[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>When the poorly written, useless female character "wins"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

File: PERFECTLY CALM.gif (940KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
PERFECTLY CALM.gif
940KB, 500x375px
>When the poorly written, useless female character "wins" the MC-bowl simply because the director has shit taste.

Ten and two thousand years from now, I will STILL be mad.
>>
Rain wins because Allenby's purpose in the story is to prove something about Rain and Domon.
lel @ you judging writing.
>>
>>15004714
>missing the Aquarion reference

Nigger, he was clearly talking about Evol, which is far more understandable.

Mikono a shit, and a dogfucker.
>>
>>15004703
Good
>>
>>15004703
Yeah, fuck Lacus. KiraxCagalli superior pairing, dumb pairing retcons can die in a fire.
>>
>>15004703
but Gundam beat Marina for the Setsuna Bowl
>>
>>15004718
At least Logos got it right.
>>
Fumina best girl

Shia a shit, Gyanko a fatty
>>
>>15004703
That's just how it is. You got your designated waifu who's ultimately modest in all ways (even temperment, low assertiveness, even medium bust size), and is completely boring and contributes little because of it. And then over here you have your 5 other waifus who are all far more colorful or interesting or plot relevant specifically because they had to be differentiated somehow.

Same thing with the male cast - the hero is a doormat self-insert vehicle who's dull as dishwater because doing much else might offend, but the supporting cast get whole arcs unto themselves because they aren't under the same restrictions.
>>
File: 12122345353535353.jpg (318KB, 765x2159px) Image search: [Google]
12122345353535353.jpg
318KB, 765x2159px
>>15005076

Incest babies be damned, Kira and Cagalli were perfect together.
>>
File: 006.jpg (31KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
31KB, 600x336px
No Anon.

What's worse is literally every female character who expresses interest in the MC suffering and dying for him while all he wants is his best friends dick.
>>
>>15004703
>When the poorly written, useless female character "wins" the MC-bowl simply because the director has shit taste.

Certainly you're not referring to Rain Mikamura?
>>
>>15005364
Tell me about it. That was such an ass pull.
>>
>>15005076
Dude, you don't fuck your sis.
You let your bro do that instead.
>>
>>15005364
Is this actually real
>>
>>15005418
He was referring to Mikono from Aquarion, but the sentiment applies to Rain too.
>>
>>15004703
>It's another butt hurt Allenbyfaggot who doesn't understand how relationships work
>>
>>15006929
>the sentiment applies to Rain too

No, it doesn't. Anybody who doesn't ship characters based on superficial qualities can see that.
>>
File: raiden.png (164KB, 405x750px) Image search: [Google]
raiden.png
164KB, 405x750px
>>15007044
>another

I'm pretty sure it's just the same allenbyfag, anon. /m/ is a small board and some people around here like to force their memes.
>>
>>15004703
Let's see, these: Nina Purpleton in Gundam 0083, Yurika Misumaru in Nadesico, Mikono Suzushiro in Aquarion Evol, Sumika in Muv-Luv, Shakti Kareen in V Gundam, Yukina Shirahane in Kuromukuro, Emily Armond in Gundam Age, Sara Nome in Macross Zero, Kogane Asabuki in Bubuki Buranki and Shoko Sashinami in Valvrave.
>>
>>15004714
>Rain wins because Allenby's purpose in the story is to prove something about Rain and Domon.
That they have no chemistry together? It's like Domon only noticed Rain when she wasn't around anymore doing his chores for him.
>>
>>15007130
That's why Rain won. Domon was chasing after an unhealthy life and Allenby was just a distraction that enabled him to just enjoy fighting, when the themes included

>old people can eat shit and die, and they do if they try to keep fighting
>fighting isn't the be all end and all, and making it a spectacle didn't change much for the people on Earth who were forced into little pockets of civilization

Picking a woman who will love you like a mother is the healthy choice. Allenby is like a junkie girlfriend for a junkie.
>>
>>15007048
Yeah, a relationship built on verbal abuse from both sides and Rain abandoning Domon for any hot guy who crosses her path, that relationship is going to go far.
Its like these people who say "They complete each other and will force them to be better" have never been in an actually relationship
>>
>>15007151
>Picking a woman who will love you like a mother is a healthy choice

Char please, you are not good at relationships.
>>
>>15007044
look at the Ten and Two thousand years post its clearly him talking about Aquarion, I think the pic is just a random reaction image thats /m/ related
>>
>>15007187

What can he honestly get out of Allenby that he doesn't get from Sai Saici or Argo? She doesn't help him grow as a person. Rain meanwhole is gonna be the only thing stopping him from being a retarded kung fu hermit who dies old by himself if he even lives that long.

