[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically speaking... Who was in the wrong here? Did the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

Realistically speaking...

Who was in the wrong here?

Did the Feddies have right of way or should those Zeon faggots stop sucking each other's dicks long enough to get out of the way?
>>
>The Origin
Realistically speaking the Feds are always in the wrong in The Origin
>>
>>14940063
I don't care about any of that what legitimately triggers me about Origin is that this fan fiction level writing was done by a grown man.
>>
>>14940063
It was the weekened. The Feds were just letting off steam. It didn't count cause they were family members of military personnel.
>>
>>14940059

It's a commercial liner on an approved flight path. The only reason that the Salamis captain was as needlessly bull-headed as he was was so that there could be conflict and drama born from a contrived coincidence.

Why the fuck was this changed from a meteroid impacting the agricultural block in the manga?
>>
>>14940107
To make the Feddies look bad, of course.
>>
>>14940063
>Realistically speaking the Feds are always in the wrong in modern Gundam

FTFY
>>
>>14940107
>director of 0083 and MS IGLOO changes things to paint the Feds in the worst possible light

Is anyone else surprised? I knew it was only a matter of time before Imanishi's hard-on for Zeon showed up in Origin. I'm fully expecting the parts of the Loum Arc from the manga that show Zeon at its worst ( the destruction of Side 2, the gassing of Iffish and Garma's rampage through Loum) to either get excised or changed to make Zeon look better.
>>
>>14940252

Here, have this totally real sneak peak of dialog from the upcoming Loum arc.

"Those feddie BASTARDS!"
"What is it Knife Grownman?"
"You know those canisters of Life Gas you found on our doorstep?"
"Yeah! The colonists love being alive. They will be so thankful!"
"I thought so too. But if you peel back this tape..."
"Mein gott. It says Death under there!"
"It sure does, Knife. Those feddie scumbags rused us. We thought we had death preventing life gas, but what we REALLY have is life preventing DEATH gas!"
"WE HAVE TO WARN THE OTHERS, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE."

And then it was too late.

Did you like it? I think its great. People are gonna love it.
>>
>>14940280
Not bad, anon. But I don't think you're having the Feds being evil enough. Maybe you should add a scene of a fat Feddie official gloating about how gullible the Zeeks are while sipping wine from the skull of a Spacenoid baby.
>>
>>14940280
>>14940294

Add to it the fat feddie captain picking up a dog, and then kicking it out of an airlock, and then shooting at the dog after it has already been shot out of the ship.

That right there is the proper level of evil for feddies.
>>
>>14940059
They were both in the wrong.

If either of them made the concious choice to stay on course just to be stubborn even though there was a chance of collision are shit captains.
>>
Why do /m/ have so many EFF asskissers?

I do not see this much criticism of Zeon being written as space nazis by Tomino.
>>
>>14940114
Well, basically, didn't most of the Gundam anime show the Feds as not being anywhere near as bad as Zeon, so nobody understood why Zeon rebelled?

They're just trying to retcon how bad the Feddies are.
>>
>>14941080
Normalfags and Moralfags who have flooded /m/ in recent years in part because of the Bugfags.
>>
>>14941101
We are going to make /m/ great again, brah.
>>
>>14940114
>>14941095
Pretty much both of these. Given how big the Zeon fandom is in Japan, it's not really surprising that Zeon is painted in a semi-favorable light just to make both sides seem bad and add tension/drama to the whole universe.

Pretty sure that the Zeon fanwank's existed at least in part ever since 0079 anyways. Tomino took the time to portray most Zeon soldiers as regular and even likable guys that aren't too different from the Federation soldiers (as opposed to just being cartoon villains who are evil for the hell of it), the place where he made Zeon look the most evil is at the upper tiers with Degwin, Kycilia and Gihren. Even in 0080, /m/'s most beloved Gundam work, it's literally just the one guy at the top, Killing, who's very obviously evil, while the rest are neutral at worst.

Part of the problem is that it's rarely ever shown how evil/corrupt the Federation was. They were roughly neutral for the most part in Zeta (it was the TEE-TAHNS that were mainly evil), and there was literally only like one scene dedicated to corrupt higher-ups in ZZ. In CCA this was cast mainly in the incompetence and decadent direction (Hathaway only getting a seat on the last flight to space because of political favoritism, the entire Federation side of the treaty with Char being so fucking stupid that they think he won't use that huge asteroid they just gave him in a colony drop).
>>
>>14941171
What about in 0079? The Feddies were shown as being pretty corrupt and spending all their money building fortresses in the jungle and hiding in it instead of fighting honorably.
>>
>>14941176
While Zeon has the Zabi living in the Fortress of Evil and gassing spacenoids.
>>
File: raiden.png (164KB, 405x750px) Image search: [Google]
raiden.png
164KB, 405x750px
>>14940078
>fan fiction level writing was done by a grown man.
That's 99% of the anime genre, newfag.
>>
>>14941187
Pretty sure that gassing was never directly mentioned in the show itself, the only illustrated atrocity on their part was dropping the colony on New York City and M'Quve attempting to launch that nuke that Amuro cut in half with his beam saber.

The first time we see an actual colony gassing is in Zeta, by the TEE-TAHNS, though supplementary materials made after the fact did point to Zeon colony gassings during the OYW.
>>
>>14940107
Its not as flashy and this makes for a better escalation. Having a meteorite smash an agricultural block because the feds didn't tell them about the meteor just isn't exiting; it still more or less communicates the same thing.
>>
>>14940280
Just do what the Shin Matsunaga manga did.

