[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly did the engines on most of early Zeon's mobile

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: latest[1].jpg (167KB, 349x600px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
167KB, 349x600px
Why exactly did the engines on most of early Zeon's mobile suits violently explode with a strong gust of wind? That seems like a major design flaw that should've been counteracted better than it was before rolling the Zakus out for mass production
>>
>>14985012
Because it was part of the Japanese kamikaze ideal. If you die, at least you blow up with the force of a nuke.
>>
Mobile suits use mini nuclear power plants and so the creators thought that they should go BOOM like how nuclear bombs go BOOM then Godzilla is born and he's like GRAAAAAH but Amuro is newtype like KA-CHING and summons Ultraman who is like SHAAAAA but Char thought he was being called so his red Zaku is like GU-WONG.

You get what I'm saying?
>>
File: 1472137700552.jpg (100KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1472137700552.jpg
100KB, 1366x768px
>Not having your mobile suits violent explode.

Zeonic scum wouldn't understand, if it explodes it just means it's super powerful and you were piloting it wrong.
>>
>>14985038
Yeah but I swear there were a couple times Amuro made a Zaku explode by knocking it on its back onto a rock or something

If you're gonna have nukes you don't want them to blow up in the missile base when it rains too hard
>>
>>14985012
Samsung couldn't even make a phone without it exploding.

Let alone Zeon and a highly advanced piece of war machinery.
>>
>>14985012
maybe to prevent reverse engineering?
>>
>>14985012
>Why exactly did the engines on most of early Zeon's mobile suits violently explode with a strong gust of wind?

Because it's a cartoon.
>>
>>14985324
A lot of good that did them when by the start of Zeta the Earth Federation forces have already been mass producing a new Zaku line
>>
>>14985094
There was a Gouf that burst into flames after the Gundam ripped the chest open and threw it on the ground.
>>
File: Cozun gets crumped.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cozun gets crumped.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Honestly Zaku exploding isn't too bad- they usually explode after taking pretty fair beatings in the series, or else they're being shot by beam weaponry, which almost invariably one-hit-kills anything. I'd pull up that image of a Zaku riddled with shell holes if I had it about now.

In fact, this is arguably the case for a lot of OYW MS stuff- usually they're fighting with such big guns anyway that there's little reason for them not to blow up. By the time combat had escalated to MS-on-MS fighting, many suits were carrying very powerful weapons anyways(e.g. Beam Spray Gun vs. Giant Bazooka)

Honestly though it's just a cartoon and it looks cool. Regardless though, you do get many many instances of MS taking significant beatings or being badly gored without exploding.

>>14985377
It also broke in half completely.
>>
File: story1.jpg (30KB, 344x260px) Image search: [Google]
story1.jpg
30KB, 344x260px
>>
File: 0079-01-91_800.jpg (178KB, 800x600px)
0079-01-91_800.jpg
178KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 0079-31-19_800.jpg (87KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0079-31-19_800.jpg
87KB, 800x600px
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.