[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of /m/echa that don't have cockpits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Kobe-tetsujin-28-01.jpg (49KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
Kobe-tetsujin-28-01.jpg
49KB, 490x333px
What does /m/ think of /m/echa that don't have cockpits and are controlled through other /m/ethods?
>>
I think they're dandy.
>>
>>14948938
>dandy.
cute
>>
Meh. If they don't have pilots in cockpits, I'd rather they just be autonomous robots.
>>
File: Mammoth_by_andreauderzo.jpg (105KB, 595x666px) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth_by_andreauderzo.jpg
105KB, 595x666px
>>14948931
They're cool. Albeit the power fantasy of actually piloting one is not exactly there.
>>
I prefer autonomous robots all around, so if it's not that then I don't have much of a preference.

okay how the fuck did Tetsujin seek Shoutarou out and look directly at him if Tetsujin is repeatedly stated to be a brainless doll
>>
File: A12532-26.jpg (37KB, 495x359px) Image search: [Google]
A12532-26.jpg
37KB, 495x359px
>>14948931
I like them almost as much as Hibino's hibinos.
>>
>>14948931
I love them but a lot of that love is based on how different they are from conventional cockpit mechs. I grew up with the modern standard, if I watched them back in the fifties or sixties when they were the genre standard my feelings might be different. You can still some of their old influence on more modern shows, even ones where the robots are autonomous. There's a lot of kid protagonists in Brave shows who aren't pilots per say but still use remote control devices and power ups on the robots.
>>
>>14951292
2004? He was going for the control box
>>
>>14951923
In a later episode, when Shoutarou is looking at the horizon from the roof of a building, Tetsujin turns to look at him. I know it was just supposed to be dramatic, but realistically, it should have been an impossible movement. I wish they'd addressed it, like "Dr. Kaneda installed an extremely limited AI that leads Tetsujin to look for the most trustworthy person in times of peril!" or something that would keep it from regularly acting on its own, but still being capable of clumsily interacting with Shoutarou.
>>
>>14952569
I suspect its the really Japanese answer here and say Tetsujin develops a soul as the series goes on
>>
>>14953153
Seems legit.
>>
>>14948931
I don't like them. I love Giant Robo because of the mixing of the characters, but the thing I care less is GR itself and Daisaku.
I watched Tetsujin for its retro-style, and really enjoyed the nostalgia feeling. But I prefer mechs with cockpits.
Still I'd like to see a Giant Robo Kanketsu-Hen.
Maybe drawn by Masayuki Fujiwara. He's the best choice. Just read Giant Robo Tanjo-hen and the SRW 64 doujin.
>>
File: maxresdefault2jpg-9b3b25_1280w.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2jpg-9b3b25_1280w.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
Can this fit the bill?
>Humanoid robot that's about 8 ft in height
>The pilot's consciousness it transferred to the robot and his physical body stays above Earth's orbit.
If the robot gets destroyed, he becomes brain-dead.
That's what happened in the end.
>>
>>14948931
A very underappreciated style; I actually kind of prefer it to cockpits when done in the vein of Giant Robo because it means that the operator is usually less insulated from the action

It's a lot easier to make a show exciting if the operator has to ride on the exterior through an explosion or something rather than just having the cockpit shake a little
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.