[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come /m/ doesn't like Iron Blooded Orphans? It is at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 21

File: maxresdefault.jpg (473KB, 2401x1513px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
473KB, 2401x1513px
How come /m/ doesn't like Iron Blooded Orphans? It is at least one of the less nonsense Gundam shows out there giving how the franchise tend to have characters having pacifistic/anti-war monologues/arguments with each other while mech fighting or the overuse of "love blooming on the battlefield" trope
>>
File: 55403744_p4.jpg (113KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
55403744_p4.jpg
113KB, 1000x800px
>>14960480
>how come /m/ doesn't like Iron Blooded Orphans?
S1 is boring all there is too it. But S2 is shaping up to be much better.
>>
>>14960480
-Ultra shit pacing starting from episode 2 onward
-At least half of the episodes in season 1 are mostly filler with nothing important going on
-The antagonists are far more heroic than the protagonists who have devolved into hypocritical mobsters including the underdeveloped MC who is inhumane
-Garbage music
-Extremely inconsistent animation
-Extremely poor foreshadowing
-Forcing so much dialogue you literally cannot tell what is supposed to be important half the time
-Atrocious storyboarding (especially in the final episode of season 1)
-Aside from Ein Graze nothing is likable
-Everyone that does like IBO tends to act like a snobby elite, ANN viewers literally admit they just enjoy talking scenes and everyone that do not fall into that category has either zero respect for previous entries that aren't DUH ART or are total newfag teens that don't know any better
-Morons that keep acting like it's so much better than G-Reco and someone how give no evidence beyond outdated BD sales and Lauren Osini's reviews (not that she's bad, she's just not the right fit, a guy like Mike Tool would be a better fit)
-Oh yeah and "OMG ONLY MUH PLOT/CHARACTERS/WRITING MATTER IN MUH VISUAL MEDIUM WITH MUCH MORE EFFORT THAN THAT nimrods

Congrats OP, you got your answer
>>
File: 1476058668834.png (250KB, 979x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1476058668834.png
250KB, 979x1046px
>>
>>14960506
you described Iron Blooded Ovaries disturbingly nicely, well done.
>>
File: Kimaris gundam.jpg (119KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
Kimaris gundam.jpg
119KB, 600x803px
>>14960500
>Aside from Ein Graze nothing is likable
I disagree
>>
>>14960480

It's a love/hate relationship.

Admittedly however, it is actually getting better.
>>
>>14960480
>having pacifistic/anti-war monologues/arguments
I like it. Sure, maybe it's over-used to the point almost every show has to have a pacifist but I still prefer it more to the shit fest that is IBO.
>>
>>14960500

>Aside from Ein Graze nothing is likable

Second season so far has been nothing but a who's-who of "what MS is cooler than Graze Ein".
>>
>>14960521
aside from Galan nobody is likable
>>
>>14960480
Shame it didn't cash in on all that potential, OP.

Things have been looking up however, come back in March for the final verdict.

Also
>>14960500
Nice pasta.
>>
>>14960542
>Nice pasta.
I did work hard on that, thanks.
>>
>>14960500
>-Extremely poor foreshadowing

This was really the big thing for me. IBO doesn't rely on it's mecha action, and the characters are pretty damn flat. Generic even, which is odd considering the show's setting. So, it has to rely on the strength of it's story.

The story though flat out spoiled every possible twist. Nothing surprised me at all. Things just kept on going the protagonists way despite everything, and the show kept on going "hey hey! Look at this! Wink Wink! Something's going to happen here oooooo. It's going to totally blow your mind when this happens." Throw in a slow pace to cover the lack of story, padded out scenes, and repetitive exposition resulting in the show becoming not only predictable but boring as well when it was selling itself as a high speed ride.

