[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who'd win in a space fight? And who'd win in hand-to-hand,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 24

File: vs.png (617KB, 796x400px) Image search: [Google]
vs.png
617KB, 796x400px
Who'd win in a space fight?

And who'd win in hand-to-hand, Chewie or Worf?
>>
>>15034402
Depends on what suit Char has and what Vader's got.
Char in the gelgoog would stomp Vader in the TIE.
>>
>>15034407

You could give Char a red V2 and he still wouldn't have the speed of a TIE, or even really close to it. Plus, he's an experienced, skilled and talented Force user, including reading others in space battle, so Char really doesn't have a hope.
>>
What if it was a 1/20 Char piloting a human sized MS vs Darth Vader in a melee fight?
>>
>>15034468
>You could give Char a red V2 and he still wouldn't have the speed of a TIE

so his main advantage is being able to run away?

an F-22 could beat a tie in a dogfight
>>
>>15034407
>give Char his super custom Gelgoog
>shove Vader in a bog standard TIE instead of his custom TIE Advanced
>>
>>15034485

> so his main advantage is being able to run away

Isn't that Char's special move?
>>
>>15034501

It's a reward tactical advance
>>
>>15034402
With all resources: Vader, Galactic Empire has a bigger fleet and Deathstar beats Colony Laser.

With only personal resources: Char IFF psychic little girls count as personal resources. Vader otherwise as Star Wars tech is stupidly overpowered and his ship has force field shields though probably wouldnt be harder to hit than a bit/funnell and are proof against plasma, laser and solid weaponry. His turbolasers in his TIE Advance could chew through an MS like hot beams through a Zaku.

On foot: Vader force chokes himself a bitch, force beats even element of surprise.

Completely no supplies: Char immediately wins when Vader goes into shock without his Armour.

The most interesting battle would probably be on an Earth-like planet with Char in a mobile suit against Vader on-foot, with both being aware of the others presence. Depending on Char's suit load out and the environment he could even win via splash damage, but in a built up area Vader would probably take it by taking out the MS's legs.
>>
File: ubX0ksN.png (12KB, 457x95px) Image search: [Google]
ubX0ksN.png
12KB, 457x95px
>>15034402
Vader easily, he's not only the better pilot he's also one of the strongest force users so he can crush mechs with the force alone
>>
File: RduxnBe.png (22KB, 529x332px) Image search: [Google]
RduxnBe.png
22KB, 529x332px
>>15034651
He's also way faster

>Obi-Wan was already making that exact move as Anakin spoke. But they were inverted to each other: breaking right shot him one way while Anakin whipped the other. The tri-fighters' cannons ripped space between them, tracking faster than their starfighters could slip.
>His onboard threat display chimed a warning: two of the droids had remote sensor locks on him. The others must have lit up his partner.
>"Anakin! Slip-jaws!"
>"My thought exactly."
>They blew past the tri-fighters, looping in evasive spirals. The droid ships wrenched themselves into pursuit maneuvers that would have killed any living pilot.
>The slip-jaws maneuver was named for the scissorlike mandibles of the Kashyyyk slash-spider. Droids closing rapidly on their tails, cannonfire stitching space on all sides, the two Jedi pulled their ships through perfectly mirrored rolls that sent them streaking head-on for each other from opposite ends of a vast Republic cruiser.
>For merely human pilots, this would be suicide. By the time you can see your partner's starfighter streaking toward you at a respectable fraction of lightspeed, it's already too late for your merely human reflexes to react.
>But these particular pilots were far from merely human.
>The Force nudged hands on control yokes and the Jedi starfighters twisted and flashed past each other belly-to-belly, close enough to scorch each other's paint. Tri-fighters were the Trade Federation's latest space-superiority droid. But even the electronic reflexes of the tri-fighters' droid brains were too slow for this: one of his pursuers met one of Anakin's head-on.

>Both vanished in a blossom of flame.
>>
Vader can apparently choke people from across space so he can just choke char to death in his mobile suit. I think the only way anyone can beat vader is if the force is literally newtype, so Banagher in the unicorn can NTD his ass.
>>
>>15034693

What could the NT-D do? Vader doesn't use any kind of remote weaponry, never mind psycoframe based remote weaponry, so the NT-D couldn't hijack anything.
>>
>>15034661
>light speed

Episode 4 Vader would get his shit wrecked helplessly by any Gundam protagonist or villain.

