[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney XD is now rolling out it's own Mecha series >Planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: latest.jpg (462KB, 681x1000px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
462KB, 681x1000px
Disney XD is now rolling out it's own Mecha series
>Planning to watch it?
>Any good?
>thoughts and hopes for the future of Western robosatsu?
>>
>>14965355
>that cast
Let me guess, they stole the robot?
>>
>>14965355

It'll be like every single 'sci-fi' show Disney has ever made.

Cast of kids, doing kid shit for 25 minutes, making sure to be as pure and representative of Disney's 'values' as possible, only to have a poorly animated fight with whatever villain that lasts a total of 2 minutes.

Repeat for 50 episodes or until cancellation.
>>
File: mechx4 80% FEAR ROBOT.jpg (45KB, 399x496px) Image search: [Google]
mechx4 80% FEAR ROBOT.jpg
45KB, 399x496px
I actually enjoyed it and it was a lot better than I expected. Pretty fun series so far. Next ep happens two days from now.
>>
File: mechx4 thumb.jpg (129KB, 701x614px) Image search: [Google]
mechx4 thumb.jpg
129KB, 701x614px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI-MZaGX6gk
is the first episode, check it out. Second episode is surprisingly better.
>>
>>14965396
Don't forget the diverse cast.
>>
>>14965355
Huh, is this a western Gundam Wing?
>>
Ia the cockpit in the head or the torso? Why do both have glass? If it is in the torso, why the shitty x window? I don't want to hate it but this whole thing looks just a bit wrong in about every aspect. Not a disaster, but not good.
>>
>>14965555
>region-locked

can you post a mega or something?
>>
>>14965555
It's not the worst thing I've seen
You can feel the disney cringe but its ok if you can get past that
>>
>>14965998
https://mega.nz/#!ElI3XToQ!NgtRsZ2rESGNro0CM3dP9xBj5tuA4WPhduFq8XLMGuM
new to mega, see if that works
>>
Gee Disney, TWO Black guys?
>>
File: mech-x4.jpg (273KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
mech-x4.jpg
273KB, 1000x500px
>>14966132
>>
>>14965378
Hey now, one of them's white.
>Dude, I'm jewish
Oh. Oooooooh.
>>
It's not as bad as I was expecting. I do want to smash the short kid's against a rock though.
>>
>>14965938
>why the shitty x window
Because it's cool.
>>
>XD

Fuck off.
>>
>>14968661
Blame Disney for picking that as a channel name.
>>
>>14968692
Dude, you don't get it, it's an old meme...oh well, forget it.
>>
Better cgi than what the japanese can muster for their "blockbusters." It's a dumb kid's show with dumb sitcom jokes. But giant robot vs kaiju though, so there's that.
>>
>>14965555
this is what hollywood robos should look like
>>
File: 2010040923.jpg (251KB, 1181x787px) Image search: [Google]
2010040923.jpg
251KB, 1181x787px
>still no official western english dub
>>
>>14965378
Actually made for the kid that pilots it
>>14965396
Kid hacks a vending machine and dumps garbage from a dumpster on his older brother. It's more geared towards boys and "boy tier" antics.
>>
>>14968852
Personally, I've always kind of had a bit of disdain for that patchwork metal look with all the lines and shit. And you say that like the mechs out of Pacific Rim weren't goat.
>>
Watched episode 1.
It was better than I expected.
>>
>>14968960
I was expecting it to look like every other Disney Channel sitcom. Watched it last night on the Disney Channel, right aftwerwards there was shitty girl spy show with a laughtrack that looked exactly like what I expected this show's non-robot parts to look like.

It's not a great show or anything. It still feels like a show that's talking down to it's audience rather than a good show for kids, but it's not bad. It seems strictly okay.
>>
>>14968858
The patchwork metal keeps it looking robotic imo. If it were just huge smooth panels, it would look alien. This robo and Pacific Rim keep the iconic shape and colorings while adding realism. Other movies aim for realism first, then try to pass it off as cool.
>>
>>14965355
Without having watched any of it. The impression I am getting is, Voltron. But worse and in liveaction.
>>
Episode 5 rip here for anyone who missed it or can't cablefag
>>14974087
>>
>>14965355
I like the cast, they give me a bit of an original vibe. I like that there's no chick on sight too

What's it about? could be good
>>
>>14976421
>What's it about? could be good
Kids find giant robot and then fight monsters while learning and growing together.
>>
>>14976421
Hm it seems that he doesn't actually pilot it. Lame
>>
>>14976427
How is "willfully controlling the robot" not considered "piloting"
>>
>>14976434
I like piloting, like an actual pilot.

>When you get inside the robot, you read the manual

That was funny I have to say
>>
>>14965355
Man if japanese had this level of CG
>>
>>14976441
But he does pilot it, Mobile Fighter G style.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.