On top of that, the show seems enamored with it's protagonists. Mikazuki in particular. It's really doesn't understand how fucked up the whole thing is, or the reality of their actions. The show spends so much time trying to make them come across as likable it feels like it's afraid of scaring people away.
>>
>>14960537
Galan is the only competent villain since Ein. The rest are bunch of clowns like the Snake Buff Jojo Guy.
>>
>>14960480
>pacifistic/anti-war monologues/arguments
As opposed to having no memorable dialogue at all?
>>
I like the anti war arguments and Mika is just a cold blooded thug
>>
File: Abandon all hope.jpg (286KB, 1267x650px) Image search: [Google]
Abandon all hope.jpg
286KB, 1267x650px
>>14960480
>It is at least one of the less nonsense Gundam shows out there

Spending 13 god damn episodes in that ship and then have everything get derailed to some terrible colony story arc right when they were about to land on earth was too much for me. Fuck you.
>>
File: 45631114.png (579KB, 900x1100px) Image search: [Google]
45631114.png
579KB, 900x1100px
>>14960480
It bored me to no end, and managed to kill my interest with it though its plot.

I was alright with it at first, hell the space mob seemed pretty cool. Then came the Fedora Felini and the ship full of girls, that seemed cool.

Then I got to the human debris plot with the little brother. Here's where things begin to bug me. The villain was legitimately made to look like a clown. Though I'd seen worse in gundam. The other glaring problem was it came out no where. They couldn't even bother to drop a mention of the brother before that. Them they welled on this for something like 4 episodes, when the story honestly could have been done in one or two. The 'sympathetic' human debris weren't sympathetic at all, actually they were idiots. Then the way they die just made it even more pathetic. To make matters worse the whole thing only happened to give the team another gundam. It also,honestly couldn't shove look how awful our setting is any harder.
But hey I survived that arc surely it will get better, wait what's bisquick got to say
>let me go meet my brother I haven't mentioned before he works a white color job here
That was when I said it I quit. I couldn't stand the idea of another 3 episode plot about a brother never before mentioned, who also apparently can move to the earth sphere ,and get a job while bisquit is working for a paramilitary group. I may have watched every gundam series, ova, and film up to this point, but this killed my interest.
>>
>>14960695
it glorifies war though
>>
>>14960783
>I was alright with it at first, hell the space mob seemed pretty cool. Then came the Fedora Felini and the ship full of girls, that seemed cool.

This is an example of why I hate IBO so much. On paper it sounds like one of the most batshit crazy shows to exist yet everything it introduces they never actually do anything worthwhile. It has so much potential to be entertaining in a really dumb goofy way but they opted out for a pisspoor attempt at a serious drama that's just fucking retarded in a frustrating way.
>>
File: rider does gundam better.png (321KB, 712x405px) Image search: [Google]
rider does gundam better.png
321KB, 712x405px
honestly folks just watch Ex-Aid, it is more of a gundam series than IBO at this point
>>
File: superiorness.png (292KB, 647x387px) Image search: [Google]
superiorness.png
292KB, 647x387px
I don't know how they did it, but they made a gundam protagonist more annoying than Loran from Turn A (go ahead and whine, Turn A fans). In any other mecha series the space rats would be the villains, here they are the heroes. Most of the "evil" things Gjallhorn does is only said, but we see none of it while the space rats devolve into a literal crime syndicate. Normally I don't agree with over reactive parents, but this time they have a legit point where characters like Mikazuki are unfit for the gundam franchise.
>>
File: most dangerous quality.png (930KB, 960x624px) Image search: [Google]
most dangerous quality.png
930KB, 960x624px
IBO fans defend this and the many various degrees of low quality
>>
>>14960802
>>14960808
>>14960814
Stop trying to falseflag so hard dude.
>>
Post the Exterminate Space Rats to finish the A B C of cancer.
>>
>>14960824
which one is that?
>>
>>14960480
>How come /m/ doesn't like Iron Blooded Orphans? It is at least one of the less nonsense Gundam shows out there giving how the franchise tend to have characters having pacifistic/anti-war monologues/arguments with each other while mech fighting or the overuse of "love blooming on the battlefield" trope

Everything in IBO is subpar. It does nothing good enough for it to matter. C'mon you know you're looking at a shit mecha series when the first 3 fucking episodes of Xabungle have more character development and action that the whole first season of IBO. Even Gundam Age does some things better than IBO. I really don't understand how western fans that love mecha have such a hardon for this piece of shit series.
>>
During the first season the creators couldn't agree on what they want to see. They wanted to add treachery, revolution, advanced politics in comparison with the majority of the Japanese series.
Instead of that we got everything bland and boring
>>14960492
It doesn't.
>>
IBO is like homestuck in that they thought that subverting the audience's expectation of drama was a cool trick and then proceeded to run that shit into the ground
>>
File: 1467303959227.jpg (181KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467303959227.jpg
181KB, 1280x720px
I'm one of the very few people who likes the mech designs in IBO, but that's really all it has going for it.