Re-imagined Star Wars tech is way past what Humans have in Gundam for traveling and Vader would probably be able to shrug off certain ballistics and Kung fu cross kicks from the Gelgoog.

So probably an injured pissed off Char who is locked inside of his mobile suit having a laser sword fight with a sized up Darth Vader mech would be fairest shit.

Worf loses because the Wookie is an adorable space dog people want to see win.
It'd be like asking if Drax would beat Groot
>>
>>15034701
The Unicorn can probably do some UNDERSTANDING shit and make Banagher and Vader go back and relive Anakin's past and then Vader lets Banagher kill him.
>>
>>15034709

The ships in episode IV also have to be travelling at an appreciable fraction of lightspeed given the distances they cover in short order. The power of Star Wars stuff in general definitely rose over time, but the ships were always stupid fast so they didn't have to get faster at all.
>>
>>15034719

Ahsoka wasn't able to sway Anakin despite their shared history so I wouldn't be so sure of that, even putting aside that the Unicorn wasn't the one to do that, but the Neo Zeong. Banana could win if he activated a psycofield, since that's basically a wish granting genie field, but the Unicorn's needs proximity to another field (like the Banshee's) or a dead newtype like Marida to activate, so I doubt it happen.
>>
>>15034402
>space fight?
Vader if he had a mobile suit, any mobile suit. If his Tie's deflector shields work against ballistics then he'd win as well. Otherwise, a mobile suit beats a fighter in a fair fight.

inb4 somebody brings supplementary material stats into it, you don't see these fighters move at ridiculous speed in the movies. They're depicted as slower than real world aircraft, even.

>Chewie or Worf?
Chewie. Even ignoring Wookiee strength Worf's superpower is to job to show how tough the other guy is.
>>
Literally none of you understand how strong Vader is. The movies don't show it. He wouldn't even need a ship. No pilot would stand a chance.
>>
aren't tie fighters slower than modern day fighter jets? or did the new fluff 'fix' that
>>
>>15034989

The movies, and maybe the cartoons are the only things that are canon now. And none of them show Vader having the power to Force kill people in fighter combat. If he could, he wouldn't bother with the guns on his TIE.
>>
>>15034991
it was already faster in old fluff

spacefighters ain't getting anywhere anytime soon if they're limited to 2000kph in space
>>
>>15034402
>Pitting an average plot schemer and average pilot against a mystic magician superman who plays 5D chess with his master/mentor and regarded as one of the best starpilot in the galaxy
>>
>>15035008
There are several canon novels at the moment. In one of them, Lords of the Sith, Vader chokes out enemy pilots, pulls freighters out of the sky when they try to strafe him, and generally does all the horseshit people are talking about in this thread.

In the canon comics, Vader on foot versus a bunch of dedicated bombers and then an army is a one-sided beat-down.

In Rebels dropping an AT-AT on him is a minor inconvenience. (Or was it an AT-ST? One of those.)
>>
File: 1333383011909.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1333383011909.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>15034480
critically underrated post
>>
File: hokuto na char.jpg (80KB, 534x760px) Image search: [Google]
hokuto na char.jpg
80KB, 534x760px
>>15034402
but are we talking regular Char, or Space Black Knight Johnny Destiny The Space Ninja Char?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fFrm9E2nTM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h4Wo8K4dUY
>>
>>15034983

> you don't see these fighters move at ridiculous speed in the movies. They're depicted as slower than real world aircraft, even.

You do actually. They're only slow relative to each other. Even in A New Hope though they blast from a planet out in to space in minutes on sub light alone. Multiple times.
>>
>>15034480
>>15035256

It raises the complex question on whether 1/20 Char would have 1/20th of the intelligence, newtype powers AND most importantly the 3x speed bonus normal Char confers to any red vehicle he rides (It is fair to assume the human-size MS is indeed painted red.)
This kind of consideration has to come BEFORE we actually analyze the pro's and con's of each combatant's setup.
>>
>>15034638

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that we measure the explosions caused by tie fighters and compare them to the damage caused by gundam lasers, we'll find that the mobile suits actually carry more firepower.

