[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What chances are there for Gaia Gear to be animated as a AU or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 20110411162028dc3.jpg (193KB, 800x572px) Image search: [Google]
20110411162028dc3.jpg
193KB, 800x572px
What chances are there for Gaia Gear to be animated as a AU or retconned into the UC timeline?
>>
>>15056891
only happen if they bring back Tomino

sadly never
>>
>>15056891
There is legal stuff that would make it impossible. Sunrise does not own the rights to GG as far as I know, they had to call all the mecha in Gaia Gear "Man Machines" because Sunrise owns the term mobile suit.
>>
>>15056928
>hey had to call all the mecha in Gaia Gear "Man Machines" because Sunrise owns the term mobile suit.

Bullshit.
>>
>>15056928
Sunrise could easily buy the rights to it. It's not a money-making IP in the slightest so I doubt whoever owns it would ask for much.

The only reason Gaia Gear won't ever be animated is because producers are greedy businessmen and there's no guarantee that an obscure radio drama from the 90s would make them any returns on their investment.

Capitalism is the ultimate enemy of art.
>>
>>15060693

It probably is, but regardless Gaia Gear is a nearly 30 year old novel with little fan support and Sunrise have no incentive to ever make it.
>>
File: 1250525960274.jpg (135KB, 474x726px) Image search: [Google]
1250525960274.jpg
135KB, 474x726px
>>15056891
Its probably a deal like Gundam Sentinel, where Sunrise/Bandai would have to do some legal stuff in order to make a series, so its just easier to make something like Iron Blooded Orphans, where they have total control to make the story and mecha how they want to maximize profits.
>>
>>15060967

This implies that the main thing stopping them from making a Sentinel anime (or Gaia Gear one) is some legal issues. Which isn't true. It's an extra hassle if they wanted to make one, but the main reason is lack of interest, not legal problems.
>>
>>15060987
Did you not read the words "probably" and "easier" in my post? You are an idiot trying to look smart. I said they would "have to do some legal stuff to make the series" I did not say it was stopping them.

Don't say my stuff isn't true when you are making up things I said in my post, autistic idiot.
>>
>>15060987

Saying "probably" and "easier" still makes it seem like they're avoiding making Sentinel or Gaia Gear because of legal problems and not because they just don't want to make them. If they wanted to make them they'd have done so long ago, legal issues or not - because those things are only minor problems all told, and can be easily negotiated or worked around should the interest arise.
>>
>>15056891
Zero to none
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.