It plays things too safe and too predictably to be engaging. The pacing is awful and the characters are flat. You can see every "twist" and plot development coming from miles off. Four out of every five episodes mostly consist of characters standing around spewing exposition or "as you know" stuff, recapping events that have already happened, or musing about how awful it is that things are the way they are while doing nothing to stop or fix it. Mikazuki is the least interesting Gundam protagonist I've ever seen. It's like someone read a bulleted list of Setsuna's character traits and made a character with it.
>>
>>14960480
>/m/ doesn't like
/m/ is not a hivemind. Some of us do like it a lot. There's really no way to tell if it's hated by a lot of people who only post occasionally or a few people who post constantly, but while the discussion of the show changes up with each new episode, the hate posts tend to be basically saying the same thing every time so I'm inclined to beliefe there are at least a couple of dedicated haters (though that doesn't necessarily mean they're in the minority, just that some of the haters repeat themselves in every thread).

Personally, though, I don't even care whether I'm in the majority or not, I'm enjoying the show and that's all that matters. I don't need other people to agree with me in order for me to enjoy watching it.

(that's your cue to insult me for liking what you don't like)
>>
>>14960916
I'm the anon with the Sazabi girl. If you like it, good for you. I'm glad you're enjoying things you spend your time watching. However, I'd like to know what you enjoy about it enough to stick with it. Personally, I avoid IBO threads that aren't asking basic questions like this, so I never really see people praise its strong suits. Mostly just bitching like I did.
>>
>>14960936
>>14960916
How about you talk about why you like it instead of complaining about the hate it gets.

>>14960936
>watched every Gundam show, OVA, movie
>can't tell the difference between Sazabi and Sinanju

But yeah, what this guy said.
>>
File: 42233305_p1_master1200.jpg (486KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
42233305_p1_master1200.jpg
486KB, 960x1200px
>>14960945
It's 1 AM where I am cut me some slack, it was a stupid tired mistake.
>>
>>14960916
>/m/ is not a hivemind

There's such a thing as a general consensus and it decided IBO IS *in AVGN voice* ASSSSSSSSSSS
>>
It's better than Thunderbolt. So it has that going for it. And people really fucking love thunderbolt for some damn reason.
But yeah S1 was like a 3/10 and so far S2 is a 6/10
>>
>>14960480
>It is at least one of the less nonsense Gundam shows out there giving how the franchise tend to have characters having pacifistic/anti-war monologues/arguments with each other while mech fighting or the overuse of "love blooming on the battlefield" trope

May to misled OP.
It did has it's bullshit like "muh family" , "muh resolution" and most importantly - "evil adults!".
explain hitler looking guy, gay clown and pig pirate captain.

Not to mention Ein aka Crank niii I must kill teh orphans while I job hard.
>>
>>14961046
Forgot to mention -
"KUDELIA SUGOI!"

s2 atleast hasn't resorted to these bullshit so far, with exception to "evil adultz".
>>
>>14960916
I'm glad that you enjoy it
But I still think it's boring
>>
>>14961046
>explain hitler looking guy, gay clown and pig pirate captain.
Pretty sure that guy is Charlie Chaplin more than he's Hitler.

>>14961048
To be fair, someone has to be evil, and it's doubtful that there's another Tekkadan out there made up of shitty teenage runaways with junkyard implants. Like, besides introducing a betrayal narrative, there's not much to do in the way of evil teenagers. There are also good adults as seen with Merribet, Naze, Cyril Figgus, and Gaelio. The others all do seem to be unrepentant dogshit, however.
>>
>>14960480
It's new. give it 4-5 years then it will be considered ok to like. Its just how /m/ works.
>>
>>14960889
>one of the few people
Uh, besides the exposed waist thing, people have warmed up the overall aesthetic pretty well. Sure, there are a few suits that are just weird, like the Hugo and Hyakuri, but people on /m/ are reasonably positive by /m/ standards.
>>
File: Chaplin_The_Kid_edit.jpg (2MB, 2248x3040px) Image search: [Google]
Chaplin_The_Kid_edit.jpg
2MB, 2248x3040px
>>14961053
>Pretty sure that guy is Charlie Chaplin more than he's Hitler.

