[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

“Fate: Amuro Ray’s existence is of great importance to Char

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 9

“Fate: Amuro Ray’s existence is of great importance to Char Aznable. It is not due to a lack of understanding that they continuously clash. Rather, the fact that they comprehend one another too well is to blame for their status as long-standing rivals.”
Source: Char Aznable-pia Pia Mook, 5/13/2016

“I tried to close the curtain on the subject of Char and Amuro. If I had one thing to say about the way I did, it’s that in order for me to develop as a writer, instead of concluding a war story… that is, yes, yes, yes. I thought it would be good if, maybe, I could highlight the sensuous elements… to the point that you’d think, “Could Char and Amuro be gay?” I think fiction writing is, more than anything… like I just said, about conveying that sensuality, having the audience pick up on it… if they can’t, that’s no good.”
Source: Char’s Counterattack Fan Club Book, Yoshiyuki Tomino Interview, 11/26/1993

“But as the battle reaches its climax, Char discards his inner mask to bare his true face. Saying: “You’re worthy of being my rival!”, he abandons his position as general of an entire army in order to pursue his foe… Amuro himself had been Char’s genuine motive. He enters their final battle not as the son of Zeon Deikun or the leader of Neo Zeon but as Char Aznable the man, at long last. To Char, Amuro is a rival with whom he feels compelled to settle the score. But it is also only when fighting Amuro that Char is able to reveal the depths of his heart, from which he denied even Nanai entry.”
Source: Char’s Counterattack Long Select Series Encyclopedia, 1/16/1991
>>
>>14937019

“Gyunei sighed. To him, Char’s words sounded like an attempt to persuade Amuro. “But Captain, that’s impossible! Amuro will never ally himself with you!” […] Amuro and Char had once been brothers in arms. Gyunei was vexed by the thought that Char might still harbor feelings for Amuro.”
Source: Hi-Streamer Novelization, Written by Yoshiyuki Tomino, 12/31/1987

“Speaking of the first film, that [sensuality] isn’t limited to the scene between Amuro and Frau Bow. I believe it exists in Char and Amuro’s reunion as well. Kamille, a foreign body, gets between them so that everyone watching thinks: “You idiot!” Why that reaction? It’s because, in response to the sexuality between these two men, somewhere within all the viewers is the urge to shout: “Quit interfering, you’re just some punk kid!” That’s what I think (laughs).”
Let’s Talk About Z Gundam!, Yoshiyuki Tomino Interview, 10/1/2005

Interviewer: “So after watching the first film, which was also your introduction to Zeta Gundam, what were your thoughts?”
Yukana: “I came to the conclusion that nothing can beat the bond between Char and Amuro. The subtitle of the second film is Lovers, but I think Char and Amuro are the biggest lovers of all (laughs). I call them that, but their relationship transcends gender. For Char, there’s only Amuro, and for Amuro, there’s only Char… that was my impression.”
Interviewer: “Hmm, that’s perceptive of you (laughs).”
Source: Let’s Talk About Z Gundam!, Interview with Yukana, 10/1/2005

“That aside, Amuro and Char aren’t sworn enemies by any means. When the war is over with, the essential nature of their relationship would dictate they become good friends.”
Source: Monthly OUT Magazine, Yoshiyuki Tomino Interview, 3/1/1980
>>
>>14937028

“However, people exist possessing a single physical body. The memories accumulating in the depths of their bodies, intertwining with what we call emotions, shaped the men into the forms they were meant to occupy in the present. That’s exactly why, harboring a yearning in response to change, they desired the stimulation of one another. If they had encountered anyone besides themselves capable of stimulating them, they would never have ended up facing off in the way that they did. But, unfortunately, they were not able to discover a new Newtype in their midst.”
Source: Preface to Beltorchika’s Children, Written by Yoshiyuki Tomino, 2/20/1988

“Amuro and Char reunite for the first time in seven years. They picked up on each others presence before meeting in the flesh; truly, a bond beyond lovers.”
Source: We Love Gundam: Zeta Gundam Complete Episode Analysis, 4/27/2003

“Amuro even casts aside his antagonism toward Char. Since, by nature, he intrinsically likes Char, with that out of the way there’s no more cause for concern. That’s why Amuro is able to defend the airspace above Dakar and encourage Char as he wallows in self-reproach.”
Source: Z Gundam Rapport Deluxe Encyclopedia, Amuro Ray Character Profile, 8/25/1986

Interviewer: “[At Dakar], Amuro defends the assembly and even finds it in him to chide a sullen Char. Did he not realize [Char’s true intentions] at the time?”
Tomino: “Amuro is fond of Char. So yes, he had an idea.”
Source: Z Gundam Rapport Deluxe Encyclopedia, Yoshiyuki Tomino Interview, 8/25/1986
>>
>>14937029

“From his own response, Amuro knew Lieutenant Quattro was Char. Why else had his body gone so stiff? He felt it was out of true surprise that he now held his breath. The man, blonde with sunglasses, jumped off the crane; the way he carried himself was familiar to Amuro. “Why…?” Amuro gazed calmly at the man approaching him. His manner of walking was beautiful. “Char…” Amuro muttered. No hatred welled within him.”
Source: Zeta Gundam Novelization, Written by Yoshiyuki Tomino, 6/24/1985

Gundam is a story about a gay couple having a squabble.
>>
File: 1476428002602.jpg (67KB, 600x506px) Image search: [Google]
1476428002602.jpg
67KB, 600x506px
>>14937033

And that's why we like it. This shit is timeless, just look at Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
>>
File: 121212334552626.jpg (201KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
121212334552626.jpg
201KB, 1280x720px
Explains the hardcore fujos in the Gundam fandom.
>>
File: 4chins.png (45KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
4chins.png
45KB, 300x100px
So this is canon?
>>
>>14937019

> Rather, the fact that they comprehend one another too well is to blame for their status as long-standing rivals.

Char and Nanai outright say this in CCA.
>>
Fascinating! Thank you for providing this info, kind anon.
>>
>tfw Gundam is the most progressive anime of all time
>>
File: 87482280.jpg (364KB, 523x739px) Image search: [Google]
87482280.jpg
364KB, 523x739px
>>
File: 48362622_p0_master1200.jpg (252KB, 753x1064px) Image search: [Google]
48362622_p0_master1200.jpg
252KB, 753x1064px
アムロ・レイプ Amuro Raype is the best title for a Gundam doujin ever
>>
File: Neko_Char.png (243KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Neko_Char.png
243KB, 640x480px
>>
File: 1479347352614.png (323KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1479347352614.png
323KB, 500x411px
>>
If Char understood that understanding is why he and Amuro are on opposite sides, wouldn't that mean he understood that his father's philosophy was bullshit?
>>
File: 1457063767009.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457063767009.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>14939157
>)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.