[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Jet Stream Attack really as effective as the Black Tri-Stars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: black tristars.jpg (105KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
black tristars.jpg
105KB, 600x900px
Was the Jet Stream Attack really as effective as the Black Tri-Stars made it out to be? The first time we ever see it in use it's easily defeated. Like Amuro had an easier time beating the JSA then he has shooting fleeing unarmed Zakus in the back.
>>
File: 1342965636029.gif (487KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1342965636029.gif
487KB, 200x150px
It was a cool action scene. And it's supposed to illustrate just how badass Amuro's becoming, dodging a triple-consecutive attack.

My question is, how the hell did they come up with the Jet Stream Attack to defeat credible opponents when the GM did not enter service until after all three of them had been defeated? Maybe there is credence to be lent to the theory that the Jet Stream Attack was shit, because it was only actually used against ships and vehicles before Amuro kicked their ass in an actual MS.
>>
>>15064877
>how the hell did they come up with the Jet Stream Attack to defeat credible opponents when the GM did not enter service until after all three of them had been defeated?

Speaking as someone who isn't super well versed in UC supplementary stuff, I have the same question about how Char became known as an ace pilot before ever fighting another MS. Was it shooting down spacecraft? That seems unimpressive if MS had an overwhelming advantage over them.
>>
File: black tri-stars origin.jpg (307KB, 850x1203px) Image search: [Google]
black tri-stars origin.jpg
307KB, 850x1203px
>>15064877
>>15064860
The only thing that the Jetstream attack is meant to do is confuse stationary gunners into thinking there's only one approaching enemy. That and it's three consecutive attacks on an enemy that might only be prepared to defend against a single attack.

As with all silly things, it doesn't really work that way. A single head-on beam shot could have ruined their day.
>>
File: Loum Battle.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Loum Battle.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>15064898
I believe it was volume and speed that made Char famous.

Most MS squads worked as units, attacking a single battleship from multiple angles simultaneously.

Char solo'd each ship he fought, and he attacked precisely enough that he never spent too much time on any one ship. Meaning that while the other squads were just now sinking their first, he had already sunk his second or third.

And going by Origin, Char had engaged and destroyed six battleships in the time it took the Black Tri-Stars to engage and destroy one.
>>
>>15064898
Char got his title by killing several (I forget the exact number, but it was either four or five) Magellans at Loum at record speed. Even given their massive mobility advantage, killing numerous capital ships on your own is pretty fucking amazing.

>>15064910
To be fair, at the time the only things that could mount beam weapons were spaceborne battleships and cruisers. Against which it was far more effective to spread out and use your massive speed and mobility advantage.
>>
>>15064898
Every kill he's made, he's been in a red mobile suit that characteristically moves faster than a standard Zaku. That alone really makes him known to the enemy side and is like propaganda. He's sunk a number of ships by himself and has probably racked up several dozen kills. To be considered an ace you only need a certain number of kills, but Char's surpassed that while being ridiculously flashy about it. In side material Char doesn't even make the top ten list in terms of kill count, but he's flashy and well known enough that it doesn't matter.

Let me put it this way, do you know who the top WWI fighter ace was? Most would say the Red Baron, who famously had a red plane. Fewer people might know his actual name. The Red Baron nickname and red painted plane is easy to remember, though.

Do you know who the top WWII fighter ace was? Most probably wouldn't know the name off the top of their head, and the guy only had a custom logo of a black tulip on his personal plane for a time before having it removed.

In short, the fact that Char's MS had flashy paintjobs and his piloting had other unique characteristics (tends to have higher cruising speed than other MS, also probably kicked off enemies for a boost) made him a lot more memorable in people's minds than most other aces.
>>
>>15064923
>Hartmann
>Not Rudel, the only german ace to get the gold leaves
>>
>>15065276
>Fighter ace
In terms of kill-count though, maybe.
>>
File: Hermann_Göring_ww1.jpg (19KB, 256x424px) Image search: [Google]
Hermann_Göring_ww1.jpg
19KB, 256x424px
>>15064923
I will never forget my favorite WW1 ace
>>
>>15065282
Goring did more harm than good to the Reich.
>>
File: Battle of Mare Smythii.png (483KB, 841x475px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Mare Smythii.png
483KB, 841x475px
>>15064877
this looks like the start of the jet stream attack. even though in this scene, it was completely unnecessary and the opponent was practically defeated by this point
>>
>>15064913
What were they storing on that ship's bridge, nitro glycerine?
>>
>>15064860
the JSA was to show that amuro was beginning to predict/know movements before they happened. leading up to his development as a newtype. There's even the filter and flash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQx3SUkDAN8

I completely forgot the black tri-stars are southern in the dub
>>
>>15067243
It's one of my favorite parts of the dub. I want a spinoff about good ol' boy Tri-Stars outrunning the sherriff in their Doms
>>
File: black tri-stars_2.jpg (368KB, 966x1400px) Image search: [Google]
black tri-stars_2.jpg
368KB, 966x1400px
>>15067295
>them tri-star boys in trouble again
>>
>>15067243
>using a special technique they developed against space fighters which are unwieldy and less maneuverable than MS in-universe

Were they retarded?
>>
File: black tristar pershings.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
black tristar pershings.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.