Charlie Chaplin adopted an orphan, not trying to get them killed!
He was definitely hitler.

>To be fair, someone has to be evil, and it's doubtful that there's another Tekkadan out there made up of shitty teenage runaways with junkyard implants. Like, besides introducing a betrayal narrative, there's not much to do in the way of evil teenagers. There are also good adults as seen with Merribet, Naze, Cyril Figgus, and Gaelio. The others all do seem to be unrepentant dogshit, however.

S2 does informs us at the beginning that there is increase in child soldiers and human debris after Tekkadan's success.
And evil adults does throws OP's argument out of the window.
>>
Hoping that IBO ends like ideon
>>
>>14960480
Because when we first heard the news of
Child Mercenaries
We all thought it would be like Metal Gear Solid Gundam!.

Where we were introduce to the cast of these child soldier who were sent to war unwillingly and see their comrades die one by one. We wanted to see that each job the kids do take will eventually eat up their souls and their innocent till they are nothing more than a vessel for a death god and perhaps Orga becoming Big Boss like esque while Mika becoming Solid Snake and have their view skewered and eventually become bitter rivals

Instead we have KUDELIA SUGOI!,ORGA MASTER TACTICIAN and MIKA IS KEWL! mars princess revolution of A/Z.

I admit the only 2 good thing came from this show was Muppet Atra and how Ein infused with his graze but fucker jobbed hard.

in essence the show fucking boring.
>>
>>14960580
Ein was competent? All he ever did was job, throw himself in front of Gaelio as his meat shield and flail his axes in rampage while not actually doing any fatal damage.
>>
File: Iron-Blooded Ovaries.png (512KB, 1100x500px) Image search: [Google]
Iron-Blooded Ovaries.png
512KB, 1100x500px
Pic related more or less describes my feelings towards the show.
>>
File: graze-copypaste.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
graze-copypaste.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>
File: barbatos1.webm (930KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
barbatos1.webm
930KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>14961599
Hi Menstrual-kun, still calling people Menstrual-kun while spamming our threads
>>
>>14960500
pretty much this.

It just isn't coherent most of the time. a lot of things that the series builds up and creates tension for falls flat.They kinda got stuck on the whole "child soldier" concept as a way of bringing both their youth and adult demographics together and lost them both.

That being said, they are far above the baseline for what currently passes for good anime in japan these days.

Oneday someone from the west, someone that grew up on gundam, is going to get signed to image/vertigo and they are going to show these scrubs how to do giant robots (again).
>>
>>14961725
Menstrual-kun is likely a rogue janitor. Seriously, report his posts which are obviously flaming outside of /b/ and they never get deleted.
>>
>>14960480
>How come /m/ doesn't like Iron Blooded Orphans?
All it really boils down to is a few cancerous spammers like the "REEE!!! IRON MENSTRUATION!!!"-guy spamming hate and others just going with the flow thinking the hate is coming from more than just 2-3 individuals.

Like all gundam shows IBO has it's flaws, but these idiots like to pretend that this show's flaws are somehow leaps and bounds worse than all other shows' flaws. One thing I've noticed about these spammers is that they have one thing in common and that's the fact that they're all fanboys G-Reco, which was pretty much the perfect shitstorm for the "There's too much CG and boring designs in Gundam"-crowd. G-Reco was a show with both inspired designs and an animation budget that allowed them to use loads and loads more hand animation than most anime, but ended up being badly let down by some really bad writing. These people obviously wanted G-Reco to be good, but when it turned out not to be they've since been expressing their frustration by shittalking Gundam shows with much lower lower animation budgets.
>>
>>14960480
It's boring as fuck.
Period.

There's action every what? 2 or 3 episodes? I've been in a mental hospital before and STILL haven't wanted to kill myself as much as I did when I watched IBO
>>
How it goes from hereon decides if i like it or not.

S1 had its moments, but overall it was a boring clusterfuck.

