[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started watching mobile suit gundam today and, what the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

File: x1 Gundam Hammer.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
x1 Gundam Hammer.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
I just started watching mobile suit gundam today and, what the fuck?

How is this practical? How is this a military weapon? Why is this called a hammer when it's a flail? Where do they keep the giant metal flails in the ship? Who thought this was a good idea? Why would you equip a high technology state of the art mech with a gigantic medieval weapon?
>>
File: answer.jpg (50KB, 633x479px) Image search: [Google]
answer.jpg
50KB, 633x479px
>>
>>14930083
In this case, story reasons didn't matter for shit. It was only included because they had to sell toys, and so some impractical weapons from the show would be fun to have for real-world kids playing war with their gendums and zeekbots.
>>
>>14930083
You think that seems impractical, wait till they introduce the G-Fighter.
>>
>>14930083
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_hammer
>>
>/m/ still falls for this
>>
I forget, does the 0079 hammer have thrusters or is that just the turn A one?
>>
>>14930318
Yeah.
>>
>>14930151
tl
dr
>>
>>14930083
Watch the movies instead unless you have a high tolerance for bad animation, shit pacing, and stupid goofy shit
The gundam hammer is actually cool though so fuck you anyway
>>
>>14930318
The Hyper Hammer does, but not the Gundam Hammer.
>>
if you think that shits dumb I dont know what you think of the g armor
>>
>>14930448
I am on episode 10 and i love it so far, the stupid goofy shit just makes the experience better
>>
File: RG RX-78-2 Gundam 06.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RG RX-78-2 Gundam 06.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>14930083
>Where do they keep the giant metal flails in the ship?

Right next to it in the maintenance bay, duh.
>>
>>14930083
you fell for the gundam is realistic meme
>>
>>14930083
original Gundam is Shit

watch Gundam 00 and IBO...
>>
>>14930552
How many died from the thing when Bright does a barrel roll?
>>
File: no.gif (1MB, 200x147px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
1MB, 200x147px
>>14930596
>watch Gundam 00 and IBO...
>>
>>14930476
Or when the sequel pops up and the next MC turns into a necromancer to power up his robot.
>>
File: 1479068959643y.jpg (315KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479068959643y.jpg
315KB, 900x900px
>>14930083
>>14930448
I don't know if it's the best place to ask, but I'm about too finish Gundam X soon, and after having seen like six Gundam series, but no UC, I thought it's about time to go for it.
Now... I must admit I don't know if I'll have the patience for yet again for 50ep series (now i remember MSG is slightly less but whatever since I had planned to watch this and Zeta at least), so I thought about only watching the MSG movies and maybe all Zeta. Are the series enjoyable enough as movies or the episodic format is still better? Is there a lot left out in the movies compared to the series? I could probably watch one of the two (MSG or Zeta, I don't really want to watch ZZ as of now), so is it better to watch the MSG movies and the Zeta series or the opposite? I've heard that though the original's movies are ok, Zeta ones aren't really up to the series... so thoughts about that maybe?

tl:dr I want to start some UC, are the MSG movies a good compromise if I don't want to watch the 40+ episodes series. Are the Zeta movies worth it or not and should I rather watch the Zeta series instead?
>>
>>14931328
You should watch Zeta movies after watching the series, since it changes a lot of the original plot and shit.
>>
>>14931328

if you really need to compromise then the best choice is definitely watching the MSG compilation movies and the TV Zeta series.
>>
>>14930083
>hating on gundam hammer
Doesn't know about more hokey impractical shit in all the other series

KYS
>>
This whole Thread:

Talking mad shit about the most based weapon in all of gundam

It is evident none of you faggots ever witnessed it's true power
>>
>>14931328
Zeta's movies are pretty bad, save the animation. The MSG movies are probably what you should go for, but watch movie 1, watch the middle part of the tv series, and then watch movie 3. Movie 2 leaves out too much important stuff.
>>
>>14930083
A melee weapon with verniers on it sounds cool to me
>>
>>14931342
>>14931355
>>14931383
I was pretty much planning on going for the Zeta series and no movies, guess that settles it.

About the MSG movies do they really put that much aside? Is their some notable differences?

Frankly, I'm not that dead set on watching the MSG movies instead of the original series, but if it can be helped without losing too much of the good bits and plot points, I'd rather make it shorter...

Do the movies are somehow properly aligned with the episodes, like first movie is clearly or so episodes 1 to 12 (random numbers here) or is it a bit rougher?
>>
>>14930083
>Where do they keep the giant metal flails in the ship?
They don't Amuro throws it into deep space the first time he uses it.

Watch the episode again. He literally throws it and lets go of the handle. That's why he never uses it again in later episodes.
>>
File: 1474645871348.jpg (145KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1474645871348.jpg
145KB, 622x626px
>>14930083
bait thread
>>
File: 1472109355664.jpg (183KB, 843x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472109355664.jpg
183KB, 843x800px
Ive always loved Gunngadamn for its art for the beauty in the mech forms and and...... LOL i couldent even type that with a straight face the entire series is crap and all but the first 5 mins of every damn show and movie is crap. Theres more character development in the first 2 mins of a MWO match than in an entire wee boo movie. I know the asians invented the mecha lifestyle. They really dropped the ball when the americans perfected it XD
>>
>>14931433
>About the MSG movies do they really put that much aside? Is their some notable differences?
The biggest changes are in the third film, which features a lot of new scenes and old scenes redone from scratch.

The first two films, on the other hand, are basically cut and paste jobs with a few new scenes to tie it all together.

A lot of people tend to exaggerate the differences between MSG's TV series and the compilation movies. I never really got why, but it happens.

Both are actually really good and I think most people should make the effort to watch them once in their lives.
>>
>>14931441
tasteful bait
>>
OP thinks a mobile suit is not pratical because his souls is held down by earth's gravity
>>
>>14930083
only logical reason I can see is that
A. It does a lot of damage and hurts when it hits
B. Doesn't require energy like the beam rifle or beam saber
>>
>>14930083
Don't bother with the TV series.

Watch the movies
>>
>>14931604
I think a few too many Anons encountered the early translations featuring: The Duchy of Zeon, their Zack mobile suits, and the gallant ace Shar.
>>
>>14930083
There's less wind resistance in space so the flail hits harder, duh.
>>
File: GUNDAM_HANMA.png (330KB, 372x525px) Image search: [Google]
GUNDAM_HANMA.png
330KB, 372x525px
Gundam Hammer cleaves Goufs and shatters them into a million pieces.
>>
>>14931328
>Is there a lot left out in the movies compared to the series?
Yes.
> are the MSG movies a good compromise
No.

Just watch the show and leave Zeta & ZZ for another time. Those two you should watch together, first Gundam and Zeta you could watch months apart.
>>
File: BAIT FUNNEL IKIMAS!!!.jpg (86KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
BAIT FUNNEL IKIMAS!!!.jpg
86KB, 1000x800px
>>14930083
WE BELONG TO BAIT
>>
>>14931376
really wish we'd get a new Battle Assault game
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.