[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this series really bad? i need an honest opinion before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: seed.jpg (44KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
seed.jpg
44KB, 225x350px
is this series really bad? i need an honest opinion before i waste my time
>>
>>15069580
I would recommend watching any other Gundam series than this one.
>>
Despite the meme hate, it ain't nowhere near as bad as people make it up to be. Personally I give it 3.5/5.

Soundtrack is great
Mech esigns are good
Battles are good despite the reused frames and poses.
Some surprisingly likeable characters here and there as well.

Only legitimately bad thing is Kira surviving shit that should have killed him (though some other pilot have survived worse to be honest) and Lacus being a generic annoying space princess.
>>
>>15069580
SEED ain't bad.

The problem is that Destiny is so fucking horrible it retroactively ruins SEED.
>>
>>15069580
SEED by itself is decent, but flawed.
Destiny amps the flaws up to 11, and the second half isn't even written coherently.

That being said, to (mis)quote a previous anon:
>It will give you context to more than a decade of hentai doujins
>>
>>15069580
I found it very boring.
>>
>>15069580
It was boring for being rehash of 0079.
They could have done a lot with the subject matter but squandered on making formulaic gundam show.
>>
>>15069632
>>15069646
>>15069647
>meme hate
If anything its a meme to say that SEED is anything more than shit and that all its shitty aspects came from Destiny
>>
>>15069632
>Mech esigns are good
>Battles are good
> Some surprisingly likeable characters here and there as well.
At least you got the soundtrack part right
>>
It's better than AGE. Depending on who you ask, it's also better than G-Reco and IBO.
>>
>>15069580
SEED is alright really, it's only bad when Lacus is around.
>>
im 5 eps into destiny right now and its awesome
>>
File: Regarding Gundam SEED.png (377KB, 1009x2579px) Image search: [Google]
Regarding Gundam SEED.png
377KB, 1009x2579px
Yawn.
>>
>>15069824
Stop after episodes 13 or 34. You'll thank us.
>>
File: seed.png (5KB, 537x97px) Image search: [Google]
seed.png
5KB, 537x97px
>>15069580
>>15069647
>>
File: seed.jpg (445KB, 1024x800px) Image search: [Google]
seed.jpg
445KB, 1024x800px
>>15069580

I suppose in all fairness, in regards to seed and SEED alone, it's more accurate to say "It's not good" It's competent. It tells it's story A to Z without any MAJOR issues and has some decent moments where it's engaging and is a decent modernization for the franchise. That said it generally falls flat in living up to it's potential especially in the last third.

Seed needed more of that moral gray it started out with. Yeah Rau was a nut job and a clear villain but his insanity seemed tacked on at the very last second just to have an obvious villain. Even Char had more complex motivations for siding with the Zeon and his whole bag was "Kill some guys I hate" but he some more humanizing moments. Lying to a dying soldier to make him feel like his death meant something and his relationship with Sayla added dimension to the character. He wasn't a good guy but he wasn't cartoonishly evil. Even the Zabi family where more interested in power and while willing to kill by the thousands needed to have some people to have power over. And that's just one of the more obvious examples.

The biggest issue though is the whole Kira vs Athrun conflict. Early on this was the best part of the series. Friends forced to fight? No other Gundam series went with that approach. Sure you'd get the occasional respected rivals but nothing like these. Two people who are closer than brothers now forced to fight and possibly kill each other? That's good drama! That's a damn fine hook to explore.

And they throw it away. Athrun joins team Kira in the final act and they beat up the super racist villains who would make Cobra Commander look like something out of Dickens.

There's some good stuff in here. Characters like Flay and Nataral are convincing and tragic and Mwu is grade bro. Andy was a nice take on the modern Ral character, But the main conflicts are tossed aside for something shallow. I won't even get into the shipping angle.

The show's not bad but it is disappointing.
>>
Yes, but it's watchable.

Unless you're something that overanalyzes everything, you can watch SEED and go "eh, whatever" by the end
>>
>>15069712
While I consider SEED (Especially with Destiny) probably the weakest Gundam I've seen, (Waiting for IBO to finish for final judgement on that; and I havent seen AGE or G-Reco.) The Soundtrack is solid, and I do like a lot of the mecha design even if a lot of it's rehashed UC stuff. There's a few interesting characters, such as Mu, Cagalli, and Murre. Sadly Cagalli gets completely ruined in Destiny. Kira's probably the most boring protagonist in the franchise, especially after SEED.
>>
>>15069712

Mech designs are subjective and I found the beamspam refreshing( I had watched nothing but UC OVAs beforehand so that might have influenced it, though I can understand why some people hate it)

But I genuinely liked characters like Mu, Waltfeld, Yzak, the druggies, etc. They weren't especially developed characters or anything but they were entertaining to watch.

