[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did "Doan's island" get removed but not this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (862KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
862KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>15032472
The one with the kids and the bombs? Didn't important things happen in it? In any case I was surprised they left it pretty much untouched in the movie.
>>
>>15032472

Because unlike many of the earthside episodes this one actually has significance to the plot.

Critically, Sayla and Char cross paths, Mirai intervenes but Sayla acts like it was a surprise. Its implied later that Mirai reports this to Bright who starts having doubts about Sayla.

Char and Amuro fight and for the first time Amuro is basically holding his own. After this Char keeps Lalah nearby.
>>
>>15032502
Acguy showed up for the first time I think.
>>
>>15032472
Apparently the animation was up to snuff. The kids are comedy characters, so I'm sure those eyes are supposed to be crossed as a gag.
>>
>>15032472
>Doan
>removed

I'd be less mad about this if he'd ever show up in G Gen outside of Advance. They did a whole series about MS martial arts and he's only interacted with them once. Fucking travesty.
>>
>>15032472
>How did "Doan's island" get removed but not this episode?

Because then Gundam-tards would be complaining that Tomino took out the bomb episode and yada yada yada. You know how this shit goes.
Tomino is the creator, he decides what is made available and what is not. You don't like it, make your own damn fucking mecha anime.
>>
>>15032746
>Apparently the animation was up to snuff. The kids are comedy characters, so I'm sure those eyes are supposed to be crossed as a gag.
It's done on purpose. She has one eye on each bomb. She clearly has a newtype level of situational awareness! I would watch the shit out of a show starring klutzy grown up Kikka piloting gundams.
>>
File: image.png (825KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
825KB, 1024x768px
>>15032746
>Apparently the animation was up to snuff.
>>
>>15032472
>How did "Doan's island" get removed
Tomino has a grudge against the director of that episode. When asked why, Tomino will only respond "He knows what he did..."
>>
>>15032472
>t. Zeek upset that Zeon was outsmarted by literal children
>>
>>15034519
and that was what
>>
>>15034562
Apparently no one but Tomino knows. All we do know is that it isn't because of the animation and might not even be because of the plot. It may be some element of the story that Tomino said "we're not going to do that" and the guy did it anyway, or it may be some personal beef between them that has nothing to do with the episode at all. Tomino ain't talkin.
>>
Doans island episode director and Tomino had a personal beef, thats why
>>
>lets take out all the parts where the kids were actually useful
Why anon why
Your dumb
>>
>>15034861
Then why was it in the japanese boxset then
>>
>>15034887
It was?
>>
It is a travesty that Doan's Island got removed. It is a great episode.
>>
>>15034519
there's no basis to this because it's still kept in the japanese releases.

Rightstuf's recent interview said the reason it was removed from all Non JP releases is because Tomino didn't want it it to be seen by audiences outside Japan.
>>
>>15035178
It is. We even got the BD version subbed by EG and OZC.
It as removed only from foreign releases.
>>
Fun fact: Doan's Island was even dubbed with the rest of the series to be shown on Toonami.

Someone has mentioned here before that the Wikipedia dates are inaccurate and that it made it to air during its first run, but I recall a recent interview mentioning that it never aired because the decision was made to pull it from the home video release.
>>
>>15034519
>Tomino has a grudge against the director of that episode. When asked why, Tomino will only respond "He knows what he did..."

Well if it's petty revenge it didn't go so well for the Japanese boxset since that one includes the episode in question. On the other hand outside of Japan Tomino got the upper hand so no Doan's island for the rest of us. Not that it really matters, the episode was effectively shit. So it's no great loss either way.
>>
>>15035440
>it was removed from all Non JP releases is because Tomino didn't want it it to be seen by audiences outside Japan.

Which is such a stupid answer. So Tomino the creator of Gundam is ok with showing a shit episode to the Japanese but not the foreigners ? Does that mean the japs can't distinguish shit from shinola ?
>>
>>15035548
Tominio's actual reason for why he doesnt want foreigners to see it has never been legitimately or officially stated. Anon saying it has low quality work or there was staff drama are all just rumors because neither tomino nor sunrise have gone beyond "because he said so"
>>
>>15035559
>Tominio's actual reason for why he doesnt want foreigners to see it has never been legitimately or officially stated. Anon saying it has low quality work or there was staff drama are all just rumors because neither tomino nor sunrise have gone beyond "because he said so"

I'm would be ok with whatever reason Tomino invokes insofar as both Japanese audiences and foreign audiences are treated the same.
But that is not the case is it ? So the reason can't be "quality issues" or something analogous. So the reason has to be along the lines of "I'll make the guy resposable for the episode pay because revenge and yada yada yada....". Now that would make sense. Maybe Japanese law doesn't let him do it in Japan but for overseas release he can. So we got the double standard. I think (even if it's not confirmed) the most likely explanation. Tomino is human after all. I suppose he worked with shit people, people that backstabbed him etc... and that's his way of getting back at them.
>>
>>15034869
*You're

>hurrr look how smart I is and everybody else not
>>
>>15035578
It's because he thinks native fans have seen Gundam on TV and know every episode and they wouldn't like it but few gaijins would know to complain, you dummy.
>>
>>15035727
>It's because he thinks native fans have seen Gundam on TV and know every episode and they wouldn't like it but few gaijins would know to complain, you dummy.

Bullshit. Gundam was broadcast in Italy in the early eighties and they still got shafted for that specific episode in the home video release.

I still think the whole issue around Doas island has nothing to do with quality. But of course we will never really know one way or the other because of corporate political correctness. Can't have Tomino badmouthing someone at Bandai or Sunrise.
>>
>>15035749
Well we're not talking about nobodycaresabout Italy are we.
>>
>>15035548
>Tomino the creator of Gundam is ok with showing a shit episode to the Japanese
He hates people so much, maybe he thinks Japs deserve it?
>>
>>15034179
Amuro was testing the v-fin detector, it turns red when sensing danger but he decided that it was ultimately a useless tool
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.