>Those EF bastards are using the colonies as shields! Have they no honor? (Meanwhile Zeon adding engines to the colonies is quickly glossed over).
>>
>>14941196
How about that scene in the Gundam movies where Gihren wants to reduce earth population for easier controlling?
>>
>>14941222
There are legit reasons why a colony might need engines.

Shin Matsunaga, Johnny Ridden and Anavel Gato are top fucking chaps and I would love to fight with them.
>>
>>14941223
How is this wrong? Do you think China's one child policy was for shit and giggles?
>>
>>14940059
Is the Musai seriously based off of a cruise liner, or is it just a military vessel masquerading as one?
>>
>>14941259
>It's okay for the space nazis to implement eugenics because shit bag communist did it first

I can't tell if trolling or not.
>>
>>14941273
His point was stupid but so is calling that eugenics.
>>
>>14941261
It's probably the former. The Musai has no AA defense and the hangar is tiny. It was built in numbers because it was designed as a light cruiser with relatively heavy firepower (6 MP guns) that could fight decently well at a range, especially after launching MS. It's not quite as well armed or able to carry as many suits as the older Chivvay class.
>>
>>14941273
>Implying there's anything wrong with eugenics.
>>
>>14941259
There's a difference between a policy of birth control and cleansing the Earth Sphere of the weak and unworthy.
>>
>>14941196
Zeon gassing at least one colony is treated as pretty much established fact. Anytime people talk about the Titans gassing colonies they're directly compared to Zeon. In fact, when Kamille first hears about the 30 Bunch gassing he says 'Just like what Zeon did!'
>>
>>14940059
>graze a civilian liner
>engine goes haywire despite it not actually getting touched in the collision
>proceed to fully-body crumple zone into an agricultural block and then explode

I forgot just how fucking stupid this scene was. It's almost as bad as Leos exploding messily every time a stiff breeze hits them and they're not being piloted by a named character. It's no wonder warships in the Gundam universe are relegated to being MS fodder, apparently their armor plating is made out of ammonia and styrofoam.
>>
>>14941321
Clearly it was an inside job.

Federation rocket fuel can't melt Zeon colony hulls.
>>
>>14941289
90% of this board wouldn't exist if eugenics was enacted.
>>
>>14941331
So wouldn't that last remaining exemplary ten percent then become one-hundred percent of the board?
>>
>>14941080
Because EFF awesome Despite the corruption EFF still treated human lives with virtue and do their best to protect it.

While Zeon and the rest of spacenoids rebellion focus on superiority over everyone else, EFF saw itself as the defender of mankind and will always focus on diplomacy than military, they are naive to think that the rest of spacenoids thinking like them.

Even in the end, when everything came crashing down on them the EF manage to gave last one fuck you to the Zanscare empire before eventually disbanded
>>
>>14941347
There wouldn't be enough users or a high enough volume of posting to warrant splitting us off from /a/ in the first place.
>>
>>14941205
>Its not as flashy
I think two ships crashing together and making a spectacular explosion is helluva lot more flashier than an asteroid collision.
>>
>>14941261
No, it's relatively unrelated. The same designer designed the cruise liner and converted it to the Papua-class freighter, then designed the Musai based off the most efficient way to resupply from the freighter.
>>
>>14941193
There's a difference between generic anime #9999 hack tier plot writing and this which reeks of 14 year old fan girl fiction.
>>
>>14941193
99% of fiction, really.
>>
>>14941328
I was about to say. All of this was part of Gihren's keikaku.
>>
>Origin manga comes out
>Everyone on /m/ is excited at every release, everyone praises the fuck out of it and YAS

>Fast forward to now
>HURR THIS FAN FIC LEVEL WRITING
>LOL WHOS YAS
>READ THINGS? NAH
stop it you fucking newfags you should all be killed
Yas Created Gundam just as much as Tomino did, suck my cock
>>
>>14943422
The problem is all the fanfiction Yas wrote about Char.
>>
>>14943422
/m/ just a bunch of bored trolls; even by 4chans, we get off to rustling each other's jimmies.
>>
So has the new retcon technology surpassed that of Victory yet?
>>
>>14943504
>Origin
>retcon
Naw mang, Origin is a non-canon re-interpretation/re-imagining by Yas, it's about as relevant to the Gundam franchise as A New Translation.
>>
>>14941080
I'm less bothered by people liking EFF than I am by idiots who see Zeon apologism literally everywhere. Origin shows up even the nicest Zabi, it's not sympathizing with shit.
>>
>>14943583
A New Translation is part of the main timeline where the TV series got retconed.

Origin is an alternate timeline
>>
>>14941563
I was referring to the meteor collision
>>
>>14941283
>selectively aborting children in order to achieve the most desired outcome
>not eugenics

Margret Sanger please.
>>
>>14943780
I know you hate ZZ, but at least try to make your bait at least passably believable.
>>
>>14943432
Question speaking of the manga, you've read its version of the flashback events yet? Anyways, I don't find the arc (or any"fanficwhatever" you see in it) in general any worse than your usual Gundam OVA, with 0080 being a (possible) exception.

)>>14942443
>There's a difference between generic anime #9999 hack tier plot writing and this which reeks of 14 year old fan girl fiction.
In many cases in the industry, it goes more hand in hand than you think.
>>
>>14940059
Per maritime law both have a responsibility to do everything they can to avoid collision. They both failed to take adequate steps to avoid the collision even though there was ample time to do so. Both are wrong.

You don't get to be involved in a collision you could have avoided and be in the right.
>>
File: 20160820131232f40.png (696KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160820131232f40.png
696KB, 1280x720px
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.