>>15069922
Most of the rehashed designs are from Destiny though. GINN looks vaguely like a Zaku and the Daggers are just mass produced Strike's so there's not much else they could do with that design.
>>
>>15069865
>willing to kill by the billions
ftfy
>>
>>15069865
SEED's biggest issue is that its answer to "both sides have good people! War is gray vs gray!" is "let's have all the good people join up into one SUPER GOOD side and have them save the day!"

The show has a record of copping out instead of committing to potentially interesting directions. Kira and Athrun fight to the death! Neither die and they get over it. Kira doesn't want to kill anymore! He gets the Freedom so he doesn't have to. Yzak killed a shuttle full of innocents! This is never addressed again beyond Kira deciding not to kill him. Kira killed Nicol in self defense! Actually no Nicol killed himself.
>>
>>15069859
I think you mean
>Stop after episode 37.

That's when Kira and Cagalli are reunited.
>>
>>15069922
You haven't seen AGE or Build Fighters Try yet.
>>
>>15070220
Build Fighters Try is better than SEED. Try ain't good by any means, but it's better than SEED in my opinion. As for AGE, as I said I haven't seen it.
>>
>>15070139

Really, the series had one engaging hook and it threw it out immediately. If the story had escalated along that path it could have been something great.
>>
>>15069580
not bad, you should give it a try. though I haven't seen it yet.
>>
File: 5566fdsf.jpg (1MB, 888x2000px) Image search: [Google]
5566fdsf.jpg
1MB, 888x2000px
>IS THIS SERIES REALLY BAD? I NEED AN HONEST OPINION BEFORE I WASTE MY TIME

>WAS IT REALLY THAT BAD?

Has anyone else noticed this?
>>
>>15069865
Are you me?

Anyway,I can remember some of the hype back then but was it really that popular in America?
>>
>>15071257

eeeeeeh, kinda. Cartoon network made a big deal out of it's premier and we haven't really had a proper gundam in a while
>>
>>15069580
Idol moe shit to the max

Wet towel mc and rival

Some cool ms but the main cast make the show unbearable

Just opinions
>>
>>15071257
>was it really that popular in America?

Can't speak for America but it was insanely popular in Canada, at least for a time. YTV aired it like 3 and a half times. We even got Destiny, something the US didn't.
>>
>>15071283
We didn't get 00 though. Wonder if that was because of Destiny's performance or the channel hop.

I lived out in the country, so it was always rather hard determine what was popular outside of The Chappelle show.
>>
Nah, not really.
Both have many flaws, but I thought SEED and SEED Destiny were enjoyable shows.

I watched them dubbed to boot, and thought the dub was done pretty well.
>>
>>15071184
OP is gundam original rager

>>15069580
>>15071257
>>15071269
>>15071278
>>15071283
>>15071293
STOP replying their own shitposts and STOP making multiple shit threads using the same shitposting.

FUCK OFF original gundamrager
>>
>>15069580
FUKUDA NAILED IT WITH CROSS ANGE
>>
>>15069731
>Depending on who you ask, it's also better than G-Reco and IBO.
I'm guessing if the person is a nostalgiafag or a legit pleb then.
>>
>>15069580
It is but it has a very loyal fanbase that standby it and insist that SEED is only bad because of Destiny despite SEED having a metric ton of problems in itself. Its downright unwatchable now do to the dated visuals and the lame characters and storytelling that has essentially been redone to death due to its huge success. If there's one thing SEED does right is the soundtrack which still holds up even today but man if you aren't a disgruntled teenager there really is no point to watching it unless you're a completionist.
>>
>>15071298

You're the only one raging mate. Maybe we actually WANT to talk about the show
>>
>>15069580
It's still the closest we've ever gotten to a modern 0079.
>>
>>15071351
SEE >>15071184, >IS THIS SERIES REALLY BAD? I NEED AN HONEST OPINION BEFORE I WASTE MY TIME

Are you stupid or Blind?
>>
Seed's is at worst horribly generic, both due to later anime copying it and what the show itself ripped off. Fukuda reused stuff from Cyber Formula, UC Gundam, MGS1, as well as wanted it to be like old school super robots. Its not awful or anything, but you can see how it was designed to be a cashcow.
>>
>>15071298
>muh boogeymans
Please go away.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.