The weaponry in Star Wars isn't that impressive.
>>
File: CharmuroRay.webm (580KB, 622x478px) Image search: [Google]
CharmuroRay.webm
580KB, 622x478px
Obviously, the man on the left, Amuro Ray, would win. He didn't get the title of "The Red Comet" for nothing!
>>
>>15034402
>Char against a named character that he's not trying betraying
Vader got this
>>
>>15035729

Having watched some of the Battle of Yavin just a few minutes ago on Youtube I wouldn't be so sure actually, because every time a TIE hits an X-Wing in the battle there's really just sparks and then if the damage is serious enough, or there's enough shots in a short span, an explosion a few seconds later. Which I assume is supposed to be the deflector shields at work. Every time an X-Wing hits a TIE though there's a big explosion. Presumably because they don't have deflector shields to mitigate the damage. So measuring off TIE blasts is probably not the best thing just because most of the damage they cause is downplayed or delayed. You're probably better measuring off an X-Wing, and they destroy TIEs in one hit normally, along with causing big gunnery turret explosions and so on. The damage is probably equal at least to a Gundam rifle or whatever.
>>
>>15035874
TIEs are also shittier than Balls. They're not a good benchmark either.
>>
Sheev makes a Sheev Scheme about making rebellions fight each other and supports Zeon against the Feddies.
Char becomes suspicious that Vader might be Ghiren in disguise and betrays Vader.
Vader falls for it because he's a dummy who falls for keikakus all the time.

Amuro and Luke blow up everything before Vader and Char can come to a head.
>>
>>15035911

I think that's a bit unfair. They're the Empire's mainstay and die quite a bit, but they also shoot down a good few mooks between the various films.
>>
>>15034402
>Chewie or Worf?

Well since Worf exists JUST to job, Chewie wins.
>>
>>15035936
But we know how Chewie does when bad guys from another galaxy show up.
>>
>>15035943
NOT CANON
Yeah I know he gets crushed by a moon. It took a moon falling on him to kill Chewie. Worf doesn't stand a chance
>>
>>15035928
They cost five bucks to make. Their purpose is to be chaff for their carriers and maybe shoot down a fighter or two.
>>
>>15035927

> Char: I'mma betray Vader
> Vader: Your thoughts betray you Char
> Wait, shit, can he read my thoughts!

Char's betrayals worked because no-one he spent personal time with was able to sense his emotions and thoughts. Even the newtypes he hung with didn't seem to be capable of that, though they can do so to at least some degree at least some of the time. Unless Char was just never in direct contact with him it wouldn't work. The Emperor specifically could mask his thoughts to enable plot, but I doubt Char is even aware enough to do it given his inexperience with space magics generally.
>>
>>15035956

Which they do definitely do manage in every battle. It's only in skirmishes with single opponents, like the Falcon that they completely fail.
>>
>>15034402

Char is a lil bitch compared to Vader

Also depends on which Worf were talking about.

DS9 Worf could handle chewie but if its TNG Worf he will get his ass kicked like he always does.

Also it depends if Worf has had his prune juice
>>
>>15035958
Char broadcasts betrayal thoughts so loud and so constantly people just tune it out as background noise.
Like when those guys done goofed at Fukushima when they didn't read their radioactives because they thought the machine was busted but it was megaradioactive.
>>
>>15035958
Luke's thoughts are really easy to hear because he's so whiny.
>>
>>15035974

And Char "still raw about his parents and Lalah a decade later" isn't? He isn't as verbose about it, but he's still an emotional mess who feels all that stuff constantly.
>>
>>15035982
Char angsts a lot but he doesn't go MNYA BUT I WAS GONNA GET SOME POWER RO-ODS
>>
>>15035988

Hence why I said he wasn't verbose about it. He doesn't have to be with someone who can read emotions and thoughts.
>>
>>15035874

Yeah, I'd suggest measuring the damage they do to the ground when they hit something.
>>
>>15036000

Probably nothing most of the time for both, just for the sake of budget.
>>
>>15035997
Luke's thoughts were just like it.
NNNNNyy~ I DONT WANT MY SISTER LEIA TO JOIN VADER mmmm~!
Char's always eyeing people like girlwatching "ooh I could betray the fuck out of that guy over there"
>>
>>15035946
>NOT CANON
>Yeah I know he gets crushed by a moon. It took a moon falling on him to kill Chewie.
Honestly, if you have to kill of a beloved character, I can't think of a more badass way to do it.
>>
>>15034983
in the movies they constantly move at relativistic speeds.

