[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new King Kong trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9y 6

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 14

File: tumblr_ogrtsd9SOA1s8tv63o8_1280.png (643KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogrtsd9SOA1s8tv63o8_1280.png
643KB, 1280x720px
new King Kong trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9y6oPka3us

most definitely liked the first trailer better, but seems like this could be fun.

Thoughts on the legendary Godzilla/Kong movies?
>>
>>14941276
Not /m/
>>
>>14941370
>Has planes
Its /m/
Sorry /a/, this will never your weebs only retirement home
>>
>>14941276
too big
>>
>>14941370
Kaiju are honorary /m/
>>
>>14941405
Planes don't make shit /m/, retard, there's entire boards devoted to both real world vehicles and to military hardware. Otherwise every movie ever would be /m/ for featuring cars or planes.

If it belongs here at all it's >>14941413 , which is a tenuous link at best. There's a mechagodzilla and Godzilla is sorta kinda similar to the old school giant monsters Dynamic Pro and Sentai fought, so it gets the same sort of weak ass pass that Doctor Who gets sometimes.

King Kong has nothing whatsoever to do with any of that, it's literally just a giant ape that was a smash hit in the 30s and gets revived every so often. The only way it even relates is the current rights holders are trying to shoehorn Japan's default giant monster and America's default giant monster into the same continuity.
>>
Well... I actually like the idea of a less serious movie with an island full of giants monsters. The comedy... may be too much, or we just saw most of it to trick normies. I'm still waiting for a new Godzilla with a side plot involving a little loud mouthed Japanese kid beating alien invaders that looks suspiciously like Japanese men.
>>
>>14941425
autism the post
>>
>>14941437
If we're just going to make anything with anything giant in it /m/, then we might as well be /tv/.
>>
>>14941469
We've been that for years. Get the fuck over it, shitposting in a thread will do nothing about it but waste everybody's time.
>>
>>14941475
>We've been that for years.
Not for things without tech or a near-enough equivalent.
>>
So it's going to be more like the '76 Kong? I could dig it.
>>
>>14941483
This. Godzilla there's a teeny amount of logic there that's understandable as to why it pops up on a recurring basis, and it's perfectly tolerable in that form. But King Kong just is not mecha in any way shape or form.
>>
>>14941495
Mechanikong? King Kong Escapes? Part of the Showa Godzilla cannon? But still doesn't belong on /m/?
>>
>>14941469
>>14941495
We're the home of giant monster movies, most of which are Godzilla connected. Not like we have King Kong and Gamera threads often, and even Godzilla isn't on the catalog every week. We can take a few Kong threads over the next year.
>>
File: unrustled.jpg (171KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
unrustled.jpg
171KB, 500x628px
>>14941276
I'll be honest and say that I think it looks stupid.

But I'm really only looking for some hot monkey-on-helicopter action anyway and it looks great in that regard.

What are the chances that there will be a Godzilla '14 Easter egg? Hopefully, Legendary will still have the rights to put a cross-over movie into a production eventually.
>>
>>14941425
My God, cry more. You fags only want this board to be about Gundam, and surprise surprise, that can't constitute an entire fucking board.
>>
File: let it go.jpg (137KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
let it go.jpg
137KB, 1000x600px
>>14941370

Kaiju, sentai, and other toku-shit get posted on /m/ on regularly. Besides, /m/ is a slow board even with all non-mecha activity.
>>
>That's Kong, he's king around here
>>
>>14941537
just because people post it regularly doesn't make it an excuse.

only /m/ toku is allowed. anything else should be taken to /tv/
>>
>>14941425
>Planes don't make shit /m/
Kaiju, like the giant monkey featured prominently in the video, do.
>>
>>14941529
>Hopefully, Legendary will still have the rights to put a cross-over movie into a production eventually.
That's literally the plan.
>>
>>14941556
>just because people post it regularly doesn't make it an excuse.
No, but the fact that this is literally the board for Kaiju media, does.
>>
>>14941570
>literally the board for Kaiju media,
it says /m/ mecha, not /m/ mecha and kaiju
>>
File: relax.gif (997KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
relax.gif
997KB, 500x700px
>>14941571

Airing out your grievances in some random thread isn't going to change anything. Take it up with the 4chan admin staff if you feel so strongly about it.
>>
>>14941537
I thought sentai was posted on /m/ regularly because they have giant robots though, like with Power Rangers
>>
can we talk about king kong now?
>>
>>14941633
no, take it to /tv/
>>
File: 220px-King_Kong_Escapes_1967.jpg (28KB, 220x315px) Image search: [Google]
220px-King_Kong_Escapes_1967.jpg
28KB, 220x315px
>>14941638
Mechani Kong says otherwise
>>
For real though, I think kaiju related stuff should stay on /m/. yes, strictly speaking, it should be on /tv/ but audience wise, /m/ (and even /a/) makes more sense. Also, /tv/ is absolutely shit for proper discussions, especially at this point of time.
>>
>>14941571
>it says /m/ mecha, not /m/ mecha and kaiju
I'm sorry your upset people are talking about kaiju in the board that, among other things, is for talking about kaiju.
>>
File: gojitrans.png (680KB, 619x480px) Image search: [Google]
gojitrans.png
680KB, 619x480px
Mods should really ban the "not muh /m/" faggot on sight.

