[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, since Viz is publishing Gundam Thunderbolt... is Vertical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Gundam_thunderbolt_ona_3_poster.jpg (363KB, 1102x1481px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_thunderbolt_ona_3_poster.jpg
363KB, 1102x1481px
So, since Viz is publishing Gundam Thunderbolt... is Vertical not doing anything more with Gundam? Never heard anything more since they did a survey and the last volume of Origin released.
>>
>Viz is doing thunderbolt

Oh joy, I can't wait for like 1 volume a year and then its dropped halfway through.

I especially can't wait for viz to start shill threads here like they do on /a/ (At least standing V was open about it and only made a thread around release of the first couple volumes).
>>
>>14943096
First volume came out this week, and the next two are able to be preordered on amazon, coming out in Feb and May. So... not that bad in release schedule.
>>
>>14943076
>Never heard anything more since they did a survey and the last volume of Origin released.

There latest (manga) survey just finished. A few days ago, they said that there would be more Gundam, and that it'd be next year. https://twitter.com/Vertical_Comics/status/797147259498532864

Since we're on the subject, they should be doing a novels survey before the end of the year. That's a perfect time to recommend any of the plethora of Gundam novels that remain untranslated.
>>
File: 147320507567324.jpg (146KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
147320507567324.jpg
146KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>14945495
Leqd
>>
>>14943096
Viz hasn't really dropped series since the end of the 2000s. They even published all of Muhyo and Rouji for fucks sake, how much of a hosing did they take on that?
>>
>>14943076
While Origin sold better than expected, it wasn't a gangbusters title like One Punch Man or Naruto.

Yes, every volume made the bestseller list the week they released, but they fell off rather quickly as time went on.

Overall, I think they made a rather small profit on the series.

IMO They are probably trying to be ultra cautious with their next release. Origin is widely considered to be THE premiere Gundam manga currently out. If it was only mildly successful, then they can't have any sort of flop.
>>
>>14946946
This.

The last thing Vertical is to license something like Char's Deleted Affair and have the release tank of them.

They sure as hell don't want to earn the reputation Viz did by dropping long running series that don't sell well.
>>
>>14943127
Hi-Streamer?
>>
>>14945495
Why do they're faces look so messed up?
>>
>>14943076
Vertical was pissed it wasn't making mountains of dosh off of the preorders for the first volume. They were threatening to drop the project because people didn't care and one of their employees even mentioned /m/ in a tweet accusing us of not caring.

One of the employees made an announcement during one of the earlier volumes they had no plans to do something Gundam related ever again, but would nevertheless finish the release.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.