[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are serious modern mecha shows often incapable of wrapping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Doamygar_ep_1.png (451KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Doamygar_ep_1.png
451KB, 853x480px
Why are serious modern mecha shows often incapable of wrapping up their plots cleanly, when parodies of mecha built on cliches and stock characters often have strong finishes? Is it because the comedies don't get caught up in the details? Is it because the serious shows try too hard to be novel and write themselves into a corner? Is it because most modern comedy shows with mecha are shorts with a half-hour of combined run time, and therefore don't have much writing to begin with?
>>
>>15046843
It's because the focus is on creating an exciting and crazy beginning, and then running on autopilot for the rest of the show because everyone already bought the merchandise
>>
>>15046843

Modern? Need I point you to Dangaioh?

We have a far higher ratio of shows with endings than we did back in the 80s. Back then it was a miracle if they even got an ending
>>
>>15046961
No everything old is perfect and good.
>>
holy shit hes fucking right
>>
>>15046961
Dangaioh would probably be a 10/10 anime for me if it had a few more episodes.
>>
File: evil coop.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
evil coop.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>15046971
forgot image
>>
>>15046981

but it doesn't. It has three and ends on the worst kind of cliffhanger
>>
>>15046961
This is true, but it doesn't really go against my point.
>>
>>15046999

yes it does. Your point is stupid. It's not MODERN mecha that has the problem.
>>
>>15047011
You said yourself that

>We have a far higher ratio of shows with endings than we did back in the 80s. Back then it was a miracle if they even got an ending

How is it the same thing when modern shows have planned endings, and old shows had to slap together whatever they could when the money dried up? I'm not talking about stuff like space cylinders launching from Peru, I'm talking about stuff where the staff had an outline for the show, made the ending they wanted from that outline, treat it as a definitive ending, and just gloss over stuff that was left hanging in the air because they didn't care about it after they brought it up. That's a modern trend - it has to be, because modern shows are the ones that aren't getting canceled left and right at a moment's notice. Don't flip out on me over whatever old vs. new debate you've got a chip on your shoulder for.
>>
>>15046843
I really enjoyed Doamaiger. The show itself wrapped up fairly well (another episode or 2 would've been nice), but I'd totally love to see more shows follow in its footsteps. Comedy mecha needs to make a true comeback.
>>
>>15047194

because your use of MODERN makes it seem like it's a new issue when old mecha shows had just as much problem ending their shows if they even got endings at all.

fuck look at how many tomino shows that end with "And every body died"
>>
File: You are fired.png (432KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
You are fired.png
432KB, 853x480px
>>15047434
Doamaiger was pretty good. I thought the HD borders were just part of the visual gimmick at first, but the annotations were gold. They were so dry that they circled back around to being hilarious.

Robert... had a hard life.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.