
>>15073444
And I forgot the pic.

Granted this guy is some no one more or less from MSV (Though he was also in the Chimera corps as an instructor apparently) so I mean no one really cares since he doesn't have the exosure of Ridden, Char, or even Shin Matsanuga.
>>
>>15070988
Ramba Ral, no contest.
>>
>>15073447
That's no zaku, boy. No zaku.
>>
File: you were saying.jpg (18KB, 201x300px) Image search: [Google]
you were saying.jpg
18KB, 201x300px
>>15073454
>>
>>15071917
Bernie was a pretty good tactician, but nothing special as a pilot. I'll agree it's between Char or Johnny, I'll probably give it to Johnny, because as far as I know he stuck with the Zaku while Char kept upgrading
>>
>>15073508
Ridden eventually upgraded to a Gelgoog B.
>>15073446
Killcounts don't really mean much unless we know what exactly he shot down. For all we know, the bulk of them could just be fighter or tank kills. Hell, they probably were, since the Federation didn't start deploying mobile suits en masse until October at the absolute earliest.
>>
It's probably some shithead from SEED in one of those dumbass Zaku Warrior suits.
>>
>>15073582
DELET THIS
>>
>>15073511
193 of them were MS and 8 battle ships, doesn't talk about tanks, granted that's just me looking him up on the wiki because I didn't know it off hand so it could be completely false.

But assuming it's true it's pretty fucking crazy for only a few months of killing MS.
>>
ターミネーターのハーベスターに同じ装備をさせれば同じ結果を出せるのではないか?アーマードコアの方が好みだが
>>
>>15073582
If these things hadn't been in seed destiny and completely replaced an interesting line of suits I'd like them way more. It's a neat remake of Zakus but in such a shit position.
>>
>>15074740
I think those kill counts come from databooks that also claimed hugely inflated production numbers like 8000 Zakus produced in total or 3000 GMs built during the war.
>>
>>15074804
By interesting line, I hope you're not referring to the GINNs. They looked fucking awful.
>>
File: Gene.png (213KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gene.png
213KB, 640x480px
Gene.
>>
>>15074905
I like how he has a helmet specially shaped for his head.
>>
Daryl Lorenz
>He had no limbs
>>
>>15070988

It's Char. Primarily because if you stick to the actual animation there's not really anyone else in consideration.

>>15072102

> destroying both suits

Neither were actually destroyed. The Alex didn't even have particularly bad damage. It'd only take a day or two to put the head and arm gatling back on and repair the gash in it's stomach.

>>15073446

This guy no-one talks about and is really only an MSV addition with an inflated kill count to make him seem cooler could describe Johnny Ridden or Shin Matsunaga just as easily as Brenev.
>>
File: Banter stops.jpg (94KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
Banter stops.jpg
94KB, 602x709px
>>15073582
>Rey, Luna or any of those fuckers better than the likes of Ridden, Aznable, Matsanuga, or the Tri Stars
>>
>>15075416
>This guy no-one talks about and is really only an MSV addition with an inflated kill count to make him seem cooler could describe Johnny Ridden or Shin Matsunaga just as easily as Brenev.

True but they at least get mentioned by fans. Brenev is a litteral who.
>>
>>15070988
that guy in the blue zaku in 08th MS Team.
He was a fucking NINJA.
>>
>>15075416
>The Alex didn't even have particularly bad damage
Article 1 of the Gundam Fight International rules.
>>
File: GuAIZ.png (313KB, 864x480px) Image search: [Google]
GuAIZ.png
313KB, 864x480px
>>15074852
GuAIZ though. It's a damn shame it got the soul sucked out of it in MP form, and then quickly relegated to obscurity.
>>
File: Duel_&_GuAIZs.png (908KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Duel_&_GuAIZs.png
908KB, 1280x720px
>>15075934
>>
>>15075739
>blue zaku

Nice meme dood.
>>
As much as I love Zakus, I don't think a traditionalist Zaku could really allow the call.

If you get into customs it turns into a Ship Of Theseus argument relating to if it even counts as a Zaku.

Sure, I can replace everything in a Zaku and effectively make it a mobile suit version of a sleeper car, but is it really a Zaku?