S2 is much much better. If it continues on to get better then ill have a positive opinion of it in the end.
>>
>>14961880
Every other episode usually. Sometimes they split a battle across two episodes, starting near the end of one and finishing the start of the next, so technically they go four episodes with action in each, but it comes out to two battles in four. The only departures are when they go an extra episode for the Teiwaz induciton stuff, and the Dort Arc.

But when you're watching it one ep a week (in the original broadcast or on Toonami) it feels a lot longer.
>>
>>14961853
I don't understand why you need to bring G-reco into the argument?

during G-reco airing it need to compete with GBFtry not IBO. Its faggot like you who bring shitposter to the flock not Iron Menstruation guy.

>bad writing
When faggots complain aboot G-Reco it usually fall into these category, either the faggots can't understand the story or faggots didn't pay enough attention to it either way its the faggot's fault who cant concentrate more than 5 minutes into a children cartoon. Despite its shortage of episodes and extreme tomino style anime, G-Reco get shit done.

>IBO has it's flaws
Whereas for IBO, most complain were due to the fact that S1 is shit fuckin snooze fest. with 0 to little characterization from the get go and its predictable plot (anon predicted that fumitan is a spy from ep1) and several deus ex-machina in the story.

Truth in fact IBO has the worse story in a gundam show. Like an anon once said during the airing of the 1st season. Its a gundam show that is not a gundam show. IBO better off became an original anime instead of a gundam show.
>>
>>14960480
>It is at least one of the less nonsense Gundam shows
Its full of nonsense.

It has the peace princess, lovable child soldiers who all manage to be ripped and typical setting nonsense.
>>
>>14961853
>but these idiots like to pretend that this show's flaws are somehow leaps and bounds worse than all other shows' flaws
>Pretend

Are you new here? when the series airing people on /m/ was hyped as fuck for a gundam show about child mercenaries PMC on Mars and everyone was praising the theme for bringing back gritty and finally some hardcore element in the show since G-reco main complaint was it being too lighthearted.

Then the first episode came, people still hyped then the 2nd and finally the 3rd. By this point I personally dropped the show entirely due to its continuous exposition about things we already knew. the show treat us like we are some freaking retards who can't focus every 3 to 5 minutes.

By now most complain was the show heavy reliance on 2 character spewing exposition without moving the plot and the quality of animation. Barbatos usually in a still shot or a poorly drawn blobish cartoon.

By the end the complain was the show is boring as fuck. period

IBOS1 thread were sporadic as fuck and infested with shitposter while GRekt shitposting thread, Zeta Thread and CCA is awful because >muh char is a hero still alive and kicking

The only way you want to discuss IBOS1 was either on /a/ or some shitty anime forum.
>>
>>14961945
>I don't understand why you need to bring G-reco into the argument?
Did you not read my comment? The people who spam hate towards the show are pretty much all fanboys of that particular show. You're just proving me right on that.

The whole "G-Reco isn't badly written, people who think that are just stupid" argument is just complete nonsense. Issues relating to writing go way beyond the writing explaining things badly (there's god awful dialogue, idiotic writing of characters and many other issues), which is in itself a sign of bad writing. I always compare the writing in G-Reco to the writing in Ed Wood movies as they have coherent plots if you're not too distracted by all the terrible dialogue and acting, but the plot being coherent doesn't mean it's any good.

Trying to pretend that IBO somehow has worse writing than any other Gundam show is really just nonsense as the franchise as a whole tends to have some pretty crappy writing. It really just reeks of people trying to deflect the writing problems in G-Reco and feel better about the awful writing that way.
>>
>>14961945
>I don't understand why you need to bring G-reco into the argument?

Because anon wants to believe that fanboys of Tomino's insanity are the only people shitting on IBO in order to undermine the criticisms the show receives. It's kinda like when SEED was criticized a decade ago, it's fans characterized the people making the complaints as butthurt Wing/UC fanboys jealous of SEED's popularity.
>>
>>14960850
An apt description
>>
>>14961962
the show treat us like we are some freaking retards who can't focus every 3 to 5 minutes.

