[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don't kill him or you'll become just like him >He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

>Don't kill him or you'll become just like him
>He's a living being just like us
Is being a hero and role model to children a double edged sword?
>>
File: Logic vs Batman.jpg (63KB, 499x514px) Image search: [Google]
Logic vs Batman.jpg
63KB, 499x514px
>>
File: pharma.gif (470KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
pharma.gif
470KB, 400x225px
>>15046089
>>
>>15045806
Not at all
>>
Are there any legitimate circumstances where killing the villain will make you like him?

No cop outs like the villain is possessed and the possessor is just gonna body jump to you when you kill him.
>>
>>15045806
is that fujo?
>>
>>15047896
Well I think its put best in the DC Animated film "Batman under the redhood" essentially for some the moment the kill the villain outright they take the easy route and cant go back from that point they break and start considering murder the best solution for pretty much every villain even the ones that dont deserve it in the end theres no going back and you turn into a monster just like the ones you fight
>>
>>15047896
>>15049886
This is pretty good reasoning. It also is even more relevant with superheroes because of the whole vigilante aspect. Superpowered freaks taking the law into their own hands and deciding to just kill everyone that bothers them makes them actual straight up criminals.

It's doesn't hold up so much in other genres especially when they just cut a swathe of destruction through endless grunts who were probably forced into their jobs through conquest but then stop at the one unforgivable head honcho who clearly made a personal choice of being an asshole and say NO SPARE HIM OR YOU'LL BE A VILLAIN TOO. Like fuck all those other guys right
>>
>>15045806
>kiss
When?
>>
>>15045806
Well the girl certainly had more balls than Kenichi as she shot the bad guy in his neck without hesitation. Too bad she hit his armor and went for another weapon instead of aiming at his face which isn't covered in armor.

>>15049917
Yeah stuff like that makes more sense in superhero stuff than anything else. In Voltes V they're fighting an alien invasion. They are sparing villains who murdered countless innocent people and even took the lives of their loved ones. I guess killing non humanoid aliens is good, but killing humanoid aliens is bad.
>>
>>15045806
I think Rescue Police does this well (aside when Takaku shoved that aside for his PSA about birds), at least in Winspector and Solbrain. The heroes go to great pains not to seriously injure/directly kill anyone and merely arrest criminals, hoping some can get reformed (except if said criminals are huge unrepentant dicks, that is), and sometimes mourn non-humanoid beings as well. One particularly poignant case is Daiki's philosophy clashing against that of a detective who brutally tortures suspects and thinks criminals should just be killed, full stop.
>>
>>15054128
What is rescue police?
>>
>>15054279
A trio of rescue-themed shows from the Metal Heroes franchise.
>>
>>15045806
Yes, it is. That's the price one has to expect to pay to do the right thing. Everything comes at a price, sacrifice is a necessity of gain, and for most that price is too high. You can't blame a person for not wanting to make that sacrifice, but at the same time you can't say it was the right thing to do. Prudent, perhaps, but not morally-correct.
>>
>>15045806
I watched Voltes V a little while back. Fun show.
>>
>>15045806
As long as you're not main character you're okay.

The female member of their team hurled shurikens and shit on many enemies a lot.
>>
I like how in Gatchaman they went through like 2/3 of the series killing Galactor troops by the dozen without really worrying about it before the realization of how many people they've killed started wearing on them.
>>
>>15045806
It's more a question of being coherent with your ideals.
Then again it doesn't matter if you're Polymar, and maiming bad guys for life so that they can only eat soup through a straw on a weelchair for the rest of their days is arguably more satsifying.
>>
>>15047896
If hes a villain only because he killed someone in anger then yes, you'd become just like him if you killed him with hate in your heart
You never seen Return of the Jedi??
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.