[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why....why am I not as good as Katoki??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Kawamori depressed.png (278KB, 936x1207px) Image search: [Google]
Kawamori depressed.png
278KB, 936x1207px
>Why....why am I not as good as Katoki??
>>
>>14927168
Katoki isn't a director and doesn't ruin his name making awful shows.
>>
>>14927168
Extend legs. Add decals.
Done.
>>
File: Short Peace A Farewell to Arms.jpg (102KB, 420x600px) Image search: [Google]
Short Peace A Farewell to Arms.jpg
102KB, 420x600px
>>14927170
Katoki is a director though and directed A Farewell to Arms, an anthology short as part of the Short Peace film
>>
>>14927177
Directing a single short CGI movie doesn't give you the career of an actual director, anon. Katoki didn't write it either.
>>
>>14927183
Short movie or not Katoki directed it in the end. If he isn't then he wouldn't be credited in the first place.
>>
>>14927185
Nagano directed Gothicmade and had far more input in it than Katoki with his but that doesn't automatically give him the career of a director.

Saying Katoki has had anywhere near the amount of experience as Kawamori as a director is ignorant as hell.
>>
>>14927187
Haha I know. Hajime Katoki is first and foremost a mechanical designer, it has been his job and his career.

I never said he had as much experience being a director as Kawamori. I just simply stated he is a director, whether he's a good or bad one is entirely up to you but he directed one short film and that is enough to credit him as a director.
>>
>people talking about directing

OP obviously meant mecha design because we are on a board about mecha design.
>>
Katoki has worked as a director, but it's not a career for him. At least, not yet. He may make a shot at it in future for all I know. And doing something once doesn't make it a career, just a thing you tried because opportunity or whatever. A career entails long term work.

Speaking just to mechanical design though I probably prefer Kawamori, and I wouldn't say he has any reason to be jealous and f Katoki's mechanical design career. They're both very talented, acclaimed and varied designers with a lot of work behind them though, so I'd only be picking a favorite by a nudge when it's close and I don't think there's a clear difference in skill or achievement between them.
>>
Its either the sharp profile of Katoki or the more curvy aspect of Kawamori.

I like to think both stand as equals, the mechs they design have different purposes yet serves their goal well. The 2 are at the top of my 3 favorite mechanical designer along with Yutaka Izubuchi.
>>
>>14927168
Piss off.

Kawamori is the greatest thing to happen to mecha anime. Sure, he made a few decent anime, however, it's only a few over the other greats and even still, it doesn't diminish his name.
>>
>>14927168
Kawamori is the second best guy in the industry after Go Nagai though
>>
>>14927718
>Speaking just to mechanical design though I probably prefer Kawamori, and I wouldn't say he has any reason to be jealous and f Katoki's mechanical design career. They're both very talented, acclaimed and varied designers with a lot of work behind them though, so I'd only be picking a favorite by a nudge when it's close and I don't think there's a clear difference in skill or achievement between them.
Kawamori hasn't had a good design since like 2008
>>
>>14928087
>Kawamori is the greatest thing to happen to mecha anime.

Fuck off, Veef. Kawamori has done absolutely nothing deserving of praise outside of his work as a mecha designer.
>>
>>14928157

> Mechanical designer for Aquarion Evol and Logos, M3, Marcross Delta and probably a few others I'm forgetting in that time

I might not like them as shows and I've not even seen several of them, but the mechanical design on them was solid to dam good. The SV-262 is great for one.
>>
File: Valk lighting a smoke.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Valk lighting a smoke.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>14927168
Because you're better.
>>
>>14928157
>Kawamori hasn't had a good design since like 2008
Would yu like to expand on this or are you just gonna say "its bad bcuz i say so xD"
>>
>>14927168
yep, you suck compare to master Katoki. I personally think you need more practice. Call up FROMSOFTWARE, and tell them you want to design new mechas for AC6.
>>
>>14928396
>and Logos
He didn't work in Logos's mecha design. It was another guy, he just gave guidance to the designs.
>>
Did Delta destroy Kawamori's reputation?
>>
File: 1476820980526.png (345KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1476820980526.png
345KB, 630x630px
>>14928841
>From
>making any more AC games after the international success that they found with their King's Field successors
>>
>>14929514
As what, a director? He's never been considered a good director.
>>
>>14929514
Considering he's already got another projec funded by the chinks lined up, no.
>>
>>14927168

that's right, he's better
>>
>>14929528
ebin opinion
>>
File: Kawamori wakure.jpg (124KB, 690x927px) Image search: [Google]
Kawamori wakure.jpg
124KB, 690x927px
>>14927168
You're good enough for me, Kawamori-sempaai
>>
Katoki hasn't made a new design in over a decade.
>>
>>14929519

They're already making 6.
>>
>>14927168
I don't what the fuck you're talking about. Nobody does transforming robots as well Kawamori. Every artist has their specialties and weaknesses, anon. Not everyone blindly idolizes people and wishes to be them.
>>
Man does his prototypes with Lego. That's good enough for me.

t. someone who has only watch some Macross
>>
>>14929514
>Did Delta destroy Kawamori's reputation?
frontier and 7 had done before him.
>>
>>14927168
A shit
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.