Of course you can't show that to the audience since they need to see the fighters but it's easily seen by the distances they cover, like crossing planets in short amounts of time.

In the comics Vader has ridiculos continental sized force feats and lightspeed too.

Putting Char against him is fucking retarded
>>
>>15034468
If Vader gives Char a videocall, he can easily choke him with the force.
>>
>>15034638
Vader is really fucking slow. You could give him a car to balance things out.
>>
>>15035928
>>15035911
TIEs have superb maneuverability.
>>
>>15035928
The fact is that you rarely see aces in Tie Fighters, while the rebels have a crapton of aces. Maybe it's just because authors want you to root for rebels, but still.
>>
>>15036666

You rarely see them primarily because stories are told from a Rebel perspective and you rarely get an Imperial viewpoint at all.
>>
>>15036697

Also because Imperaisl are routinely portrayed as baby-punching, dog-kicking monsters who are willing to sacrifice their own men by the score to prove a point, and now there are no counterpoints because the handful of stories that depicted sympathetic Imperials in the EU effectively don't matter.
>>
i yearn for a star wars ova
>>
File: Fuk_U_Shima.png (228KB, 301x500px) Image search: [Google]
Fuk_U_Shima.png
228KB, 301x500px
>>15035967
>Like when those guys done goofed at Fukushima
>>
>>15034402
You know Vader can crush a Mobile Suit with his mind right?
>>
File: 1272945692409.jpg (78KB, 448x449px) Image search: [Google]
1272945692409.jpg
78KB, 448x449px
>>15034480
Gundams don't have the Force so it'd pretty much be a no-contest.

Hell, Vader's student was able to drag a star destroyer out of the sky with the force, Vader could probably beat most low-grade MS without them being scaled down to his size.
You'd probably need some heavy-duty Newtype shit like Sazabi and Nu Gundam to beat a talented Force user.
>>
>>15038321
>Hell, Vader's student was able to drag a star destroyer out of the sky with the force
Not canon.
And dead newtypes pushed a falling astroid back into orbit.
>>
File: 1376020590831.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1376020590831.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>15038324
>Not canon.
I thought every piece of Star Wars media was canon.

>>15038324
>And dead newtypes pushed a falling astroid back into orbit.
Yeah but was there ever a time in which Char exhibited abilities that could rival the force? Because this thread is about Char.
He peaked with Sazabi and even then he and Amuro didn't have over-the-top psychic powers like the force.
>>
>>15038324
>Not canon.
Luke lifting his ship out of a swamp is canon, and that was when he was a scrub still being trained by Yoda.
Even if that shitty game isn't canon it's not hard to imagine that powerful characters like Vader, Obi-Wan and Yoda are capable of holding off a MS with the force.
>>
>>15038328
>Yeah but was there ever a time in which Char exhibited abilities that could rival the force? Because this thread is about Char.
It's also about Darth Vader, who has never done anything more incredible than choke a guy from across a room.

>>15038336
>Luke lifting his ship out of a swamp is canon
That was Yoda, who was a jedi master and once more or less the head of the entire temple.
>>
>>15038347
>That was Yoda, who was a jedi master and once more or less the head of the entire temple.
Yes? And? It's proof that the force can handle ships and mecha.

There is nothing to indicate that Char is capable of anything he didn't do on-screen. Vader has a lot more implied power that we simply don't see.
>>
>>15038347
>who has never done anything more incredible than choke a guy from across a room
He choked a guy through a video call.
>>
>>15038360
>Yes? And? It's proof that the force can handle ships and mecha.
So why didn't Vader just force slap all the X-Wings into the sides of the trench and finish the whole film franchise there?
>>
>>15038347
The comics, cartoons and books are ALL canon and Vader has performed feats more powerful than what Amuro did with the help of all humanity.

Gundam fanboys are retarded, Darth Vader is way more powerful than any Gundam with the force alone, he is also way more faster and his precog had him reacting to lightspeed.