It's what people who didn't understand g reco complained to sunrise about. Therefore they compensated. And it worked. Ibo is making sunrise a shit ton of money.
>>
>>14960850

You know, this is actually pretty frighteningly accurate.
>>
>>14961962
>I only watched the first three episodes
>Let me tell you how the entire series is
>By just repeating what I read on 4chan
>>
File: rv0SYgGh.jpg (29KB, 1024x741px) Image search: [Google]
rv0SYgGh.jpg
29KB, 1024x741px
>>14962205
>The people who spam hate towards the show are pretty much all fanboys of that particular show
Congrats! You just made the stupidest comment on this board.
>>
people like it, people don't
people have to stop being so sensitive if someone doesn't like something that they like
>>
>>14962205
>Its bad because I say so
Why do people who hate G-Reco make the same mistakes over and over again?
>>
>>14960936
>'d like to know what you enjoy about it enough to stick with it.
>>14960945
>How about you talk about why you like it instead of complaining about the hate it gets.
Pointless. I don't feel a need to defend my opinion against cross-examination by people who are going to approach the "debate" by insisting that I'm a spy from an enemy website. I especially don't see a point in debating the quality of a show against people who freely admit only having watched three out of 33 episodes.

If you watched the show and didn't like it, then nothing I say will have any effect. If you didn't watch the show or watched only a few episodes and dropped it then you have nothing to bring to a discussion with me other than repeating hate posts you've read on 4chan. It's a complete waste of energy either way, and even if I were to somehow convince someone else that it's a good show the only thing I get out of it is other people validating my opinion and I don't need that to begin with.
>>
>>14960839
>I really don't understand how western fans that love mecha have such a hardon for this piece of shit series.
Because the robots don't look like plastic toys.
>>
>>14962460
>complete waste of energy
Instead of typing that whole empty rebuttle, you could've just said "I like the suit designs" or "The sound design is really nice in the battles" or something. That's all I would've liked to hear; just a normal conversation about robot cartoons man, chill out.
>>
>>14962357
>"It's bad because I say so"
>In reply to a post where I explained why I thought the writing is bad
Yes, I know you really want to like the show, but the writing really was Ed Wood tier no matter how much you rant about the writing in IBO to deflect this.

>>14962470
He has a point... Judging a 25 episode season of a show based on 3 episodes is completely retarded,

>>14962345
If stating the obvious is the dumbest post on this board...
>>
>>14962507
You didn't even explain why its bad like moist G-Reco haters and using fucking Ed Wood as an argument?
>>
>>14960480
The Gunpla is nice.
>>
>>14962507
>Judging a 25 episode season of a show based on 3 episodes
This has nothing to do with my post, I just wanna now why anon likes the show, what's so complicated about that?
>>
>>14962516
>You didn't even explain why its bad

Did I? Let's see what I wrote about the writing:
>Issues relating to writing go way beyond the writing explaining things badly (there's god awful dialogue, idiotic writing of characters and many other issues), which is in itself a sign of bad writing

Did you even read my post before you declared that I'm not even explaining why I think the writing sucked?

>>14962518
Is there any point to him explaining it when the person he's replying to stopped watching the show after 3 episodes and still declares all 33 episodes to be shit?
>>
>>14962516
Ed Wood's writing is a perfectly good example of the fact when a plot may seem incoherent, but can be followed with enough attention it's not automatically the fault of the viewer and the plot usually is just crap.
>>
>>14962526
No anon, no, there's at least two different people who want to have a conversation with that person but it looks like he can't comprehend it so whatever.
>>
>>14962470
>typing that whole empty rebuttle
It wasn't a rebuttal, it was a dismissal of the need to debate and it took very little energy to type.
Also, normal conversation about currently airing Gundam shows usually don't work. Group A praises the show, Group B shits on the show, and neither group actually listens to the other group's opinions but just looks for opportunities to shit on the other group. A long-winded explanation of why I like the show would garner very little other than a greentext of
>so in other words, you like eating literal shit
>>
>>14962589
I don't care that you like it, I just genuinely want to know the reasons why you like it. SEED Destiny could be your favorite series and I wouldn't give a shit if you had legit reasons to like it. I'd still judge you, but only silently.
>>
>>14962589
That's what tends to happen when people think that the shorter and more dismissive of somebody's opinion or argument they are, the harder they totally embarrassed and defeated that guy and his shit opinions.
>>
>>14962526
You didn't actually explain why the writing sucked though probably out of fear of being devoured by Grecofags as a result you just did the generic "insert insult-dialogue, insert insult-writing, and many other issues without explaining why.
>>14962532
Except Ed Wood was bashed because his writing didn't make sense and had lots of contradictions in them not because they were hard to follow. So yeah this comparison makes no sense.
>>
>>14962526
>>14962532
>Literally just its bad because of say so
Explain your reasonings
Give actual examples
Make an argument