That being said this looks pretty good for a western kaiju flick, will watch and support it for the Kong/Godzilla crossover.
>>
>>14941892
My guess is that this time they took poeple who actually used to watch and like Kaiju to direct their movies instead of jackasses like roland emmerich who can only make disaster movies
>>
I really love Toku threads and all, but.
I thought that just Tokusatsu was allowed in this board, this film isn't Toku.
Anyway, the monsters look cool.
>>
>>14941276
Yeah, the first trailer get's me hyped whenever I watch it. This one was wierd, had a totally different tone, but man, all those monsters! Is the spider supposed to be Kumonga or just a random giant spider? Skull Island is really gonna be Monster Island huh?
>>
>>14941892
So mods shouldn't ban people who post random not /m/ shit on /m/. Fuck off
>>
>>14942032
Technically any work with special effects would be tokusatsu. CGI apes included.
>>
>>14942032
Tokusatsu is not allowed on this board. If it I'd, I guess all anime is allowed too, even non /m/ ones
>>
If the tokusatsu show has blatant /m/ content, yes it's /m/ but there's nothing mechanical about a giant monster. This board title says mechs, not Mecha and kaiju. That's tv territory.
>>
Just go on /qa/ and make hiroshimoot give toku its own board
>>
>>14942110
We literally had a mod approve tokushit years ago.
>>
>>14942162
Mods don't decide what is or isn't on topic for a board. A shitposter who happens to be a mod is still a shitposter.
>>
>>14942175
Except a community shitstorm occurred and mods declared /m/ the only semi relevant place. And Godzilla comes up occasionally, I love some Godzilla. Don't you? Kong doesn't really rev many engines but it's pretty harmless to have a periphery topic. It's like Star Trek threads for (not) mecha scifi anime. Every few months it's A-OK. (We even had a Kong reveal thread and made it an excuse to stream shit) At least thin your paints before you huff them.
>>
>>14942194
*Trek threads or (not) mecha scifi anime
>>
>>14942106
Yeah, but if that'd be so then we could talk about almost anything in /m/.
>>
Delete this thread and start over.
>>
File: Kong Monster.jpg (284KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kong Monster.jpg
284KB, 1920x1080px
Best monster coming through.
>>
>>14941431
>I'm still waiting for a new Godzilla with a side plot involving a little loud mouthed Japanese kid beating alien invaders that looks suspiciously like Japanese men.
Eh, that's more of a Gamera thing. The only Godzilla movies I remember with a Kenny were vs. Megalon and Godzilla's Revenge, and he didn't do much in the former. BABY RIDER
>>
>>14941490
Yeah, I get that feeling too - and I'm a-okay with that. Remaking an inferior remake is certainly one way to make another Kong more palatable.
>>
>>14942225
That's about right. vs. Hedorah also had a useless child with a scientist father. I hadn't seen Shin, and dodge the topic, but I imagine their human element is the government cabinets and some protagonist employees. Say vs. Gigan, that had humans mucking along and helped save the day. Godzilla 2014 got a little plus point for having a (silent) kid tag along, but the humans really did nothing useful by the end. Ken Watanabe seemed like he was primed to be the guy that tips things for Godzilla, but he just mouth breathes and lets the monsters go at.
>>
>>14942228
On the bright side, they'll have to use the Empire State Building, since a certain couple of towers can't be used anymore.
>>
>>14941425
>King Kong has nothing whatsoever to do with any of that, it's literally just a giant ape that was a smash hit in the 30s and gets revived every so often.

King Kong was the inspiration for Eiji Tsubarya to create Godzilla and for Gerry Anderson to create the Thunderbirds. It's /m/ legacy.
>>
>>14942162
Mods approved /m/ toku you dumbshit, considering people were trolling sentai and kamen rider threads, which are legit /m/.

