[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Zeon at the height of its power take on a fully staffed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Star-Destroyer_ab6b94bb.jpg (110KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Destroyer_ab6b94bb.jpg
110KB, 1600x800px
Could Zeon at the height of its power take on a fully staffed Imperial Star Destroyer?
>>
Just one?
Sure, especially if they know where the shield generators are.
>>
Shields might be the deciding factor here. If the Imperials get their shields up I'd say Zeon's weapons wouldn't be enough.
>>
>>14977600
No hyperdrives.

ISD could just do hit and run attacks all day
>>
>>14977653
A good strafe of the tower testicles above the bridge deals with that.

Star Destroyers are weird like that. The hull is tanky as fuck but the critical systems are gigantic vulnerabilities.
>>
>>14977653
Yeah considering that after its deflector generator was destroyed all it took was one god damn A-Wing crashing into the bridge to sink their fucking flagship.

Star Wars tech is weird.
>>
>>14977693
They actually had a back up but it wasnt able to turn on in time to save the bridge. Had it been activated the a-wing might have been destroyed. without damage.

But ultimately its a matter of numbers Star destroyer Can't put up enough flak to stop a never ending turret of zakus Remeber Star wars stuff fires much slower then other Sci setting so enough musais could likely even out range the star destroyer.
>>
Could a Tie Fighter give a Doppa run for it's money?
>>
I don't really know that much about star wars but they would have hell of a time trying to hit MS, as they can maneuver in 3 dimensions unlike fighter crafts.
>>
>>14977932
Why Dopp when you can spam Zakus out of your ass?
>>
>>14977600
Sure just rammed Axis
>>
>>14977895

> enough musais could likely even out range the star destroyer.

Putting aside that Star Wars fire is no slower than usual space opera slower than light speed beaks, like those of Gundam there's not even a hope this particular bit is true. ISD's can hit stuff from orbit, which was the original Hoth plan before they were detected and the shields went up. I'm also not getting where the idea Zeon have limitless Zakus from. Even at their best they didn't have limitless resources, or even close to it.
>>
File: Zaku Space.jpg (276KB, 1600x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Zaku Space.jpg
276KB, 1600x1095px
So the question is Zeon at it's height versus a single SD. So that means I can take Big (Fuck Your Beam Cannons) Zam as well as the colony cannon? Pretty sure that thing would, at the very least, blow out the shield generators, leaving it vulnerable to Zakus, who would then proceed to rape face because the Imps aren't so hot about redundant systems.
>>
>>14977600
Mobile Suits>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SW tech.
They can`t intercept them or fight them in any reasonable way. Only issue they might have would be the shields. But then again mega particle cannons could do the trick against them.
>>
Yes, it could, Neue Ziel is gonna destroy it.
>>
>>14978343

Star Wars units would outpace anything in Gundam, in atmosphere or in space. And not even by a little. The Gundam stuff might as well be standing still next to their acceleration and speed. Even a Death Star can round a planet in a few hours at most.
>>
>>14978343
Zaku didn't even have beam weaponry.

Its hard to say how much damage Zaku would do to a Star Destroyer even without shields.
>>
>>14977600
If they had mobile armours like the Neo Zeong yeah
>>
>>14978342
The Large Zam's I-field isn't going to do anything against lasers. Blasters, probably, but those are quite rare on ships.
>>
A team of Gelgoog Marines could take on a Star Destroyer.
>>
>>14977932
Dopps are purely atmospheric vehicles.
You'd want to be comparing TIEs to Gattles, actual space fighters.

Honestly I don't get the point of this thread. First
>powerlevel dick measuring
>good

But there's also the fact that the scales and scopes of the two settings are completely different. Star Wars takes place across an entire galaxy; UC Gundam doesn't leave the solar system.
>>
>>14977600
Absolutely, as fast as they may be that is most Star Wars ships only main advantage(not to mention the new cannon has not mentioned acceleration for most ships). For gods sake their computer technology is atrocious, remember how they had to get guys to manually fire their turbo lasers? Their droids are great, but they don't use droids for anything beyond glorified calculators and janitors. So already high acceleration suits like the Zudah could have a chance. Include I-fields and it only gets worse, something like the Neue-Ziel packs all the heat of a Musai beam cannon and more into a shielded mobile frame. And as others have mentioned the Star destroyer has a laughably bad layout, with a huge wide shoot-here coning tower and a super exposed lower reactor bulb.
>>
>>14979500

> not to mention the new cannon has not mentioned acceleration for most ships

It doesn't need to, because even in the first TIE scene of the original they travel from Tattoine's atmosphere in to space in seconds. There isn't an exact speed or acceleration, but we know from the films it has to be much, much faster than anything in Gundam. Not 0079, not UC, all of it. Not even stuff in G-Reco or Wing or whatever can match that. Add in hyperdrive, shielding and tractor beams at the very least and it has a lot of advantage over almost any Gundam ships, not just speed.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.