[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think is the more interesting aesthetic for power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 984981289204.jpg (162KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
984981289204.jpg
162KB, 1280x720px
What do you think is the more interesting aesthetic for power suits in fiction?

>mechanical
>bio-armor
>magitech

Also, is there a difference between power suits and power armor or are they just terminology for the same thing?
>>
>>15062195
power armors are armored powersuits
powersuits are what you wear when you wanna run for president
>>
File: Depends on the setting.jpg (184KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Depends on the setting.jpg
184KB, 1024x768px
>>15062195
>>
File: lex_luthor_warsuit.jpg (30KB, 270x325px) Image search: [Google]
lex_luthor_warsuit.jpg
30KB, 270x325px
>>15062203
Powersuits are what you wear to RUN for president (pic)

Full mecha is what you wear if you want to WIN the presidency
https://youtu.be/_t8hpEKb4gk
>>
File: 95894684387.png (2MB, 1200x688px) Image search: [Google]
95894684387.png
2MB, 1200x688px
>>15062262
Something like the Marvel Universe if you need context.
>>
>>15062298
Action figure Lex is always the worst Lex.
I want evil businessman Lex.
>>
>>15062195
I think magi tech is often stupid, lazy, and very poorly executed. I like when magi tech is actually magical, not poorly explained technology like magic power robots that just can do unthinkable things.

Mechanical is the easiest to right and relate too which is why it's the most commonplace but for power armor I find out boring.

Bioarmor is, in my opinion, the coolest of the three and has the most room to be explored as it's been overlooked a lot.
>>
>>15062337
Agreed, Bio-tech is rarely used so it has unusal options to take advatage of.

Still it pays for the writter to know stuff. I'd rather see a detailed run of the mill mechanical suit, then a cool bio suit with a bunch of hand waving.
>>
>>15062195
God the ending to that series was so fucking stupid and needed better written continuity between games.

Prophet is Prophet, but he's Prophet's brain in Alcatraz's body. But Alcatraz's body is being kept alive by the Nanosuit. But the Nanosuit can divide up its nanomachines now and it morphs itself to look like Prophet. And we just invented the Sci-Fi Matryoshka.
>>
>>15062346
>I'd rather see a detailed run of the mill mechanical suit, then a cool bio suit with a bunch of hand waving
Agreed which is the problem usually with magitech stuff. I've always been fascinated by biological power armor stuff like symbiotes and love when those kinds of powers gets really creative, that's why I always feel the prototype games are severely underrated. I want a story with symbiote style power suits but get actually creative with it, but unfortunately the marvel symbiotes often fall short in the creativity department.
>>
>>15062374
The one I remember is "Generator Gawl" it was not the best, but it was very memorable and good. I loved how they resolved everything in the end, they made the call I would have made which is usual for protagonists.

Also "Bio Booster Armor Guyver" always pops up when talking about bio-armor, but to be honest I never got around to seeing it.

Also hilarious AMV related.
https://youtu.be/KqJ9Bf2MfRY
>>
>>15062337
Absolutely this. Bioarmor is one of the coolest thing ever. I watched all gyvers because of it and was kind of dissapointed. With all the shit it could do, it might as well be magitech. It`s not how I wanted my bioarmors. Also, not enough body horror and psychological torture.
>>
>>15062357
I hate how they retconned the nanosuit to be alien tech
>>
Bulky mechanical power armor a best. I want to see a protagonist in primitive, but well engineered armor driven by high pressure pneumatics powered by two small, lightweight rotary engines in the backpack. Truly, the most pragmatic armor concept possible.
>>
>>15062203
No no, that's powerlawsuits.
>>
File: Guyver_2.jpg (167KB, 1024x1301px) Image search: [Google]
Guyver_2.jpg
167KB, 1024x1301px
>>15062195
Bio Armor, always
>>
File: 21076773_p0.png (782KB, 988x1423px) Image search: [Google]
21076773_p0.png
782KB, 988x1423px
>>15062195
I absolutely adore mechanical exoskelletons, it's sad that you almost never see ones in games or other media that isn't out right a powersuit or a robot

Bit armor is the most interesting one and also allows the most options for the writer, sadly they almost always end up looking like shit you see in a dc comic
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.