And they're right. Why should toku in general be accepted on /m/? What part of an organic monster is mechanical? It's fucking not.
>>
>>14941276
My only problem with this whole master plan of ending in a zilla '14 vs kong is that with the recent scale of Godzilla, Kong isn't that big so either they're going to shrink Godzilla or make Kong bigger an thats going to look stupid
>>
>>14942581
Shadow Of The Colossus but with Kong climbing Fatzilla
>>
>>14942214
I look at this thing and can only think of what weapon I would craft after hunting it
>>
>>14942581
They might be going for speed with Kong so that he would mostly escape and harass Godzilla until the real enemy appears
>>
>>14942581
They confirmed this Kong isn't fully grown. Fifty years will pass from it to the time he fights Godzilla so he'll have plenty of time to grow.
>>
File: 1454950800492.jpg (270KB, 910x1287px) Image search: [Google]
1454950800492.jpg
270KB, 910x1287px
Going to be honest, never been a huge Kong fan but this movie looks interesting. The Skullcrawler monsters look neat, if a bit too similar to the MUTOs. Definitely want to see Kong vs. Godzilla though.
>>
>>14941276
The focus on comedy felt like it came out from the left field and from what is shown of it in the trailer I'm not too big a fan of it. Expectations have been lowered, but I'll still watch it.
>>
File: betrayal.jpg (52KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
betrayal.jpg
52KB, 500x531px
>>14941425
>There's a mechagodzilla
>King Kong has nothing whatsoever to do with any of that, it's literally just a giant ape that was a smash hit in the 30s and gets revived every so often.
>>
>>14942032
>I thought that just Tokusatsu was allowed in this board, this film isn't Toku.
It literally is, by definition.
>>
>>14943093
That like saying that cartoons should be allowed in /a/.
>>
>>14941529
The viral stuff for this movie is classified Monarch files so there's already that connection
>>
>Good for your health
Dude had Kaneda's jacket?
>>
>>14942228
Eh, ı liked '76 for what it was, even if it was very much an artifact of its time. The effects were pretty good and the ending was a gutter punch. Regardless ı don't think you can do better than Jackson's if you wanted to do a serious Kong unless you get some pretty serious personal vision and production values, so it's better for them to try doing something else.
>>
>>14943244

???
>>
>>14943244

the fuck kinda i is that?
>>
File: kingkong.jpg (13KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
kingkong.jpg
13KB, 512x288px
>>14943249
>>14943283
Maybe his upper body was eaten
>>
Won't lie, while I'm excited for this movie, I really preferred the first trailer. Kong just seemed ominous in the first trailer the way we only got fleeting looks at him. This trailer was a bit too comedic for my tastes but overall, I still can't wait.

I do like the Apocalypse Now imagery in the movie though, especially that one shot around 1:31 of the new trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfknzBAdPyA
>>
File: 1478039738292.jpg (101KB, 1200x863px) Image search: [Google]
1478039738292.jpg
101KB, 1200x863px
>>14941370
>Not /m/
>>
>>14943310
>Kong just seemed ominous in the first trailer the way we only got fleeting looks at him.
I'm glad that seems not to be the case now. I'm sick of this portrayal of giant monsters in giant monster movies as some special treat that we're only allowed to see in teasing glances.
>>
>>14941556
>anything else should be taken to /tv/
God no.
>>
>>14941571
>not /m/ mecha and kaiju
Well it should.
>>
>>14941425
You are a raging faggot and should kill Yourself quickly
If we say its /m/ its /m/ newshit. Deal with it
>>
>>14941276
wow so quirky just like the avengers :)
>>
>>14941495
Nice samefag cunt
>>
>>14943584
no it shouldn't.

it should be taken to /tv/.
>>
It's kinda' funny to see Kong bring out a shitstorm. Last thread for the teaser was very unceremonious. Got me thinking, Godzilla and Kong are generally the biggest names for giant monsters. Godzilla does have some more obvious /m/ connection through is own mecha doppleganger, and team ups with Ultraman. Kong is a giant ape from an antique land. Kong was this primordial creature from an age of adventure and discovery lost. He was the last wonder of the world. Godzilla's story was from the age of science, born of man's reckless use of technology and premiering a year before the space race began. This was a big shift in fiction, leading into decades of scifi until it exploded again in the 70's. Godzilla, to it's core, is more tilted toward /m/'s aftertaste of technology and science. I'd still say a Kong thread on /m/ isn't bad since he'd more aligned to Godzilla's fame than his own anymore, but he's a big stretch. It's like how every rare once and awhile we have space ships, tanks, warships, Star Trek, speculative tech threads, AI, scifi anime missing most /m/ elements, or that one really fun industrial lathe thread. Every so often is cool. But only every so often.

Hope to see a thread near release, Kong.
>>
>>14941276
Looks meh, the comedy seems really forced to attract the dude-bro crowd. I'll maybe rent it.
>>
File: MHGen-Duramboros_Render_001.png (665KB, 928x560px) Image search: [Google]
MHGen-Duramboros_Render_001.png
665KB, 928x560px
>>14942214
>>
>>14941529
>What are the chances that there will be a Godzilla '14 Easter egg?
I want the "obligatory t-rex fight" be replaced with Kong vs Rodan.
>>
>>14941276
I see a bad moon rising
>>
File: 24554.jpg (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
24554.jpg
217KB, 1920x1080px
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.