[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how much of a Zaku I pilot's forward view is obscured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: zakui.jpg (17KB, 300x429px) Image search: [Google]
zakui.jpg
17KB, 300x429px
So, how much of a Zaku I pilot's forward view is obscured by that bar?
>>
>>15010762
Close an eye, and put your finger, say...three inches away, and hold it in front of your eye like it lines up with the bar, and I'd say about that much.
>>
>>15010762
None because the monoeye obviously isn't the only camera, just the biggest and best one.
Whatever it can't see will be filled in by the smaller cameras all around the suit.
>>
>>15010762
zaku eyes are just aesthetics i guess
>>
It's like you didn't watch enough muh mecha animes. The second the hatch is closed, the pilot can clearly see 360° around as if he's floating on height of the cabin and there wasn't any robot except for its controls to begin with.
>>
>>15010886
Actually this is false because the 360º panoramic cockpits were not introduced until the time of the Gundam ALEX. Although I do get the point you were trying to make.

The way I always saw it, the zaku literally just needs to turn its head a few degrees right or left and the eye will see fine. Plus, all the other cameras as >>15010823 said.
>>
>>15010962
Just because panoramic displays didn't exist yet doesn't mean that they only used one camera. It just means that you had to switch between them manually instead of them all always being present.
>>
>>15011263
>>15010962
Remember when the Zeong shot off the Gundam's head and Amuro said "that's nothing you just took out the main camera".

MS usually have tons of secondary cameras and sensors.
>>
I would assume there are other, smaller cameras on the eye's track in the head. The monoeye is just kind of a signature Zeon suit thing.
>>
>>15011755
The monoeye probably has better sensors to see things in space at great distance. Because of its mobility i'd say it has greater capabilities than the gundam's main cam.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.