Otherwise you're just shitposting. I know you're afraid to be called and proven stupid online so humor me.
>>
>>14961749
But most of them are made by your favorite designer, snapshit.
>>
>>14962683
>That's what tends to happen when people think that the shorter and more dismissive of somebody's opinion or argument they are, the harder they totally embarrassed and defeated that guy and his shit opinions.
Shorter makes me think they are tired of the argument and more dismissive opinions make me think the poster is an asshat.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 448x473px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 448x473px
>>14960480
I don't speak for /m/, but my reasons are:
>atrocious animation and art direction, which doesn't make sense after how great G-Reco looked
>terrible choreography in fight scenes (they're going for the grungy early-TTGL/FSS appeal, but without any of the hype or weightm that the aforementioned have)
>very few fights
>Fake Musashi is the only character I find remotely engaging
>>interesting ideas (Mikazuki's sociopathy, real oppresion for the first time in Gundam history) wasted on such a bland cast
>>Orga can't decide if he's Tokugawa-tonosama or Cyborg Gai but no matter how hard I try to like him he's not nearly as interesting as either of these characters
>>Kudelia hijacked the series without actually upstaging anyone
>normies love it for no other reasons than that it's kinda like Wing but more importantly not like G-Reco
>Mari Okada
I guess what I'm saying is that it makes Destiny look like Victory.
>>
we could take a lot of these complaints and form one giant image with them
>>
>>14962517
compared to what lines?
>>
>>14962720
>Waah waah... You didn't explain shit
Really? Because I mentioned both the dialogue, which was so bad even the VAs had to admit it wasn't any good, and the way in which many characters behaved, specially the main ones who somehow went from being POWs to regular members of the crew that kidnapped them as human shields. As for other examples of bad writing there's the main character who somehow succeeds in being a worse character than Kira Yamato and the complete failure of not being able to get the Char of the show to do anything except job because the main character needs to be just like Kira Yamato except more OP.

>Except Ed Wood was bashed because his writing didn't make sense and had lots of contradictions in them not because they were hard to follow. So yeah this comparison makes no sense.
Contradictions were just one of the many problems in Ed Wood's writing. The fact that they were unnecessarily difficult to follow due to him not explaining things properly is the same problem Tomino's Alzheimer writing in G-Reco has.

>>14962727
>LALALALALALA!!!! I'M STICKING MY FINGERS IN MY EARS SO I CAN'T HEAR YOUR CRITICISM AND THUS YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY HAVE ANY VALID POINTS
>>
>>14960492
S2 is shaping up to be like S1
>>
File: 1479063275907.png (2MB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1479063275907.png
2MB, 1280x2880px
I like it even if it is just for murder manlet and his antics.
>>
>>14964705
>, which was so bad even the VAs had to admit it wasn't any good
Source and you're still not explaining it
>and the way in which many characters behaved, specially the main ones who somehow went from being POWs to regular members of the crew that kidnapped them as human shields
There weren't POWs so that's strike one
> there's the main character who somehow succeeds in being a worse character than Kira Yamato and the complete failure of not being able to get the Char of the show to do anything except job because the main character needs to be just like Kira Yamato except more OP.
Wow you didn't explain one damn thing here.
>The fact that they were unnecessarily difficult to follow due to him not explaining things properly is the same problem Tomino's Alzheimer writing in G-Reco has.
That's not even the case. His movies weren't hard to follow they were lauded for their terribleness.
>>
>>14965196
Akihiro's disregard of super-robot protocol is pretty entertaining, too. Sniping people during their group pose, constantly interrupting Beardguy's villain speech, that kind of thing.

