[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gentlemen. /m/ games do not sell. How do we fix this problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Mecha games do not sell.jpg (1017KB, 2054x887px) Image search: [Google]
Mecha games do not sell.jpg
1017KB, 2054x887px
Gentlemen. /m/ games do not sell. How do we fix this problem? Do we just admit that it's too niche?
>>
>>14970958
TF:Devastation and EDF ( games by actual game developers) seem to be doing well. The rest of that list are indie crap.
>>
Who do you mean by "we." You mean /m/ fans or developers making /m/ games?

Its too niche for AAA development and indies don't have the resources to make them at the quality /m/ fans want. Hell even FromSoft fired their whole Armored Core division after Verdict Day.

Devs who are interested in /m/ need to rethink their strategy and not bank on the game itself being their main source of income.

I don't think or expect /m/ fans to do shit, but taking time to make fan content on something they like helps a ton.

>>14970988
Yeah... the two games on the list that aren't /m/ and "made by real game devs" are doing decent, big shocker.
>>
the best mech games are where you are controlling a big expensive overly complicated machine and it feels like it
games are too main stream now for a game about being obtuse and overly complicated to be profitable

its in an awkward spot of being a niche audience that requires a mainstream budget
>>
Curse of platinum and proto-platinum in the case of ZoE. Vanquish, ZoE, MGR, all fantastic, but all underperformed.
>>
>>14970988
>TF:Devastation and EDF ( games by actual game developers) seem to be doing well.

They're selling like total shit.
>>
>>14971116
>>>/v/
Try to be less of a hyperbolic little shit
>>
Gundam games sold exceptionally well these days
>>
Start by making a good mech game that isn't SRW.
>>
File: 1480272222445.png (104KB, 554x313px) Image search: [Google]
1480272222445.png
104KB, 554x313px
>>14971385
Soon...
>>
>>14970958
Get some popular let's players to advertise the games to kids
>>
>>14972723
But the only popular LPers who are willing to play mech games are the ones who think Gurren Lagann is the best mech show,think the recent OG SRWs have worse animation than the recent standard SRWs which is obviously not the case, and get everything else wrong in general.

What I'm saying is fuck you Woolie, I know you're fucking here.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
>>14971032
> Transformers isn't /m/
> pic related isn't /m/
You realize the /m/ stands for mecha, not moron, right?
>>
Battletech is going to make /m/ games great again
>>
>>14970958

Astro Port games are okay, but they feel kind of hollow. Like something is missing. They, like most indies never rise above the games they copy.
>>
>>14972729
>Woolie gets Pat to start Gundam with 8th MS team
>Pat just shits on it
>>
>>14972730
I see a bunch of floating legos and and TF is robots. No one's stopping you from playing them as opposed to defending your taste in here.
>>
>>14972786
>Pat being anything but am angry leprechaun contrarian

The Super Best Plebes do it again!
>>
>>14974008
You forgot chapter 2, where he started from 0079 and loved it.
>>
>>14974016
>Likes 0079
>Thinks 08th MS is shit
Okay, Pat confirmed for Best Friend
>>
>>14970958
The problem is that there aren't many of "AAA" games in the last console generation that are actually good and still mecha-centric (ie not just generic sci-fi with mecha facets). You can literally count them on one hand. It's not really a problem about being too niche to be profitable, but that there aren't many developers who try at all.
>>
>>14970958

>/m/ games do not sell
>post a bunch of indie shit with no advertisement
>EDF and devastation were both top sellers at one pont

wow i wonder why
>>
Not that many games do giant robots justice, for me the trick it's the mix of sense of weight and mobility. Lot of the Mecha games are either "teleports behind you unsheath katana" or "awkward humanoid walking around with arms permanently pointing forward" or even worse, just a regular character reskinned with armor and LEDs.

For that reason I don't like the robots in EDF. The smaller mechs are glorified turrets, walk around and fire guns, not very expressive. Meanwhile the balam doesn't do a whole lot either. It can throw some slow punches, maybe shoot lazers from the hip, that's about it. No breast fire, no rocket punch, no force field, no sword no guns, no personality.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.