[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's an advice to newfags browsing /m/. Avoid Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: 8828-01.jpg (766KB, 2174x1850px) Image search: [Google]
8828-01.jpg
766KB, 2174x1850px
Here's an advice to newfags browsing /m/.

Avoid Gundam TV series for now. A lot of them are overly long and frankly boring as fuck. Gundamfags will try to sway you, but kindly refuse and say you'll only watch OVAs and movies from now on.

Watching shit like Zeta and ZZ on first day is guaranteed to kill your mecha hype. Instead, watch stuff like Gunbuster, Diebuster, Giant Robo, Getter ovas, Patlabor movies etc. If you still want to watch Gundam, then watch the MSG movies, Gundam 0080 and shit like that. Avoid the TV series at all costs.
>>
gundamsux
>>
File: not funny2.jpg (102KB, 671x311px) Image search: [Google]
not funny2.jpg
102KB, 671x311px
>>14963546
>Patlabor movies
>Not the superior OVAs
>>
>>14963546
>I h8 gundam gundam gundam

Okay dude we get it you're just a guy who thinks one of the best mecha franchises ever is bad
>>
>>14963546
>Here's an advice to newfags browsing /m/.Avoid Gundam TV series for now. A lot of them are overly long and frankly boring as fuck. Gundamfags will try to sway you, but kindly refuse and say you'll only watch OVAs and movies from now on.Watching shit like Zeta and ZZ on first day is guaranteed to kill your mecha hype. Instead, watch stuff like Gunbuster, Diebuster, Giant Robo, Getter ovas, Patlabor movies etc. If you still want to watch Gundam, then watch the MSG movies, Gundam 0080 and shit like that. Avoid the TV series at all costs.

Did you have some kind of spiritual revelation onm your way to /m/ ?
Gundam tv series are ok. Watch them at a leisurely pace. Not all of them together and certainly not all in one go. What most /m/-tards don't realise is that we're talking fucking tv series that were designed to be broadcast one fucking episode PER WEEK.
So people that watch like 10 episodes of Gundam Zeta in one go and then complain how it's repetitve or some other stupid excuse are just fucking stupid and shouldn't be allowed near any anime tv series let alone a mecha tv series that has 50-60+ episodes.
Remember the adage, too much of anything will kill you. With this in mind you can watch Gundam Zeta 1 episode per day and enjoy it. It has highs and lows (like any other tv series). It just won't kill your enjoyment of mecha or other Gundam tv series. Apply the adage to any anime tv series and you'll never die of anime overdose.
>>
>>14963546

I agree, in part.

I just watched the movies. There movie compilations for 0079 and Zeta. Then I skipped ZZ and watched CCA and then the 0080 OVAs (0083 was unberable though) and then F91...

The compilation movies are fine. Sure, they skip some stuff in Zeta, but that is actually a good series.

After that I think you can think for yourself, anon.

I watched all gundam except ZZ, X, Victory, shitty ovas like 08th MS team and that CGI shit (but I did watch Thunderbolt and Origin)

After Turn A I just watched Build Fighters, Try, G-Reco, and Iron Blooded Orphans (it can be entertaining) and the only thing SEED related I watched was Stargazer.

I guess I did alright.
>>
>>14963827

This. Fucking bingefags. I just managed to watch that many exactly when I stopped binging. It was a much better experience that way
>>
>>14963827
>>14963839
>>14963862
My point is that it doesn't even have to be Gundam at first.

I only got into Gundam after experiencing a lot of OVAs and movies, which was like 2 years after I started browsing /m/.
>>
File: krool.gif (1MB, 280x207px) Image search: [Google]
krool.gif
1MB, 280x207px
>>14963546
I kind of agree with this since 50 episode series can get boring but I honestly can't tell if it's a shitpost or not given recent events

somebody wake me up inside
>>
>>14963839
>Skipping ZZ
You fucking retard you disgust me
>>
File: 207.gif (39KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
207.gif
39KB, 300x100px
>this thread
>>
>>14963804
Has One actually been getting better? I noticed a lot of progress in OPM but Mob Psycho looks miles better than it did when it started.
>>
File: 1476710214148.jpg (107KB, 960x556px) Image search: [Google]
1476710214148.jpg
107KB, 960x556px
>>14963827
>You only think Zeta's slow because you waste four and a half hours without meaningful progression!
>You actually need to spend TEN WEEKS watching the same amount of nothing happen!
>>
File: 1422209050454.jpg (3MB, 2500x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1422209050454.jpg
3MB, 2500x2800px
while OP is a giant faggot I can say that after burning through Z and ZZ in just a couple of weeks I have no desire to subject myself to the same experience any time soon.

not that it was bad, but I should have spaced out gundam with some other show instead of trying to get to the movies and OVAS as quickly as possible, that being said, I had a great time with CCA and War in the pocket, Im currently watching stardust memory and Im still having a blast, totally worth it if you ask me.

Now I kinda want to branch out to some other classic mecha shows, but I cant decide wich one to take on next.

VOTOMS? Macross? LOTGH? Vifam? Dougram?
>>
I have already watched all of the following /m/ anime:
Gundam 0079
Zeta Gundam
Gundam ZZ
Char's Counterattack
Space Runaway Ideon (including the Awakening and Be Invoked films)
Gunbuster/Diebuster
Patlabor The Movie & Patlabor 2
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Armored Trooper Votoms
Neon Genesis Evangelion (+ End of Eva and the Rebuild film series)
RahXephon
And I've read some /m/-related manga (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Getter Robo, Cutie Honey).
What should I go watch next?
>>
>>14965411
I forgot to mention Full Metal Panic!, Code Geass, and G Gundam, but I know that you people are not really into that sort of pleb shit.
By the way, I hold no preference between real robots and super robots.
>>
>>14965411

try 0080 and MS 8th team
>>
>>14963546
>Gunbuster, Diebuster, Giant Robo, Getter ovas, Patlabor movies
Every single one of these is shit. And the only good thing in your pic is Galvion.
>>
>>14965428
Galvion is shit
>>
>>14965380
Fuck this gayass chart it fucking blows
>>
This thread sucks balls.

>>14965380
Dougram is nice.
>>
File: 1475515658830.jpg (45KB, 301x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475515658830.jpg
45KB, 301x400px
>>14965380
Dougram is fantastic and possibly my favourite mecha anime. There's combined arms and politics and it strikes a nice balance between serious stuff and goofy humour. The one thing I don't like is that Dougram feels like its invincible which saps tension away from fights. The thing just tanks hits.
Keep in mind that Dougram is 75 episodes long, so you might like to pace yourself after Zeta and ZZ with something shorter.

Votoms and Lotgh are also both very good shows. I can't speak for Macross or Vifam as I haven't seen them, but I've heard good things.
>>
>>14965417
Since when was G gundam considered plebshit
>>
>>14966380
Elaborate
>>
>>14963839
>Skipping ZZ

Off yourself you fucking pleb
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.