[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never come to /m/ so I might be posting this in the wrong place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Zaku-ii-odessa.jpg (2MB, 3100x2209px) Image search: [Google]
Zaku-ii-odessa.jpg
2MB, 3100x2209px
I never come to /m/ so I might be posting this in the wrong place but here goes nothing:

Gundam is cool, and I was wondering if there's a good Gundam series with an emphasize on space combat and large fleets and less about angsty teens. I've seen some clips from something I think is called Gundam: Origin or something like that?
>>
>>15057369
Thunderbolt

It's all space battles, with some cool sniper action as well
>>
>>15057369
>Gundam: Origin
That's a retelling of the very first Gundam show, so it has the same angsty teens.
>>
>>15057377
You've obviously never watched origin
>>
No. That's not what Gundam exists for, and people who ask for such are the biggest headaches Tomino had to deal with. You want to see a fleet battle, watch EP1 of Igloo or the last two of First Gundam.

Gundam is about the devastation war brings to people's lives, and the horrors of unbridled ambition. Not ebin fleet battles d00d. This is why Gundam series generally take place near the end of a war when most of the destruction is already done and the big fleets are broken.
>>
>>15057444

>generally

That applies to 0079 and maybe SEED.
>>
>>15057369
lol no.
The Origin OVA's are about the angstiest teen to ever angst.
>>
>>15057448
And ZZ
And Victory
And (especially) F91
>>
>>15057448
Don't forget 0080 (the best entry)
>>
>>15057369
0083 might have what you're looking for if you can put up with Kou and Nina
>>
>I was wondering if there's a good Gundam series

there isn't
>>
>>15057444
Are there any gundam series that have good /m/echa combat that Tomino hasn't tainted with his edginess?
>>
>>15057716
G Gundam
>>
Okay, OP here, I might have sounded like a retard in the first post but what I perhaps should mean more properly is, a good gundam series more centered on the war aspect. I remember the 8th MS team having a good Militaristic vibe to it. Like, Legend of the Galactic Heroes stuff.
>>
>>15057758
Naaaah not even 08th or 0083 is very militaristic.

Maybe MS IGLOO but even that has some stupid shit like Cima showing up as an angel of death.
>>
>>15057758
nah, it's cool. There's been a lot of aggressive shitposting on this board recently so people get more defensive of their favorite shows.

>>15057792
>Cima showing up as an angel of death

This actually sound pretty cool
>>
File: 1403444057444.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1403444057444.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
>>15057377
>>
>>15057717
G Gundam is good
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.