Star wars characters are just way more powerful, and you don't want to put Luke in here that has retarded star level and FTL feats in comics.
>>
>>15038563
>The comics, cartoons and books are ALL canon
This is wrong.
>>
>>15038569

I imagine he means the ones published under Disney's umbrella, rather than everything ever published going back to the 80s.
>>
>>15038563
Wait when did Vader pull off an axis shock in material that's not been Disnicided?
>>
>>15038588

Why does it matter frankly? Char didn't pull one off alone, so checking to see if Vader did in the last two years or whatever new canon covers is pretty pointless. Char needed Amuro, two machines who amplify newtype power and at least a few dozen people all concentrating on the same thing to pull it off. None of which are available in single combat.

If you really want to give Char an overwhelming chance, them put him in the Neo Zeong. It's pyscoshard doesn't need any of that to be used and is apparently just a wish granting machine. The Force might allow an enemy to stand up to it, but there's nothing I can think of to base the idea they could on and all the physical superiority in the world doesn't matter if your opponent can just shut you down or kill you with a wish.
>>
>>15038321
Someone doesn't know about newtype space magic
>>
>>15038829

Most newtype space magic is either because of the interaction between a dead newtype and a living one, with the dead one being implied to be the source of the magic or needs technological assistance in the form of psycoframes along with multiple newtypes. Judau is one of the only exceptions, since he's assembled the ZZ through newtype magic and no technology. Kamille should be too, but that was retroactively changed to a technological explanation via biosensor. Though what was the extent of his newtype space magic discounting ghost newtypes actually? He made a giant beam saber at least. There's probably other stuff I'm forgetting.
>>
>>15034402
Chewie for both. Wookies are known to rip limbs out of sockets and Chewbacca has been co-piloting the Falcon for years.
>>
wasn't char inspired by vader?
>>
>>15036374
They only cross planets when going into light speed.
The comics aren't canon if they conflict with what's seen in the movies.
>>
>>15039832

Not really, no. You can't traditionally cross a planet at lightspeed or FTL. Or even get close to one because of the mass shadow of it's gravitational well. Ships don't accelerate to light speed till they're outside a planetary body in the movies, with Rogue One being the only exception in the films to my knowledge.
>>
>>15039832
The Falcon flies from Hoth to Bespin in a matter of days at most in Empire.
>>
File: Darth-Vader-vs-Ezra.jpg (66KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Vader-vs-Ezra.jpg
66KB, 1400x700px
>>15038578
And they've been pretty consistent at keeping Vader threatening. Best most characters can do is stall him and run like hell.
>>
File: Darth Vader (2015-) 015-014.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader (2015-) 015-014.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>15039906

Having just read through the Vader series because of this thread I'm just going to post a few select pages from the comic. It's mostly from the Vader down event. It's a pretty fun comic.

1/14.
>>
File: Darth Vader (2015-) 015-015.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader (2015-) 015-015.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>15039976

2/14.
>>
File: Darth Vader 013-002.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader 013-002.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>15039980

3/14.
>>
File: Darth Vader 013-003.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader 013-003.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>15039983

4/14.
>>
File: Darth Vader 013-004.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader 013-004.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>15039985

5/14
>>
File: Darth Vader 013-005.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader 013-005.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>15039987

6/14
>>
File: Darth Vader 013-006.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader 013-006.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>15039990

7/14
>>
File: Darth Vader 023-011.jpg (2MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader 023-011.jpg
2MB, 3975x3056px
>>15039992

8/14
>>
File: Darth Vader 023-017.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Darth Vader 023-017.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>15039993

9/14
>>
>>15039994

10/14
>>
>>15039997

11/14
>>
>>15039998

12/14
>>
>>15040003

13/14
>>
>>15040005

14/14

This is all apparently canon, since it's from the Marvel Vader comic. Whether you want to count it or only stick to the movies regardless of that, is of course, completely up to yourself. I would imagine Lucas would approve of this kind of thing and would have done it himself if he'd been telling this kind of story and either imagined it, or had it suggested, since he appears to like big action set pieces- but limitations in his own imagination and the technology of the late 70s/early 80s would appear to be one of the main reasons he didn't, along with preferring to put character drama above action. I'd count them because I think they're both something he'd approve of canon personally.
>>
>>15034638
>On foot: Vader force chokes himself a bitch, force beats even element of surprise.

>implying that element of surprise would do anything for Char

The fucker got the jump on Amuro and shot him from behind in Texas colony and still managed to job harder than ever before.
>>
>>15035553
>Space Black Knight Johnny Destiny The Space Ninja Char?
>Char
That's Amuro.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.