Also I like the fact that he wasn't dodging everything like certain other Gundam protagonists. Sure, he was POWER OVERWHELMING unstoppable but he was tanking a lot of shots in the process
>>
>>14965450
G-Reco is pretty much the Sons of Liberty of Gundam. People say it's incomprehensible but then you have guys who can explain pretty much everything, and there's a sense of things being intentionally made that way. Uno Takeshiro in his review talked about the show was purposefully difficult to follow in order to strengthen it's messages and critique of how in our digital information age people learn facts but not understanding of those facts (as well as preference for things being explained rather than the audience figuring it out for themselves). Urobuchi talked about how the show was about the danger of narratives and how the protagonists see things for what they are rather than how people say they are. Hell, how many times have we seen people say "X doesn't make sense" but only for people to point out information they missed that explained it?
>>
>>14965584
>G-Reco is pretty much the Sons of Liberty of Gundam

A shameless rehash of a past work elevated into pretentious pseudointellectual nonsense by those who seek some deeper nuanced meaning in the otherwise topical ramblings of a creator nowhere near the degree of auteur required for such meaning to believably be their doing?

Because lemme tell you SoL is garbage, dare I say intentional garbage with the aim of getting egg all over the player's face, encapsulating a topical message about how information rules everything around us.

People blow the last part out of proportion and completely mistake getting played the fool for being some sort of genius demonstration of Kojima's thesis, when the fact is you got rused into playing a rehash of MGS1.
>>
File: db2.gif (263KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
db2.gif
263KB, 600x903px
>>14965826
>SoL is garbage
>>
>>14963252
>normies love it for no other reasons than that it's kinda like Wing but more importantly not like G-Reco

Normal people actually watched IBO? I know it was on Toonami but even /co/ couldn't stand that shit when it aired and they're the type who would eat up Wing.
>>
>>14965486
>those two examples
>the only two times he's done it in 30+ episodes
>>
>>14965977
It ranked in as the top currently airing anime on ANN recently. People are taking that and the fact it's on Toonami that Gundam is becoming big in the West again.
>>
>>14961378
Maybe Orga should have died like Kamina instead
>>
>>14960480
I thought it was going to be ridiculous over the top grimderp bullshit which might have been entertaining but it turned out to be a fucking snoozefest of literally nothing happening ever. The entire first season feels like it has six episodes of content max.

I stopped watching the first season halfway through and then marathoned all of it when it was done, which is a way better way of watching it. In the end it did have its good points, namely Macky being a crazy asshole fucking his friends over unreasonably hard, the fantastic mecha designs (Grimgerde and Kimaris Trooper especially), and fights that aren't pew pew lasers. But the pacing just ruins it.

Hoped the second season might turn out better but it's already putting in inconsequential filler bullshit like the stupid space pirates and so far nothing's happened.
>>
>>14960492
>It isn't as completely dogshit or as sub-par as the first season so the second season is doing good now by avoiding being super mediocre by being only pretty mediocre.
>>
>>14965977
ANN, Anime Suki, MAHQ, Anime Now, they all feed misinformation to unsuspecting people that know no better.
>>
>>14966179

You say this as if most anime isn't mediocre to begin with.
>>
>>14967000
I say this because IBO is a really really really bad show, and being marginally better then its first really shitty half is not impressive.
>>
Personally, its too slow and a bit pretentious, as in "We will explain this very basic workers v capitalists sci fi plot constantly even when its unnecessary".
I think theres a good show in it, but its a 26 episode one, not 52.
>>
>>14960480
It's too boring for me to shitpost about
Though i'm not the guy who shitposts for the sake of it because i like my mecha board to not be a septic tank
>>
>>14960480
Because it's poorly directed, poorly written and poorly produced.
>It is at least one of the less nonsense Gundam shows out there
Bad execution everywhere makes it dry, dull and dumb.

People flocked to Code Geass despite it being full of nonsense.
>>
>>14960808
>the main characters of a Gundam series must be shining pillars of the community without sin

did you just miss the point of gundam entirely?
>>
>>14967989
>People flocked to Code Geass despite it being full of nonsense.
Or they're easily impressionable much like why people flocked to SEED and Frontier.
>>
>>14968029
Wow did you read that post wrong, also Domon and Garrod and Kira
>>
Not him, but I think the point is Mika hardly develops as a character so it's hard to care about him one way or the other. There's plenty of examples of main characters/groups that operate outside the law (e.g. Cowboy Bebop) but they're usually given at least some form of sympathetic motivation that the audience can get behind. Mika basically acts like a thug with no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>14968097
Meant to reply >>14968029
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.