[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"What did they mean by this?" Let's have a thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

"What did they mean by this?"
Let's have a thread to celebrate tomino-isms, as well as other moments of stilted dialogue and weird situations that inevitably pop up in /m/ shows.
>>
Here's another "what did he mean by this?" moment from Zeta.
>>
>>15009525

Reccoca is actually showing her knowledge of 9th wave feminist theory. The concept "woman" is defined as the lesser negation of the concept "man", an idealized construct used to privilege certain behaviors and bodies which satisfy the conditions needed to maintain the Patriarchy. Anyone who does not fit into the roles suitable for taking a leading role in perpetuating the patriarchy is de facto "a woman", even if we call them something else. Reccoca realized that Char's newtypeism does not help destroy the patriarchy, but if ascendant, will in fact just replace one patriarchy with another. Thus she rejected the AEUG and joined Scirroco, because he wants a feminist matriarchy to replace the current order.

People don't realize that the whole Scirroco Titan's faction was actually a feminist millitia. Mour did'nt agree with them because she had internalized misogyny, so she stuck with Jerid - an agent of the Titans Patriarchy, and tried to help him succeed, staying as his subordinate and letting him oppress her with his pompadour.

>>15009547
Yazan was just expressing his sexuality, don't be a bigot.
>>
>>15009870
>showing her knowledge of 9th wave feminist theory
And you're showing your ignorance of etymology.
>concept "woman" is defined as the lesser negation of the concept "man",
This is patently false.

"Man" comes from the latin "Humanus" meaning "of the earth". The two gender-specific iterations were wereman and wiffman. "Woman" is a corruption of "Wiffman" (literally "wife man") and "Wereman" simply fell out of use. The only surviving use of the prefix "were" in the lexicon is "werewolf" (literally "male wolf").
Woman is not a negation of the concept of man, it is a subset of it. And hilariously, when modern feminists spell it "womyn" to omit the "man" syllable, they're not removing the word-part that means "male", they're removing the word-part that means "human".

Google' it, I'll wait.
>>
>>15009903
I think you've just opened your mouth for a big ol' can of fucking bait worms, you retard.
>>
>>15009939
>oh, shit...he's right
>better ""LOL I TROLL U"
>>
>>15009962
There's no such thing as ninth-wave feminism, dumbass.
>>
File: grammar-nazi_o_2253999.jpg (684KB, 4800x3012px) Image search: [Google]
grammar-nazi_o_2253999.jpg
684KB, 4800x3012px
>>15009968
True, but the concept of "woman" meaning "not man" or "less than man" is prolific and patently false, and that was the only thing I was disproving.

In truth I neither know nor care what "wave" of modern feminism we are on, I only care about correct etymology.
>>
gender roles
>>
>>15009993
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCKING PERSON I DISAGREE WITH
>>
>>15009903
Google is a tool of the patriarchy, Scirroco-san told me so.
>>
>>15010017
LIES
It was invented by some female sentai villains as a way to subjugate humanity by giving them an all-knowing machine so they'd lose the ability to think for themselves.
I have a screenshot here somewhere, but can't find it.
Maybe I can just google it.....
>>
>>15010030
I'd get subjugated by a female sentai villain.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.