[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That part of the ZZ opening always angers me. How dare they even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ZZ.jpg (793KB, 1920x2880px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ.jpg
793KB, 1920x2880px
That part of the ZZ opening always angers me. How dare they even imply that Judau is Amuro and Kamille's evolution? He's an awful character.
Seriously pisses me off.
>>
>>14999858

What I want to know is where they keep finding super-Newtypes. Amuro at least had a connection to the RX-78, because Tem Ray was his father; The Origin shows him reading the manual. Kamille is more tentative, because just happened to be on the scene.

Judau has no real connection to them at all. He's just a dude.
>>
>>14999858
maybe it's a devolution
>>
Do I have to watch zz to understand UC? I don't know if I should skip it
>>
>>14999934
What gave you the idea to skip it?
>>
>>14999860
His connection is he got autism powers from Kamille

Sorry they don't rehash the, "my dad worked on the greatest war machine in history so now I can pilot it," story. Which sounds like a lazy role playing character profile
>>
File: The_Force.jpg (100KB, 600x881px) Image search: [Google]
The_Force.jpg
100KB, 600x881px
>>14999860

It was the will of the force that he'd be the ZZ's pilot.
>>
>>14999860

Well, as more and more people awakened as Newtypes, it's only logical that eventually a completely random dude was going to work as an ace pilot just by virtue of the fact that he's got space autism.
>>
>>14999942
>He got autism powers from Kamille
Is that true? I don't think it's explicitly stated and it's a hell of a lot to imply without a precedent for it.
>>
File: 1473695322840.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1473695322840.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>14999858
Because you're missing the meta-narrative surrounding war in the late 80s.

War started to lose its "edge" to the civilian masses in the late 80s, because of Hollywood and movies constantly making war-centric movies all about the violence and taking away the horrors of it so MCs could be Rambo badasses (despite Rambo being about PTSD). It stopped being taken very seriously by civilians (which especially is true nowadays, unfortunately), and so the tone of the series started very light hearted from a civilian standpoint.

Judau's character IS an evolution from Amuro and Kamille, because Amuro is the conscripted soldier, Kamille is the new recruit lusting for revenge against the enemy, and Judau is the guy who joined the Army because otherwise he's jobless and homeless and wants to support his sister, and winds up in far, far greater conflict than he signed up for.

But nah, there's no way in hell a Gundam series past Zeta could have some underlying context.
>>
>>14999858
It's supposed to be the evolution of Newtypes represented by the MCs of previous shows.
>>
>>14999957
He didn't "get" them, but it's pretty clear his first Newtype experience was his meeting with Camille.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.