Allenby may help him fight and have some fun sure but Rain gives him reason to live.
>>
>>15007241
Then Rain is more akin to a babysitter than a lover.
Also what does Domon offer Rain who wants more in a man as seen in series?
This relationship is just poorly written.
>>
>>15007290
Real life relationships tend to have even worse plotlines.
>>
>>15007356
Thing B being worse than Thing A does not magically make Thing A not bad.
>>
>>15007168
>have never been in an actually relationship

That is some hardcore projecting anon. The fact that you honestly believe couple don't fight for stupid reasons means you have the romantic maturity of an infant.
>>
>>15007290
>Then Rain is more akin to a babysitter than a lover.

And Allenby is more akin to a friend than a lover. That's the point.

>>15007413
It's not about which is "better', but more realistic. There is a difference.
>>
>>15004703
EVOL was such bullshit.

I wish I could get back all the time I spent waiting for episodes and posting in the live threads every sunday.
>>
>>15007508

Logos made it all better

>Best girl wins
>Other girl loses with dignity
>>
>>15007518
Logos was boring. And ugly.
>>
>>15004703
Let's forget the hamfisetd fuck awful romance between Domon and Rain for a second, why the hell did they bother having Allenby into this pseudo love triangle since it amounted to nothing and was utterly irrelevant? Also who thought that introducing her into such triangle needed to be done while she was in a brainwashed berserk mode?

I swear, if it wasn't for the side characters stories, G would rank pretty high among the most retarded Gundam shows, everything about the main plotline is the writers trying to come up with more idiotic asspulls and stupid developments as the show goes on.
>>
>>15007109
>Kogane Asabuki in Bubuki Buranki
She hasn't won yet. And to be honest, I'm still halfway convinced that she won't.
>>
>>15007518
Logos got right everything EVOL did wrong. The opposite also holds true.
>>
>>15005079
Setsuna literally dumped Gundam for Marina in the end though. Felt was the complete loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poi17NW9ucI
>>
>>15007610
>The opposite also holds true.
Good thing Evol didn't get much right beyond looking pretty.
>>
>>15007608
She was "The Four" of the series because despite being dramatically different it is still a Gundam series and has all the tropes associated with the series. But since they couldn't use psychic Newtype bullshit to force a "developed" romance they just had to use good chemistry and being similar to each other to escalate the relationship quickly.

The problem comes from Domon and Rain's relationship being weird and handled poorly, they are basically "opposites attract" which is bullshit in the real world so it feels unnatural and the development they get is basically ten seconds of "I have always loved you above all else Rain/Domon" followed by 30 episodes of "Shut the fuck up Rain/Domon you can't even wipe your ass without me" then 10 seconds of the former again. The stop and go pacing really kneecaps it when compared to Domon/Allenby which steadily rises from when we meet her and doesn't get to that point where they "forget" they are romantic interests for a long stretch of time and just revert to angry kid and babysitter.

tl;dr Domon/Rain feels super unnatural even though Domon/Allenby is supposed to be the Camille/Four relationship of the series
>>
>>15008477
>But since they couldn't use psychic Newtype bullshit to force a "developed" romance they just had to use good chemistry and being similar to each other to escalate the relationship quickly

Notice how Domon and Allenby are the only ones in the whole show who can communicate newtype style.

>The problem comes from Domon and Rain's relationship being weird and handled poorly, they are basically "opposites attract"
I don't think it's much of an oppposite attract and more of the two of them being utterly unable to communicate, if we were to follow how things goes IRL, Domon/Rain wouldn't even have began to begin.

>Domon/Rain feels super unnatural
Because you don't fix the mess their relation was by simply having Domon say I love you at the last minute. Even putting Allenby aside, all the other rivals were paired with girls where you could see good, clear communication building up though the show.

Domon/Rain is like most of the main storylines, "we kinda came up with that because we thought it would be exciting lol".
>>
>>15008538
>Notice how Domon and Allenby are the only ones in the whole show who can communicate newtype style.
Except, you know, all the other times Domon does that. Like with Schwarz. Or Master Asia. Or the other Shuffle Alliance members, on one or two occasions.
>>
>>15008538

Or it's almost like Domon's entire arc was about learning to communicate in a real human sense without having to punch people that culminated in him completely pouring his heart out
>>
>>15004718
>Mikono a good while Zessishit a bad
fixed
>>
File: number one.png (551KB, 1022x1094px) Image search: [Google]
number one.png
551KB, 1022x1094px
>>15007508
>>15006929
>I don't know what fairy tale endings are
>>15007523
Wrong, Logos is best mech
>>
>>15008859
More like you didn't undestand that the whole problem is the abysmal execution of it.
>>
>>15007626
It had better tracks too. And better fanservice.
>>
File: 1446394443281.jpg (13KB, 196x178px) Image search: [Google]
1446394443281.jpg
13KB, 196x178px
>>15008869
>>15008874
>mikonofags
>>
File: 58650850_p0.jpg (155KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
58650850_p0.jpg
155KB, 1500x1500px
Fumina was such garbage.
>>
>>15007109
>Shakti Kareen in V Gundam
The only other girl Uso was really interested in went completely off her rocker, so f course Shakti won.
>>
>Allenby fags are actually genuinely retarded
Makes sense I guess.