So I guess it comes down to anyone who served exclusively in a stock Zaku and didn't die horribly as cannon fodder.
>>
File: 1482222758571.png (370KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482222758571.png
370KB, 600x600px
char
>duh
char
>duh
>>
>>15075416
>Neither were actually destroyed. The Alex didn't even have particularly bad damage. It'd only take a day or two to put the head and arm gatling back on and repair the gash in it's stomach.
The problem is they didn't have any extra parts of the Alex since it was a secret test on a colony that was supposed to be neutral. (A major violation of the Antarctic Treaty which gave Zeon justification to nuke Side 6.) So they couldn't just ship in new parts lah-di-dah.

If you're dubious about that, just look at the Alex's condition between its battle with the Kampher and Zaku. Any damage inflicted on it because of the chain mine explosion were still there (including the broken V-fin), plus the left arm's gattling gun's ammo wasn't even replenished.

This would draw a conclusion that either they kept the Alex on lockdown as to not cause an international incident where Side 6 was shown to be openly aiding the Federation, or they didn't have any extra parts or even ammo for the Alex because it was just there for testing the software and not practical combat.

>>15078506
This man gets it, due to the sheer variety of Zakus that were deployed with some excelling over others depending on the theater of combat, it's nearly impossible to declare which one 'is the best'.

>>15073511
>>15075416
What makes Oguz interesting is the fact that he was known for conceding kills to his wing men. Whether this means he damages the enemy craft or mobile suit and he let's his more inexperienced pilots get the kill or he's able to distract an enemy pilot he can easily take down himself for his wing man to come in and ambush him, we aren't given the details. But based on his personality, it's more likely the former since he's the type of pilot who doesn't want to put his wing men at risk. Although he was created to be a rival to the Federation's number one ace, and it was only game, so we'll be opening pandora's box with that route.
>>
>>15079073

The commander of the Federal forces overseeing the Alex asks about the Alex's ammo count just prior to the deployment and is told that the re-op forces are staying away. Even if they couldn't be resupplied though, most of the damaged parts are likely to be universal, internal parts, like the neck joint. It's the arms and armor, along with the cockpit and thrusters of the Alex that are experimental, not the entire thing. The damaged gatling arm would be more troublesome to replace, but the stomach gash and head really shouldn't be an issue, since even if the system itself is unique and experimental, the parts that make it up probably aren't.
>>
>>15075394
if it wasn't for plot armor lightning, he would've downed a full armor gundam
>>
>>15079092
Rewatch the scene, the ammo the Alex expended wasn't replenished so it didn't have ammo in its left arm and the CO was asking how much it had left, which would imply he knew he wasn't re-armed. Also the 're-op forces' were the Side 6's defense force saying the Feddies were on their own against the Zaku.

Further more, the Alex was one of the most advanced mobile suit developed during the war and it was a prototype in of itself. And it didn't use the core block system like the RX-78, so it would not be able to quickly swap out parts at will. You also have to remember the panoramic cockpit was a one of a kind back then, so any damage to it would be a major set back since they couldn't just go back to the factory and pick up another one like in later series.

The killer to the Alex project was the fact that the war was over, so there was no reason to rebuild something that got trashed by a lone Zaku II. (You have to look at it from a command and logistic standpoint.) The cost effective, conventional tech was implemented into the post war mobile suits, and the unknown newtype tech the Alex had was dropped in favor of more convention psycommu systems.
>>
Doan, no questions about it.
>>
>>15079135

I have re-watched the scene just now. And he has to ask the ammo count in the Gundam. He might know it's low, but he doesn't know the exact number, and literally the next line after the ammo count is the soldier telling him the re-op forces are staying out of it. The "re" in re-op suggesting they're the crowd that resupply people, same as how re-up is how dealers refer to drugs. The fact they're staying out of it also suggesting you're right in your assessment that they're staying away for political reasons by the way, since you didn't seem to realize I was agreeing with you in the last post.

That would only be a temporary state of affairs though, because unless you think the Federation base is never going to get supplies again they're presumably only staying away while the situation is in flux and would be comfortable with resupplying again once things have been settled - i.e. after episode 6.

You're right that there's not much point though, because A Boa A Qu took place a couple of days later. I don't think you're right about the repairs though, because while the cockpit block is experimental and can't simply be swapped out for instance, it doesn't need to be, because most ofi it is fine. There's only a simple gash along the stomach, which can be repaired using conventional materials for the most part. The head and gatling gun too are simply lopped off and need reattaching and perhaps some superficial repairs, not outright replacing. It might not have been done because of the war ending, but even without resupply doing so shouldn't be hard.
>>
>>15079198
>soldier telling him the re-op forces are staying out of it. The "re" in re-op suggesting they're the crowd that resupply people.
Where did you even get this translation and this conclusion. The actual quote is.
>The Riah Forces are saying they're keeping out of this one.
Riah is the government of Side 6, and based on your assumption of re-op. You're trying to imply it's Side 6 that is in charge of arming the Alex. Which in of itself is another direct violation of the Antarctic Treaty per Side 6's neutrality.

