[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>at event tonight >see a guy wearing a Combattler V shirt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: combattler.jpg (67KB, 600x425px) Image search: [Google]
combattler.jpg
67KB, 600x425px
>at event tonight
>see a guy wearing a Combattler V shirt
>go up to him
>"Hey, nice shirt, Combattler V, right? I just started watching Daitarn 3."
>"Uh, I don't know, my friend gave it to me."

Damn.

Anyone here have /m/-related irl interactions?
>>
>>14966535

See this is what you get when you bug strangers
>>
File: ma_main2_skull.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ma_main2_skull.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>14966535
Saw a guy wearing a Skull Man shirt once. Said nothing because I was afraid it would be the same as what happened to you. It was this same picture right here.
>>
I miss Combattler V in SRW.
His moveset was one of the most eyecatchy in the series.

We still are seeing Gundam SEED around, fuck you banpreso.
>>
>>14966535
You should have raped the stupid out of him
>>
>>14966535
>at party
>guy has Gekko Kamen (Moonlight Mask) slot machine
>comment about it
>"uhh... I dunno. I just wanted a slot machine"
>>
File: 1266714420373.jpg (38KB, 841x623px) Image search: [Google]
1266714420373.jpg
38KB, 841x623px
This was back when Macross F was airing.

>Stop by Taco Bell for a late night snack
>Seikan Hikou is playing in my car
>Go to the window and get my food
>mfw when the guy Kira~s me after asking if I wanted hot sauce.
>>
File: lUrdJW8.png (499KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
lUrdJW8.png
499KB, 1440x810px
>at bar
>enjoying drinks with friends
>wearing Mazinger Z shirt
>some nerd walks up to me and friends
>"H-hey, n-nice shirt..."
>Huh? Oh yeah thanks man.
>guy asks me what I thought of Shin
>pretend not to know what he's talking about
>he explains the concept
>say neat but I don't really like anime, just that it looked cool so I bought it
Back in my day, enjoying anime was a thing of shame, and you wouldn't share it with anyone, especially if you were in public.
>>
>>14967937
shouldn't wear nerd shrits if you didn't want to be talked to by greasy virgins.
It's like dessing up as a slut and then complaining that everybody is hitting on you
>>
>>14966602
Pretty sure Combattler has been in more SRWs than all incarnations of Seed combined.
>>
>Taking Japanese classes at Uni because I want to teach over seas and totally not because I like anime
>Go to Japanese club meeting because they offer free tutoring
>Turbo-Weeb freshmen everywhere
>See girl wearing what I thought was a Zeon baseball hat
>Almost walked up to her and say SIEG ZEON!
>Realize it's not a Zeon hat
>Leave and be thankful that I didn't jump the gun
>>
>>14967048
That's pretty cool but you're a faggot for playing your weeb music at a drive-through.
>>
>>14967985
wait I'm retarded for not realizing this is all copypasta. I just saw this while scrolling though the front page
>>
I was playing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WgU75FAfrs
at work when one guy wanted something and recognized the music. I was like "oh, you play the game?" but he's all "nah, I just listen to my friend listening to this music. Though it sounds familiar for some reason" or something like that.

Yeah, what a small world we live in.
>>
>>14966535
>>"Hey, nice shirt, Combattler V, right? I just started watching Daitarn 3."

What's the link of this ?
Daitarn 3 isn't part of Robot Romance Trilogy.
It's like saying "Hey nice Gundam 0079 shirt, I just started watching Ideon."
>>
>>14968246
The're red and blue, big and made in the 70s. Also, only people who played SRW care about them.
>>
>>14966535
I have that one good buddy I watch shows with all the time. Everytime we meet up he usually asks me "What's the best mobile suit and why is it the MK.II any other answer is shit". Best friend I could ask for
>>
>>14968246
I was just assuming that if he liked Combattler V, he liked 70s super robots in general, so I shared what I was watching.
>>
>>14966535
"My friend gave it to me" or "a gift from sister/family/whoever" is my go to if I don't feel like talking about my shirt
>>
File: 1468332561962.jpg (133KB, 444x453px) Image search: [Google]
1468332561962.jpg
133KB, 444x453px
>>14966535
The worst I had was dealing with one of those muh realism guys at work who budded into a conversation I was having with someone else. Man what the fuck is it about mecha anime that even attracts those guys? I never see this crap happen with any other type of anime or scifi yet giant robots always sends people apeshit.
>>
>>14968397
>only people who played SRW care about them
Nah you're just too much of a pleb
>>
>>14969206
>What's the best mobile suit and why is it the MK.II any other answer is shit

