[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Zeeks are based of WW2 Wehrmacht uniforms what are the Feddies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 13

File: file.png (101KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
101KB, 218x218px
If Zeeks are based of WW2 Wehrmacht uniforms

what are the Feddies designs based off of? And why not design a IJA mech?
>>
File: file.png (742KB, 564x785px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
742KB, 564x785px
Something like pic related
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 500x447px
>>15021049
Zeon are not based on nazis, Tomino and Yasuhiko have said this a million times.

Zeon represents imperial Japan, the earth federation represents modern Japan.

Most of Zeon's uniforms look literally nothing like WWII German uniforms, they're inspired by older, 1800's and early 1900's shit, the word Prussians get's thrown around a lot in interviews.

What little nazi symbolism does exist in Zeon tends to be used in a purely stylistic way rather than having an intended meaning, like how Evangelion isn't actually about religion.

Their helmets are not stahlhelms, they resemble various other countries helmets from around the same time, from Bulgaria, Switzerland, and the Soviet Union in particular.

Zeon mobile suits don't resemble nazi military tech at all, the sort of curved, cast metal parts seen on their mobile suits resemble American and Soviet tanks, especially Soviets.
The E.F.'s suits actually look more like humanoid panzers.

Many of the weapons used by Zeon have distinctly Soviet(zaku machine guns) or American(Pump action shotgun) designs.

Zeon's use of bulky axes and the club-like gouf swords as melee weapons is supposed to look foreign and represent the barbarity of imperial Japan, whereas federation suits use honorabru space beam katanas.

Zeon are space imperial Japan, or if anything besides that, space commies.

STOP PUSHING THIS MEME THAT ZEON ARE NAZIS.
>>
File: file.png (650KB, 760x1100px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
650KB, 760x1100px
>>15021109
Look at the color
Look at the Stalhelm!

Compare it to a IJN or IJA uniform.
>>
>>15021109
Yet you're forgetting about 90mm SMG, which resembles german guns, Zeon Luger-type pistol, Bernie's Walther, some 0079 infantry guns resembling MP-41.
And StG-44 with soviet GP-25 on Geara Zulu
>>
>>15021109
They might be based on imperial Japan, but aesthetically they're Nazis.

Also Gihren's master race thing.
>>
>>15021049
>>15021114
YAS already said in a article for some magazine in the 80's or 90's that he based Zeon uniforms in 19th century prussia. And indeed Zeon uniforms, and names, in the original series of 79 resemble little to nothing with german WWII uniforms.

Politically, and in other points, they also resemble alot Imperial Japan; they are a militaristic familiar dictatorship based in territorially small country, compare Zeon colonies with the Japanese islands, that are never invaded during the war.

The fact that almost all the other designers that worked in Gundam since War in the Pocket are a bunch of WWII military hobby fags, and especially what touches german WWII military, very popular among otakus already in the 80's, and so, designed Zeon appearance more in the lines with the wehrmacht does not change the fact that originally Zeon was not made to and didn't resemble nazi germany.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 566x800px)
image.jpg
126KB, 566x800px
>>15021114
Unicorn is trash and new, it doesn't count.
It's bad writing and bad mecha design don't change the original intentions of the creators.

I'll give you most of those but the 90mm SMG honestly doesn't look that much like an MP-40 to me, the barrels just have such drastically contrasting appearances, and it's from an OVA anyways, not Tomino/Yasuhiko lore, for that matter damn near all the Wehraboo pandering weapons are from OVAs.

My point still stands that Zeon are not supposed to be space nazis, that only became a thing due to Yutaka Izubuchi and Hideaki Anno completely missing most of the symbolism behind Zeon and designing them to have lots of nazi shit.
>>
>>15021149
Forgot to tag >>15021120
>>
Point taken.
I'll stop calling Zeon Space Nazis and start calling it space imperial Japan.

Al least the MSG one.
>>
>>15021120
>Zeon Luger-type pistol
Just about that but the japanese nambu pistol is pretty much exactly like a luger (looks wise only of course). Besides, the luger is a pre-WW1 gun.
>>
>>15021188
The bolt was moving like the Luger's, not like Nambu 14.
>>
File: 26070477.jpg (3MB, 1500x3887px)
26070477.jpg
3MB, 1500x3887px
Feddie uniform resembles turn-of-the-century IJA uniform a lot
Especially the unique IJA red-gold shoulder insignia
>>
File: Zeonicflag.gif (7KB, 336x216px)
Zeonicflag.gif
7KB, 336x216px
>>15021109
While Zeon definitely do borrow elements from non-Germanic entities, it is absolutely foolish to deny that the majority of Zeon aesthetic is not Nazi/Prussian.

You really need to learn to just deal with it.
>>
>>15021270
>the majority
No.
>>
>>15021268
1906 and 1930 are best.
>>
>>15021270
One the most importants points that I and the anon that you replied we are trying to show, is that this was not the point and idea of the the original series and his creators, it is a product of later entries and by different people.

