[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to give this a read given how hard everyone praises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Crossbone gundam vol 4 cover.jpg (616KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone gundam vol 4 cover.jpg
616KB, 800x1200px
I decided to give this a read given how hard everyone praises it and I was disappointed.
I'm not saying it wasn't an entertaining read. It's just that it was, how to say it, childish. The shitty art didn't help things.
>>
File: [Nyoro~n]SkullHeart004-005.jpg (1MB, 1666x1200px) Image search: [Google]
[Nyoro~n]SkullHeart004-005.jpg
1MB, 1666x1200px
>>15025758
FUCK YOU
>>
File: Crossbone MA.jpg (719KB, 1456x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone MA.jpg
719KB, 1456x1092px
>>15025758
>I'm not saying it wasn't an entertaining read
>It's just that it was, how to say it, childish.
this is what every says it is more less. Its a fun easy read with robot gundams and a crazy villain thats all it is.
>>
File: rear shrikes.jpg (155KB, 927x602px) Image search: [Google]
rear shrikes.jpg
155KB, 927x602px
It's definitely very linear, but for a Gundam story, it had just the right amount of action, drama, and space pirate shenanigans. You'll come to appreciate this more when you realize that the other Crossbone stories are not as good as the first one.

As for the shitty art, I never really had a problem with it for the first 3 stories. The mechs looked good for action scenes, the characters were fairly expressive, and the story was pretty easily portrayed in whole. It gets a whole lot worse later on, admittingly, but godddamn I'm still into the series for the wrong reasons.
>>
Remind me again what the villain's motive was. EF forced him to marry some woman he didn't love for diplomatic reasons, but he eventually fell in love with her anyway, except she happened to die due to a space cold or some shit, so he got butthurt and wanted to destroy the Earth?
>>
>>15025786
meh
good enough for gundam
>>
>>15025786
We have to admit that's actually vaguely more sensible than Char's idea to have humanity leave the earth in order to save the earth by destroying most if not all of the earth.

CCA jumped the shark so hard that even Hasegawa's silliest shonen trope romanticist ideas make sense in hindsight.
>>
>>15025780
>It's definitely very linear
Huh? Are there CYOA manga or something?
>>
>>15025819
Have you read any of Hasegawa's gundam works? They have several key hallmarks:
>80's shonen art style
>romantic ideals
>essentially the same idealistic hero's journey plotline each time with different characters and mecha, yet succinct and not particularly drawn out

Hasegawa is at once a bad and great manga-ka. He has strengths and weaknesses but they oddly jive well within their own scope. Conversely, his strongly identifiable style is hit or miss, ESPECIALLY with how Saturday Morning Cartoon-y he can get with his original mecha designs (his Full Bullet Zaku was silly as fuck, yet cool in its own right).
>>
>>15025758
Has the most cookie cutter villains in Gundam, ever.
>>
>>15025758
What's wrong with something being childish?
>>
>>15025918
Nothing. It's just that I was expecting a war drama of sorts, like the original Gundam.
Instead I got shonen.
>>
>>15025949
You got Hasegawa'd, more accurately. It happens until you recognize his works by instinct after the first.
>>
>>15025949
>s expecting a war drama
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtRtaMWoYxM

I love this "Opening"
>>
>expecting war drama from literal toy commercials like Gundam
Some of you are the most pathetic individuals to ever live
>>
>>15026123
Man, Hasegawaface does NOT transfer well into the animation medium.
>>
>>15025949
>It's bad because it wasn't what I wanted it to be.
Why do people keep concluding this with fiction? I mean, if it disappointed you because you expected something else then fine, but it's not as if anyone ever said it was a war drama and misled you.

Why do people so often have trouble judging a work for what it is rather than what it isn't?
>>
>>15026686

> if it disappointed you because you expected something else then fine

>>15025758

> I was disappointed.
> I'm not saying it wasn't an entertaining read.
>>
>>15025815
>CCA jumped the shark so hard
Reminder that its animation of only the third act of an untranslated novel
And even without that Novel, Chars motivations and the purpose of Quess is pretty clear to every non-autist and non-retard
>>
>>15026705
It's a fair cop. Though if I was to split hairs I might point out that considering something an entertaining read in no way prevents some people from declaring a work to be bad, usually because they feel like they have to save face somehow if they admit to actually *enjoying* a work of fiction.
>>
>>15025786
Crux had her killed. Her arrival and Bernadette's birth threaten to make him soft and in the Jupiter Empire you can't be soft. He wanted to be able to destroy Earth, and having a family gets in the way.
>>
>>15026191
>literal toy commercials
Name one mecha series that isn't.
>>
>>15025780
Mmm, chicks in pilot suits groping each oth--
>rear shrikes.jpg
Wait, what? There was a Shrike Team before Victory? Please tell me they don't all die.
>>
>>15028178
Yup, they're part of the gang in Crossbone Ghost. As far as I know, they survived.
>>
>>15027382

It's always seemed a kind of silly argument to me, if for no other reason that almost all fiction of any kind is advertising something. Even if it's only itself, because the creator wants you to pay him to experience it. Even paintings, statues etc. were often created on commission, with someone paying the artist to experience their art. That doesn't take away from the art itself. You can still see whatever you want in it, even if the artist/creator never intended what you see.
>>
>>15028178
>There was a Shrike Team before Victory?

Doesn't Crossbone Ghost occur at the same time as Victory? As a secret behind-the-scenes of who actually saved the world and beat Zanscare.
>>
>>15028516
Apparently so.

Well, whatever, I'm just glad some of those beauties survived. Seriously, the Shrike Team's turnover rate was fucking absurd.
>>
>>15028178
Miraculously those three actually survive.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.