Your buddy has supreme good taste
>>
>at a bar, pretty drunk, not wearing glasses
>see a guy wearing a shirt I thought said MAZINGA, assumed it was some sort of bootleg shirt
>go to compliment him
>"oh fuck yeah bro its my favorite show"
>notices that it actually says BAZINGA

fuck.
>>
>>14966535

>Assigned to help a random student write an "Original" speech for Public Speaking
>Reads it
>It's a speech about why humanity needs to be on board with colonizing Mars and ignore those who are against it
>It's actually a pretty good argument
>But I get to the mid-point of the speech
>Suddenly I realize this is actually Quattro Bajeena's Sweetwater Speech but modified for Mar instead of Space
>"I like it! Good choice words...and don't worry, your secret is safe with me Mr. Red Comet...."
>Student is completely shocked I knew where the speech is really from
>>
>>14966535
I set my text messages to the Muv-Luv alarm once and some random stranger came up to me & told me that thanks to hearing it he was gonna have nightmares for a at least a week
>>
>>14974078
>not writing a letter to the teacher wishing you were gay and telling him that student is a CHAR
>>
>>14966535
That's his fault. Unless he's an impoverished African he can buy his own fucking shirts.
>>
>Be about 16
>At some family gathering bored out of my skull
>Remember I've got the Cho Den-O movies downloaded on my phone
>Get about 20 minutes in and my cousin comes up to see what I'm watching
>Turns out my cousin had seen a few of the Kamen Rider series
That caught me off guard
>>14967026
>>14967937
>At a friend's birthday party
>Get completely wasted and ramble on about Newtypes and space
People who didn't know me before the party thought I was trying to start a cult.
>>
>>14966535
but I like his
>>
>>14974103
Thank god for you young man, triggering niggas like that
might have punched you for that desu though
they're in the fucking walls, holy shit, the they're infesting the core OH GOD NO HARUKA NO
>>
>Wears a GaoGaiGar shirt to a con
>As expected nobody knows of this shirt cause they're all casuals who only knows Anime-of-the-season shows.
>Then one guy saw me
>He says "Nice GGG shirt, bro"
>I say "Thanks man. It's rare to see someone who knows it"
>Another guy at the same time came to me and said the same thing
>We compliment each other for knowing GGG
>We throw GGG catchphrases and one liners for 2 minutes
>We part ways

Cons are a weird place, isn't it
>>
>>14974974

I got that when talking about the emprah of all mankind.
>>
>>14977154
>As expected nobody knows of this shirt cause they're all casuals who only knows Anime-of-the-season shows.
I was watching a Comicon video recently and some random dweeb the guy talked to referred to Cowboy Bebop as "an old anime, it was one of the first."

I hate plebs.
>>
>>14974974
>>Get completely wasted and ramble on about Newtypes and space
>People who didn't know me before the party thought I was trying to start a cult.
Are you Zeon Deikun?
>>
File: 1275565561723 giant robo ending.gif (497KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1275565561723 giant robo ending.gif
497KB, 200x150px
So I'm at work.
Fairly nerd co-worker and I are discussing the recently released tease art for what would be later announced as Universal Studios' King Kong tie-in attraction. He wasn't sure if it was Kong or Godzilla since it sorta looked like Godzilla's fins.
He then asks if I know about some show from back in the day.
He remembered it was a robot, but he was pretty sure it wasn't Jet Jaguar. He rememberd the robot, like, grabbing a guy, and flying into space or something.
He was surprised I could easily ID it as the ending to Giant Robo, more so that I had a gif of it handy.
>>
>>14967937
>In reality he was the nerd commenting on someones shirt.
>>
>>14977188
Only when I'm drunk.
>>
>>14974078
You fucking dumbass, now he's going to put you in a tank and tell your teammates to blow you to kingdom come!
>>
I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed of this but I am currently dating a girl I met at Anime Expo's Bandai booth.

I was completely blown away by the amount of women buying Gundam models so naturally I awkwardly tried to talk to one of them about it and SURE ENOUGH I found the one who was willing to engage in conversation with me
>>
>>14978251
You lucky fucker, you
>>
>>14968002
>you're a faggot for playing your weeb music at a drive-through.
This

I always mute my eurobeat at the drive through.
>>
>Nihonium became real
>now Choudenji power is real too
Turns out 2016 is the year of Super Robots
>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/space/11769030/Impossible-rocket-drive-works-and-could-get-to-Moon-in-four-hours.html
>>
>>14978251
Take pride in know you're the most Alpha man on /m/
>>
>Juggalo type wearing the most badass King Ghidorah shirt ive ever seen
>Didn't say anything because it was probably a donation from a church or something
>>
>>14978251
A true /m/ans /m/an like Clint Eastwood
>>
>>14978251
Note to self: Spend more time at Bandai's booth next AX.
>>
>>14978251
Did you show her your big zam?
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.