Aila was Allenby done right.
>>
>>15007241
>Rain meanwhole is gonna be the only thing stopping him from being a retarded kung fu hermit who dies old by himself if he even lives that long.
What the actual fuck, man? What part of Domon's final character arc makes you think that he would do that? The entirety of that was realizing there's more to life than punching things and that true strength comes from that. Also fuck you for implying Allenby would leave Domon to die alone in the first place.
>>
>>15009987
>What part of Domon's final character arc makes you think that he would do that

Being a guy who can only communicate with his fists doesn't open up a lot of career paths in accounting
>>
>>15010190
And? He's a federal employee. He's good. Who the fuck needs job skills when you work for the government?
>>
File: tumblr_mbpipaV8ur1r9jj8yo4_1280.jpg (43KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbpipaV8ur1r9jj8yo4_1280.jpg
43KB, 600x459px
>>15010190
Even if they get rid of the gundam fights and disband all the militaries, at least Domon has a bright future in bounty hunting.
>>
>>15010193
The only reason he joined the Gundam Fight is because he was forced to.

Yeah, I'm quite sure Domon would be happy to just continue to work under the same governing powers that covered up the fact that they were going to steal his dad's work because they wanted it's power and because Rain's dad got super jelly about his dad's skills.

Not to mention, they made him fight under the condition that if he didn't win, his dad would stay frozen forever. Not to mention, they killed his mom!

Putting that aside, the whole point of the series is that maybe the Gundam Fight isn't as great as an alternative to war as they think it is. You've watched the series, haven't you? There's plenty of Gundam Fighters, despite the power they have, aren't happy with their situation, and hell, some of them are even forced into it.
>>
>>15010230
It's not a matter of him wanting to, it's a matter of him being still paraded as a national symbol of pride establishing grorious nippon supremacy. They won't let him be a hobo.
>>
File: shh.jpg (88KB, 1200x703px) Image search: [Google]
shh.jpg
88KB, 1200x703px
>>15007168
Jesus Christ, I don't know where to begin with this post.

> a relationship built on verbal abuse from both sides
This is false.

>Rain abandoning Domon for any hot guy who crosses her path,
Never happened.

>Its like these people who say "They complete each other and will force them to be better"
That's not why Domon ended up with Rain.

>never been in an actually relationship
Simultaneously major projection and false assumption.
>>
>>15010231
That literally happens all the time in the real world. That fame period only lasts for maybe a year or two at best then you're tossed in the garbage unless you prove yourself again.

The entire point of G Gundam is that Domon was coerced into a life of violence by corrupt members of the Neo-Japan government and the fighting is an outlet for his anger.

It's why he can't solve the final battle with just violence. His final monologue is the climax, during which the show reflects on the relationships he forged by having his friends all give him advice and encouragement. It's the end of his character arc where he finally acknowledges and acts upon the personal growth and experience that he's gained throughout the series.

It makes no sense for him to be with Allenby because she's literally a stepping stone for him.
>>
>>15010282
>That literally happens all the time in the real world. That fame period only lasts for maybe a year or two at best then you're tossed in the garbage unless you prove yourself again.
Except see what happened with Gentle Chapman and Master Asia? They couldn't have dissapeared if they wanted to. Master Asia missed the gundam fight finals fucking up triads and still got brought to the next one.
>>
>>15010285
They fought until the day they died?
And one became a zombie to fight more and the other wanted to eradicate humanity because of all the fighting?
>>
>>15010285

Gentle Chapman became a literal zombie and master asia went kill all humans insane
>>
File: 1297222779555.png (398KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1297222779555.png
398KB, 576x432px
>>15006929
You've got to be fucking kidding me.
Really? You would compare Rain Mikamura, doctor and engineer, to Mikono? Fuck that.
If you don't like Rain, fine.
If you think she's not well written, I disagree, but fine.

But, useless? Fuck you.
How many times has the woman put her neck out for Domon when he was being a big manchild? How often did Domon ever have to go out of his way to save her? Less times than she's had to help him

You remember this moment, right?
This wouldn't have been possible without Rain's knowledge and, yes, her feelings for Domon. At the very LEAST, if not for Rain, Domon wouldn't have made it to Hong Kong on time. There goes any chance of seeing his dad unfrozen, at least for another 4 years.
Then you could argue if he would get out alive, because Master Asia was quite insistent on putting him inside of the Devil Gundam, and I'm pretty sure Domon wouldn't be able to fight Master Gundam on foot.

