[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think that with all the fuss about Gits movie cyberpunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: dimension w.png (351KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dimension w.png
351KB, 1280x720px
Will we have a new batch of sci-fi or cyberpunk anime in the future?
>>
>>14934145
>Do you think that with all the fuss about Gits movie cyberpunk will be popular again?
it's possible

dystopian futures were a popular thing not too long ago, cape-ish squads doing stuff seems to make a buck given Guardians of the Galaxy, Suicide Squad, stuff like that

I don't think it would be enough to push the normie market to cyberpunk but I figured cape movies would have died off a while back and I remember seeing the booth at Dragoncon for that new "walking dead" comic and chuckling derisively about getting on board the neozombie trend right before it ended, so what the fuck do I know.

I think it'll be a question as much about what the GitS live action would be to figure out what it would beget if it succeeds.
>Will we have a new batch of sci-fi or cyberpunk anime in the future?
maybe something like Denno Coil or Gatchaman Crowds, but something where the cyber police bust cyber crooks and flash cyber guns around I'm not so sure about
it seems that Japan has an appetite for that at its own time, I don't know that a western GitS live action would affect it
>>
>>14934145
We'll never see a Blade Runner-like environment in the movies.
And modern anime writers can't do shit.
>>
File: AntimagicAcademy-Episode3-34.jpg (577KB, 1280x1276px) Image search: [Google]
AntimagicAcademy-Episode3-34.jpg
577KB, 1280x1276px
>>14934207
>And modern anime writers can't do shit.

I still have faith in anime writers, I think they can do good things, but producers won't let them. Those are the actual problem, you come with the idea of a detective mecha series and you end writing a fantasy harem.
>>
>>14934145

No.

Not GOOD ones
>>
>>14934338
Nah. I tried two of the modern not-/m/ series.
The basic idea is promising, but the execution is horrible
>>
Pacific Rim did nothing to end the "all mechs are Power Rangers or Transformers for kids" stigma in the West, so probably not.
>>
>>14934578

To be fair Michael Baye probably wasn't helping with his retarded ass movies.
>>
>>14934351
This.

At best we'll get a revival of a superficial cyberpunk aesthetic, received secondhand through people who grew up with old cyberpunk media, but who never bothered to read or watch any of what inspired it in the first place.

A cargo cult version, basically.
>>
>>14934361
>Nah. I tried two of the modern not-/m/ series.
what were they
>>
File: fisting robogirls.png (174KB, 278x540px) Image search: [Google]
fisting robogirls.png
174KB, 278x540px
>>14934789
>At best we'll get a revival of a superficial cyberpunk aesthetic

I would be fine with that.

Im tired of fantasy aesthetics and I'm the biggest fantasyfag anime you can find, but I'm so fucking tired of generic medieval settings than anything futuristic even if its only in aesthetics would please me.

Of course, speaking strictly about anime here not other forms of media.
>>
File: 1475187115404.gif (61KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
1475187115404.gif
61KB, 300x351px
>>
She was bitch
>>
File: 25454.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
25454.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 1420630984771.jpg (188KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1420630984771.jpg
188KB, 1200x800px
I learned not so long ago that even normal current-day movie are made with 70% CGI, like : you see that women getting in a bus ? in the winter ?
Well, only the bus stop is real inside a green room.

So they absolutely can do cyberpunk as long as they build the 3D asset and 3D models. For that GitS would need to be a huge success akin to Pirate of the Caribbean.

However it will not improve the quality nor the originality of their production.
- They'll always dumb thing down to stuff the most common public can understand or stuff that "sell" (always seeing the face of the actor even if it's stupid)
- They'll go back to their basic plotline (hero chased throughout the story, super heroes story, crime investigation)
- They won't ever make research to address properly the SF concept they'll use (easy AI, hollywood hacking, airfight & sound in space, visible laser)

No need to say I don't expect much
>>
>>14934145
Even If it repopularized it, Blade Runner 2 will nail the coffin again.
>>
>>14935451
Joker Game and 91 Days.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.