Furthermore, when the enemy is 3 minutes from your door step, you're not going to use that time to order or load up on ammo. You're going to battle with what you have. Plus, preparing weapons is something that occurs after the battle, not right before it.

You also seem to forget it's a secret Federation base that just had its cover blown by Zeon. The Side 6 defense forces sorted in the battle against the Kampher because they didn't know Zeon knew of the existence of the Alex and the secret base. The moment they put two and two together they had to disavow the Feddies and say they were sitting back in a desperate attempt to still look like they were neutral.

You're also failing to understand that the Alex is a prototype unit, so a 'simple gash along the stomach' is going to be crippling from a testing standpoint because of the one of a kind status it was and the fact that the Alex wasn't developed and built at Side 6, only transported there for testing. Adding the location would be another reason why the Alex was scrapped. You know, the whole, being located in a neutral colony in direct violation with the international treaty signed during the war.
>>
>>15079239

> Where did you even get this translation

The dub, since it was on Youtube and easier than downloading the show to check. The guy's accent is quite thick and sounds like Reop, but yea, now that you've reminded me it takes place in Riah he's definitely saying that.

> You're also failing to understand that the Alex is a prototype unit

No, I understand. I just don't think it matters. The unit itself and many of it's components are experimental, but the materials and smaller pieces that make up those components aren't. Not everything about it is 100% alien and experimental, on specific parts. Parts that couldn't be swapped out easily and replaced, but repairing the unit doesn't require finding new parts and replacing those components whole sale - only fixing them. Which can be done with conventional materials. I can't build a tv, but it there's a relatively minor physical problem with it I can repair it, because those are two different things.

The main damage to the Alex was that the arm gatling and head were taken off. Not destroyed: blown off. The head and arm gatling are still largely intact, they just need to be reattached. Which doesn't require that you replace them entirely, because they're not damaged enough to need to do so. Even the cockpit gash can be repaired, since while the cockpit is experimental, the material that it's made of isn't and a field repair of that material is perfectly possible. The external armor being luna titanium might be an issue, but that'd be the only one.

Also, the location doesn't matter in the slightest, since that's only where it was tested, not built. They can ship it to a new location if being in Riah is such a problem. The main reason it wasn't pursued is pretty obviously that the war ended a few days later and a new treaty signed something like a fortnight later, not the location or the damage being unrepairable.
>>
>>15075416
>>15079073
I think the Federation did manage to fully fix the Alex but the OYW was over by the time it was operational again.
>>
>>15071003
But he was a complete Gouf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKqs1JLDbp4
>>
>>15075744
Underrated.
>>
File: 20170104_214134.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170104_214134.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
isnt it daryl because he had the best zaku?
>>
>>15079108
like all zaku would have.
>>
>>15082089
>Daryl
>lost every single fight against the Gundam
>best at anything, besides being a legless armless loser.
>>
>>15079108
Actually, if you watch the footage. He was aiming for the Gundam's head. So even if the lightning hadn't blocked the shot, Io would have survived, and the Gundam would only lose 4% of its combat efficiency.
>>
>>15082121
so what other zaku pilot destroyed a gundam?
>>
>>15082089
fuck you cripple
you can't even fap
>>
>>15082133
while im enjoying the mg, im actually a Io fag.
>>
>>15082133
>you can't even fap
That's cause I get yer mum to do it for me. She even says Sieg Zeon! when I shoot all over her face.

Boom, another headshot.
>>
>>15082121
>Someone didn't watch EP 4.
>>
>>15082770
tie=winning now
we really are in the cucked generation.
>>
>>15072015
>>15071019
He also Took out a Zaku with a kick and one punch
>>
File: 1483289156267.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483289156267.gif
2MB, 640x480px
Zaku is Zaku
>>
File: alfred_izruha_2204.jpg (39KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
alfred_izruha_2204.jpg
39KB, 225x350px
Bernie ofcourse!
He was like 1 kill away from being an ace.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.