After this moment, how could you think that the end would result in anything other than Domon and Rain?

I mean, I like Allenby, she's cute and fun, but she's not the one for Domon. Maybe in another timeline, but that position had already been taken before Allenby got there.

That's why even though she was in love with Domon, she knew it wasn't her place to get between the two of them. How often do you see THAT in a fucking anime?
If Allenby could let go, then you can too.

Or you can just stay mad.
>>
>>15010245
>Rain never abandoned Domon
Dude she LITERALLY DEFECTED TO NEO GERMANY
If she wasn't the daughter of Ulibe's conspiracy partner (as well as his plan to use the Devil Gundam) and fucking Domon she could have been executed for Treason
>>
No, you don't fucking understand, Allenbyfags:

Ain't nothing gonna stop me now, I'm gonna make it
I'm running hard and straight ahead
Can't even take the time to mop
The sweat that's streamin' like the rain off my head

Didn't know what I was living for, I couldn't take it
I stood there with nothing I could believe
My life was just a mystery
I hid my heart and soul way up in my sleeve

Now that we're both together
Trading lines to help each other understand
Now I'm awfully glad we got mad at each other at all

*Down and out when you don't know what to do
That's the time you reach your hand out softly to me
No way we'll ever be parted again
We'll be friends, you'll see my eyes are following you

**No matter what the changes the future may bring
It's you I'll remember always
I'll trust you forever

And as I run into the wind, I feel myself reviving
Blowing the sweat off of me now
Until I am awakening into a day to make a dream come true

It could be anybody
Everyone has got a jewel shining inside
But if they're covered in fears let the tears
Wash those troubles away

Fight on strong until the sun goes down
Raise your fist and wave it in the air like a flag
Wounds all over from your head to your toes
So it goes, but you have learned to laugh through it all
We lie upon our backs and feel the Earth down below
And squint at the stars above us.

* repeat
Don't give up! You're gonna make it today
Move ahead, forever forward and never look back
You're not alone or by yourself anymore
You've got someone you can count on everyday.

**repeat
You'll carry us on
>>
>>15007130
Domon's problem is that he has trouble communicating his issues with other people AND that he's too hotheaded sowhenever he has a problem, it shrouds his view of everything else

Domon was willing to give up Shining Gundam's head to Neo Canada in exchange for Rain's safety, remember? It's not that he doesn't care, it's that he has problems spitting it out.

But let's look at another episode of classic Domon
Domon: I want to go save Master Asia, I think he's being used by the Devil Gundam!
Rain: I don't think that's the case
Domon: WELL, I'M DOING IT BECAUSE I WANT TO SAVE MASTER
Schwarz: You're an idiot and you're inexperienced, and Master Asia will play you like a fiddle
Domon: SHUT UP SHUT UP, I'M GOING
Rain: This looks like a trap
Domon: SHUT UP, I'M GOING
*it's a trap*
Schwarz: Look, I had to save you, you stupid idiot, it was a trap
Domon: SHUT UP, STOP FOLLOWING ME, I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS
*Domon loses*
Schwarz: You're an idiot, go retrain, you moron

Two people have been telling him the same exact thing, and Domon doesn't get it into his head that he doesn't know what he's doing and he might be in over his head about what his Super Mode can handle until Black Brother beats him up and his Super Mode not saving him like he thought it would.

If Rain comes off as "motherly", it's because you'd pretty much have to be like that to get through to Domon.
Haven't you noticed that the people who are closest to him are pretty much family?
>>
>>15010322
Domon pushed her out.
Hell, he knocked her down (as well as Argo) because he was angry about Allenby's kidnapping and just lashed out at whoever.

If it wasn't for those two, she wouldn't have anything to do with the Gundam Fight to begin with. And let's not start quoting the rules in this Gundam Fight where they were being broken all over the place. Fuck, a dead man joined the Gundam Fight Finals, and on top of that, he's a fucking cheater, and to put even more on that, he lost his Gundam's head, so he's not even supposed to be there in the first place!
>>
>>15010412
>SJW
what

Take your meds /v/.
>>
>>15010412
They love gundamrager and fucking threads
>>
>>15010413
>SJWs don't exist on /m/
what

Take your meds /weebshit/
>>
>>15010434
Ok, I'll give you one chance to prove you aren't a shitposting nigger (Protip, you can't):

What in the fuck in this thead, above your post, has to do with social justice or feminism or whatver stupid shit you invented in your head?
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.