[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This may be off topic for /m/'s usual topics but do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: Ichigo.png (70KB, 281x428px) Image search: [Google]
Ichigo.png
70KB, 281x428px
This may be off topic for /m/'s usual topics but do you think that for Tokyo's Olympic opening that they'll have the Latest Kamen Rider and Sentai Team just show up with a coordinated fight scene? Or just have the Original Kamen Rider Ichigo and the GoRangers show up?
>>
No.
>>
No, they'll have the new 1/1 scale Gundam come out.
>>
File: 2020 Olympic Stadium.jpg (162KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
2020 Olympic Stadium.jpg
162KB, 1920x1036px
They seem to already have a handful of widely-recognized pop culture stuff lined up like Pac-Man, Doraemon, and Hello Kitty, so while a lot of cool other things could happen, I wouldn't hold your breath.
>>
>>15040515
They might arrange for some of the torch runners to wear toku costumes.
>>
PACMAN IS JAPANESE??
Holy shit
I assumed it was russian or american like most early famous games
>>
Super Sentai probably, they had more of a global presence in the form of Power Rangers.

If the movie ends up being shit it'd be up to Japan to show America how its done, like Godzilla US vs Shin Godzilla
>>
Is this the autism general thread?
>>
>>15040810
>russian
I can think of one game...
>american
u wot m8. Japan made most of the groundbreaking arcade games. America was still shitting out ball and paddle games when the Japs decided shooting aliens would be more fun. Of course it would make perfect sense to assume Pacman was Japanese, since he is neither a ball nor a paddle.
>>
Odds are they're only going to put up the most recognizable and "classic" Japanese name brand franchises that also happen to be mainstream enough. So, shit like Hello Kitty, Dragon Ball, Gojira, Astro Boy, most of Nintendo's characters, etc. And more local sports flavors like Captain Tsubasa, Prince of Tennis, Initial D, and so on

Gundam, despite its long history, is probably going to be considered too nerdy. Rider and Sentai, despite their even longer histories, are targeted towards children's demographics so also probably not.
>>
>>15040515
No they'll have either a giant Pikachu or Power Ranger instead.
>>
>>15040515
Impossible. Rider doesn't have any global recognition.
The only Tokusatsu franchise with a chance is Godzilla. And just maybe Ultraman.
>>
Considering Shiina Ringo is involved. I'm expecting a Lupin III or Cowboy Bebop.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-12-16-21h44m17s031.png (2MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-12-16-21h44m17s031.png
2MB, 1280x738px
>>15040590
>that filename
They scrapped that design. Though I thought it was funny how the GWM arena in Tiger Mask W was clearly modeled after it.
>>
>>15040590
It would be really funny if they dropped an Akira riff given the special nature the Olympic stadium had, but yeah I expect
>>15043743
>Hello Kitty, Dragon Ball, Gojira, Astro Boy, most of Nintendo's characters, etc
Doreamon seems likely, really anybody that was in the closing video especially.
>>15043757
>The only Tokusatsu franchise with a chance is Godzilla. And just maybe Ultraman.
this
Ultraman seems more likely to me than any specific sentai or bugman.
>>
>implying anything will top the Gundam statue holding the Olympic Flame for the duration of the games in the center of the stadium
>>
>>15045333
>Boner.exe
>>
>>15045333
>Andrew WK comes out of the cockpit singing his cover of Soldiers of Sorrow
>>
File: 2342527678.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2342527678.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>15045346

>Inoue will never perform Ai Senshi in front of the Gundam statue

I hope to attend one of his concerts in heaven one day.
>>
>>15041315
>Super Sentai probably, they had more of a global presence in the form of Power Rangers.
Yeah, in the form of Power Rangers. Nobody outside of Japan gives a shit about Super Sentai. So it makes no sense to showcase Rangers because it'll confuse viewers.

>>15043757
Ultraman is probably the most uniquely Japanese representation of a superhero. It's also arguably their most iconic.
>>
its going to be something pokemon or mario

its not like they will use something actually cool

because muh normalfags and money
>>
>>15045333
Isn't the 1/1 statue supposed to be taken down from GFT soon? Could this be why?

Also, needs a beam torch.
>>
>>15040533
Yes
>>
>>15047851
Maybe
>>
File: 454.jpg (8KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
454.jpg
8KB, 189x267px
>>15040515
i like him
>>
File: 1471657297412.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471657297412.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>15040515
You might get this again
>>
>>15049752
I doubt
>>
File: realgundam1.jpg (171KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
realgundam1.jpg
171KB, 1024x768px
>>15040515
To be honest with the new Gundam anniversary project requesting engineers to make the Gundam move, and the 1:1 model soon to be taken down.

I think Gundam will show up at Tokyo 2020.
>>
>>15050977
>I think Gundam will show up at Tokyo 2020.
Uh, that's literally the entire reason they're taking it down and trying to make it move. That's been a thing since it was announced Tokyo won the Olympic bid.
>>
>>15051038
I haven't heard any official announcement linking the anniversary with the Olympic Games, but if they pull this off. They will beat Beijing's Opening Ceremony in my book.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.