[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss the artillery weaponry of UC Gundam. Instead we get the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: RX-78-2_-_MSV.png (3MB, 1167x1720px) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-2_-_MSV.png
3MB, 1167x1720px
I miss the artillery weaponry of UC Gundam. Instead we get the beam heavy shows started by Wing, Seed, and 00.
>>
>>14977583
>complains about beams
>posts picture of a beam gun
What did he mean by this?
>>
You just posted a Gundam with a beam rifle.
And beam weapons dominate UC technology by the end of the One Year War.

Stop being dumb.
>>
>>14977583
Go watch Zeta you stupid casual.
>>
>>14977583
Wasn't ballistic weaponry really only used in UC during the OYW because particle beams surpassed bullets easily
>>
>>14977583
this is probably bait
gut/10

probably going to post something about IBO next to start a gen war
>>
>started by Wing, Seed, and 00.

I can't remember a single regular cannon attack in all of zeta or zz. Some missiles, here and there, but pretty much just beams for days.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
>>14978491
Which is why I've always hated MS combat in the Zetas.

Not the OP, but he speaks for my sentiment. The point of the Gundam having the beam rifle was that it decimated everything else on the battlefield. Nothing else (excluding Guncannon, etc.) outside of mobile armors and clearly important Zeon suits utilized beam weaponry. When GM's got them, it was clear that they were using vastly inferior copies.

Then comes along SEED, which, on top of being self-plagiarizing garbage, gave people Pokemon-grade epileptic seizures from the beam spam.

It cheapened the visual power of the beam weapon into just another lazy mecha anime trope that stole from better source material.
>>
One of the good points about IBO is the lack of beam weapons.
>>
>>14977583
Beams ruined gundam
>>
>>14978546
A normal person doesn't judge cartoons entirely by beamspam.
>>
>>14977583
If Beamspam turns you off just watch IBO
>>
>>14978891
that is not a good point
>>
>>14978546
>self-plagiarizing

I agree with your sentiment but wtf is self-plagiarizing actually even supposed to be?
>>
>>14981130
I think it's a pretty good point, there's no harm in having a Gundam series that doesn't have beams since all the rest have them
>>
>>14977613
As primary weapons, more or less. You still had the occasional bazooka and rather a lot of missiles. Fire support types also had shells fairly often, but there weren't too many of them. Honestly, the only one that comes to mind is the G-Cannon.
>>
>>14977583
i really love artillery in scifi-mecha settings. i liked beam when it had that feeling of super weapon strength, but i guess it makes sense that the technology would become so much better that eventually they can spam it
>>
>>14977613

E-Cap technology small enough for MS use was still in the trial stages for most of the war, and a lot of MS simply didn't meet the power requirements to use them.

Ballistic weapons appear infrequently typically as small caliber internally mounted machine guns, bazookas, one shot faust weapons and short range missiles.

The Crossbone Vanguard during F91 uses them extensively with most machines using dual or quad linked machine guns in their Shot Lances. All part of their efforts to decrease damage to colonies so they can quickly turn them around into living space. They never say what caliber the machine guns are, but they tear through Jegans which likely have the thickest armor of all F91 grunts being from an older era of warfare.
>>
micro-gravity and no air resistance is a projectile's wet dream.
>>
>>14977588
FPBP
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.