[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why not just remove the Zero System? It seems physically powerful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: XXXG-00W0_Wing_Gundam_Zero.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
XXXG-00W0_Wing_Gundam_Zero.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
Why not just remove the Zero System? It seems physically powerful enough without it.

Sure it makes sense for Heero to use it, but it seems like for anybody else, especially Oz when they had it, that was creating a problem that didn't have to exist
>>
File: 43856502_p0.jpg (290KB, 893x777px) Image search: [Google]
43856502_p0.jpg
290KB, 893x777px
>>14976655
I love my waifu so much.
Also predicting the future is an OP ability, but also EW version a shit it's a pretty much nerfed version of the true Wing Zero which is the TV version.
>>
Because Wing needed a way to incorporate all the flavors of Newtype without any of the fruity Newtype shit. Experiencing time in the chair still gave you Better Pilots/Better Persons (Heero), Better Pilots/Worse Persons (Milliardo/Zechs), or Axe-crazy Cybernewtypes (Quatre, Dorothy) and let you do it without 2-3 shows worth of background and bullshit.
>>
Well, you're assuming it's easy to remove. It's a magical thingy that predicts the future, it's probably not a matter of just removing a few screws.
>>
>>14978397
What's even funnier is that Wufei who is pretty axe-crazy by the end of Wing (killing everyone for JUSTICE!) is actually sort of "cured" by the Zero System, well he is more focus and less killing everyone on sight that is.
>>
>>14978440
Didn't Heero install a copy of the Zero System in Sandrock Kai by just plugging in a floppy disk he pulled out of Wing Zero?

It's amazing how poorly the Zero System was understood, given that:
(a) the first working copy was built by a teenager from schematics that were 15-years-old
(b) someone else was able to make a copy of it in his basement
>>
>>14976655
I think Quatre himself said he didn't even consider the Zero system, the Wing Zero was just an incredibly overpowered mobile suit, especially the Twin Buster Rifle which can destroy an entire colony or space station in a single blast, and unlike the Wing Gundam's, isn't limited to three shots.
>>
>>14978451
The Zero System was a magic mcguffin, basically.

It convinced Wufei to join the gundam pilots, cured Trowa's amnesia, showed Zechs the Sanc Kingdom had been destroyed, convinced Heero to go back to Releena

I remember that scene where Hero was removing part of the Zero system to install in Sandrock, Wing Zero's eyes suddenly glowed and Heero said "Yes Zero I know.", that thing was fucking ALIVE.

When you think back to it, Duo was the only gundam pilot who couldn't control it.
>>
>>14980623
That's not what a mcguffin is though but yeah I get your point and agree. It was pretty much an instant plot correcting generator, which was quite annoying really.
Besides, it's not that Duo couldn't control it, it took him a couple of minutes but iirc he did it, it's just that while doing so he realized it was a really bad idea to let it run. Besides he is too much in love with his Deathscythe.

One thing that I liked with Wing though is that even though each mc is tied to his gundam, they trade them quite a lot, everybody goes into the zero, wing is piloted by multiple persons, same with heavyarms.
>>
>>14976697

What's nerfed about it? That it can't transform is the only thing I can think of, and Wing Zero Custom is stated to not need to since it's as fast without doing so according to the fluff.
>>
>>14982012
Isn't the twin buster guns much weaker in EW?
Iirc, it needed multiple shots to penetrate the bunker at the end, while during the series early appearances of the Wing Zero, it could critically damage an entire colony. Also, the one in EW seems to be able to take much less punishment than the series version. Mite be wrong though...
>>
>>14982027

That's hardly because of the unit itself though, it's just for the sake of dramatic convention and would have happened regardless of what version was featured. Even then, Tallgeese III uses it's Dober Gun thing to destroy an asteroid, and it's gun is specified as less powerful than that of the Wing Zero Custom if i recall. Wing Zero normal also struggled to destroy just a single section of Libra in the finale of Wing TV, when really the gun should have been able to destroy the whole thing if it worked as advertised. It's as powerful as the plot wants it to be, like pretty much all fictional weapons.
>>
>>14982027
>Also, the one in EW seems to be able to take much less punishment than the series version.

After flying back to the earthsphere, getting knocked around by another gundam, going through the heat of atmospheric re-entry only to immediately plunge into a freezing cold lake and then flying off to sit in the niddle of prolonged enemy fire. That heat+cold probably weakened it a lot.
>>
>>14982027
it was a military bunker, presumably armored as fuck. colonies weren't meant to be shot at, never mind by wmd class weaponry. you're basically comparing the effectiveness of a cruise missile on a battleship vs a cruise liner.
>>
File: 1475187116657.jpg (2MB, 3028x2128px) Image search: [Google]
1475187116657.jpg
2MB, 3028x2128px
>>
File: 1478123704161.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478123704161.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1475187116982.jpg (310KB, 1000x1409px) Image search: [Google]
1475187116982.jpg
310KB, 1000x1409px
>>
File: 1-1.jpg (417KB, 1600x883px) Image search: [Google]
1-1.jpg
417KB, 1600x883px
>>
>>14982027
It's pretty handwavey, but Zero Custom was pretty busted up at that point. I mean when it fires a continuous beam Zero itself actually blows up.
>>
>>14982027
Isn't it super fucking obvious that it's not being fired at full power? The TBR has variable output. Did you even see the size of the shot that the WZC fired at the falling fragment of Libra?
>>
>>14980623
>that thing was fucking ALIVE.
BTW, when are we getting a Gundam show with sentient Mobile Suits?
>>
>>14991523

I'm not watching it, but the new mobile armor in IBO has been getting a bit of attention since it debuted using beam weapons and I've just seen a post indicating it doesn't need a pilot and the Calamity War in the setting's past was apparently against AI - so right now, I guess?
>>
>>14991531
Saw that episode.

Hoping the fight against it will be crazy.
>>
File: Msa-0011.jpg (39KB, 300x475px) Image search: [Google]
Msa-0011.jpg
39KB, 300x475px
>>14991523
Have you never heard of Gundam Sentinel?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.