[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leynos bombed hard. At least in the West. Is there any hope for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: Assault suits leynos.png (225KB, 462x412px) Image search: [Google]
Assault suits leynos.png
225KB, 462x412px
Leynos bombed hard. At least in the West. Is there any hope for Mecha series?

Honestly, I can't think of any really successful HD remakes of old games. They always seem rather piddling and never recapture the magic of the originals. A better way for the Assault Suit series to go would be full 3D game as that would seem to be the next logical step.
>>
File: Rock'em Sock'em.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Rock'em Sock'em.gif
2MB, 500x281px
We'll pull though somehow. Mecha might go through a silent period but will return. Giant robots never go out of style.

Have some punching mechs.
>>
File: Mecha games do not sell.jpg (1017KB, 2054x887px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha games do not sell.jpg
1017KB, 2054x887px
>>15038402
>>
>>15038408
Yeah, Battletech got a lot of love on Kickstarter. I think Leynos did poorly because of poor marketing (I didn't see many ads for it and most folks in the US would have remembered it as Target Earth). I think other mecha games will do better.
>>
今のゲーム機は性能が上がっていろんなアクションができるその性能を生かさないてはない
>>
Maybe if they actually put some effort into making a mecha game.
>>
>>15038684
>no Gundam game with Dice-tier graphics and sound ever
Why live?
>>
Didn't we have this thread last week?
Is this a glitch in the Matrix?
>>
>>15038723
Didn't you make that joke last week
Is this a glitch in the shit movie?
>>
>>15038725
God damn it Anon that's the fucking joke.
The first Matrix wasn't terrible, it used its special effects well enough for 2000ish.
>>
>>15038685
>Effort
>Dice-tier graphics and sound
That's not how this works. You can make a very shiny turd with good music, but its still a turd.
>>
>>15038402
nobody knew what it was. there was very little to no advertising for the game. Like, I only found out about it because I saw it on amazon at random.
>>
>>15038454
>Mecha games do not sell.jpg
You got some really poor sales in your meme there, anon
>>
File: I want Pictures.gif (89KB, 600x382px) Image search: [Google]
I want Pictures.gif
89KB, 600x382px
We need to sell more mecha games!
You are the best and brightest the genre has to offer that we managed to find during the coffee break.
Give me ideas! Concepts! Napkin drawings! Notepad doodles! Anything!

You there!
With the face!
What do you think!?
>>
>>15038402

why is /m/ so fucking retarded?

>a game with no advertising failed to get any sales is this the end?!?!

>>15038454
you and this faggot are alike, I like how you didn't add astebreed, orbital gear, or the other TF games to this since it destroys your narrative
>>
>>15038454
Sure a lot of these bombed because they're a pain to play without a controller which alienates a lot of the PC userbase. Shame though cause Steel Strider is fucking awesome.
>>
File: image171.jpg (1MB, 1024x1429px) Image search: [Google]
image171.jpg
1MB, 1024x1429px
>>15041050
we do Exteel again.. but this time... WITH MONEY.
>>
>>15044292
Absolute madman!
>>
But is it good? That's the real question. I saw it at fucking gamestop for 20 bucks on PS4 but if it's like 3 hours long with no variety then I don't want to buy that
>>
Little to none advertising, price is way too high for its content. They have only themself to blame.
>>
>>15041050
Shogo 2 this time it won't be released right before Half-Life and has some actual marketing behind it.

Who am I kidding? the moment it gets announced Half-Life 3 will be announced as well completely killing any chance of Shogo selling any copies.
>>
>>15044327
So true
>>
>>15038454
>Amed Seven
I like him
>>
File: 2814331-asl.jpg (327KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2814331-asl.jpg
327KB, 1280x720px
>>
Dont make the same exact thread with the same exact image just because a month went by. That's annoying, OP
That said, it was on sale for a minute there so I bought it recently. Seems ok, I'm about halfway thru the game. I still think theres a legit shill for this game here.
>>
>>15038485
I do agree that mecha games could be higher quality if thats what you mean. If you mean game consoles performance I'm confused because PC exists.
I'm using google translate so its pretty vague...
But dammit, ive never seen anyone but me attempt to reply to MoonRunes anon
>>
>>15046013
I saw some youtuber rant about how good Shogo is
Is it good because it looks kinda shit even for its era
>>
>>15041064
Hes not retarded he just keeps making this same thread. I think ive seen him make it at least 3 or 4 times since late Spring. I dunno if hes a shill or what
>>
>>15050739
Shogo alternates between kinda fun FPS and utter garbage FPS all the way through.
Most of the giant robot parts are alright, but anything where you're on foot is a mess of quick save spamming insta deaths to enemies who can crit you for some reason.

Shit plot that's wants to be anime so bad, but the game is western 90 PC game to the core from visuals to music to characters to gameplay.
It feels like they completely gave up after paying a jap to do their theme tune.
>>
>>15050739
It's extremely love it or hate it so I won't tell you that it's good but instead recommend you try it yourself and hope you pick the correct side.
>>
>>15038402
found it at gamestop, bought it.

i really need to eat a dick, i should have looked for gameplay online first. I really don't know why the keep tapping dracue for these remakes, the game feels and looks like dogshit. the only thing that looked remotely good was the Leynos.

>dem ugly redrawn enemies
>dem rotating "sprites"
>dat sluggish as fuck punch
>>
>>15038454
Pretty sure they stated EDF on PC sold better than it ever did on console, so I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>15052822

Should have gotten Astro Port.
>>
Why are you making this thread you worthless pathetic autist?
>>
>>15038685
>War Thunder but with the OYW instead of WW2 never
>>
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.