Let's take the original series 0079, think about the Zeon names of the Mobile Suits/Mobile Armors and characters; On the mechanics side, nome of the suits or armors have a germanic names; in the characters side, with few exeptions, like Gihren or Ral, it is the same, there is no prevalence of germanic names. Nor the appearance of the suits or their weapons; like the Zaku 120mm machine gun, both Zeon bazookas of the original series or the cracker grenades, resemble german WWII stuff.

It is with War in the Pocket that the "nazification" of Zeon starts; it is when their uniforms start adding stuff like M43 field cap copies, it is when their weapons start resembling german weapons, like new designs of bazookas and granades, and when german names, for both Suits and persons, like Kämpfer and Jäger, or Andy Strauss, Steiner Hardy or Von Helsing, started popping up. And only increased from here.

Even the flag you posted is a version of the Zeon flag that only started appearing around the 80's and 90's and which I don't remember ever been shown in the original series.

Did I made our point more clear? Nobody refutes the tons and tons of germanic and nazi WWII names and aesthetics that Zeon have, hell, how could we when IGLOO exists? Our point is that that didn't exist and was not the intention with Zeon in the original series of 79.
>>
>>15021234
Checked this and you're right, my bad.
>>
>>15021109
>Zeon are not based on nazis, Tomino and Yasuhiko have said this a million times.
>Zeon represents imperial Japan, the earth federation represents modern Japan.
Source?
>>
>>15021343
Nigger please, even Gihren compares himself with Hitler.
>>
>>15021280
1930 looks like WWI russian uniform
>>
File: vlcsnap-00086.png (342KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-00086.png
342KB, 640x360px
In my mind, the shift to Nazi wasn't about the show's producers changing their minds about how Zeon should look. It makes more sense if it's a story-driven change.

As the story progressed, and Zeon went from being a republic to being a dictatorship, the Nazi aesthetic started being pushed by Gihren more and more. This explains why they weren't there in the beginning, and why they appeared later.

In Origin, you see the cadets wearing uniforms that look a lot more like Feddie uniforms, except green. To me, this common heritage and later divergence during the conflict makes perfect sense within the story.

It actually mirrors Germany's transition from the Weimar Republic to Nazi Germany story-wise, but not aesthetic-wise. So I would say yes, they're based off the Nazis, but it takes a while for the aesthetics to catch up.
>>
>>15021363
Isn't it more like his father compares him to Hitler when talking to him?
>>
>>15021109
You can't deny though that there ARE some aspects of Nazi Germany in Zeon. Namely the whole 'Sieg Zeon!' thing as well as the Gihren-Hitler comparison (not to mention Gihren;s love of eugenics and his 'Zeon is the Master Race!' rhetoric).

Even Yas played up some of the Nazi Germany aspects of Zeon in Origin, like having Gihren heading some Nuremberg-style rally.
>>
>>15021575
But is it truly anything other than aesthetics? As far as actions, persons and events go it does more closely relate to imperial japan.
>>
>>15021114
>Look at the colorLook at the Stalhelm!Compare it to a IJN or IJA uniform.

You dummy dummy dummy. For pete's sake the picture you posted is a design that belongs to what Gundam Unicorn ? An ova that was made 30 fucking years after Gundam 0079. And you want to use this to contradict what the poster right above you said ? Dummy dummy dummy.
In Tomino's Gundam Zeon are Imperial Japan. There is no question about it you fucking retard.
As always what Sunrise/Bandai do with Gundam has nothing to do with the way Tomino views it.
Nowadays Zeon is cool because of stupid fans worshipping these idiots. But for Tomino Zeon is and always will the be the dark soul of Japan.
Moden Imperial Japan.
>>
File: 1479529580898.png (481KB, 856x482px)
1479529580898.png
481KB, 856x482px
>>15021411
>>
>>15021049
>IJA mech
Here you go.
>>
>>15021109
> ... like how Evangelion isn't actually about religion.

Not about religion except for the bit where the entire story focuses around explaining where the modern religion mythos originated from

, along with the explanation of humanities origins

, and then the replay of REVELATIONS at the end of the original arc.

other than that, it's not actually about religion.

Now that i've had a chance to think about what you said, excuse me while I go watch my Nazi propaganda -- pic related.
>>
Prussian=/=Nazi
For one, many Nazis although they wanted to be Prussians were in fact Austrians, Hitler being one of them. Old family Prussians did not like Hitler either, and there are notable examples of Nobles who were antagonistic towards Hitler, with many of the plots to assassinate Hitler being concocted by Prussian nobility (50% of the collaborators were Prussian nobles). But now everyone associates Prussians with Nazis.
>>
>>15022455
>Shiranui

Ahistorical.
>>
>>15022516
I mean, I'm pretty sure we didn't fight aliens on the moon in the 60s either.
>>
File: 814d331f698b.jpg (24KB, 640x547px)
814d331f698b.jpg
24KB, 640x547px
>>15022632
I bet you don't even remember when they found the Bandora Palace
>>
what is the alt right of gundam
>>
>>15022760
Cosmo Babylonia
>>
>>15022760
Neo-Zeon.
>>
>>15021583
I'd say it's more than mere aesthetics. There really isn't a figure comparable to Gihren on Imperial Japan's side.
>>
>>15022644
Zeon is like a Disneyland
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.